ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

A stones experiment: Twickenham on a Mega screen - IMAX format - Free experience!!!
At the biggest university in Latin América! Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
Bien hecho Rogerriffin!!!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Best gigs you've NEVER seen. Return to archive Page: 1 2
02-12-04 06:23 PM
Gazza Theres not much point me mentioning the likes of Elvis (as he never performed outside North america) or the Beatles, Doors,Hendrix etc as they were all before my time.

If i'm being realistic, I'll just mention acts from my era that I could have seen but didnt and never will get the chance to. Not much point going back any earlier than about 1978.

Frank Sinatra
Johnny Cash
Led Zeppelin
Bob Marley & The Wailers

Bands I HAVE seen but wished I'd seen them when I could have done so earlier when I think they were better.

Prince - Sign o' the times or Lovesexy tours (saw him in '92)
The Clash - (saw them in'84)
The Who - great show when I saw them at Hyde Park in '96 performing "Quadrophenia" but wish i could have seen them before.
David Bowie (saw him in'83 and '87)
Dylan - Europe '78.(seen him about 25 times since 1984 though, so cant complain)

People I havent seen yet as I wasnt "tuned in" in time or have missed them due to various reasons but intend to see them at some point :

Lucinda Williams
Brian Wilson
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Ry Cooder
John Hiatt

I would like to see/hear Al Green sing "live" at some point. Even if it means going to his church in Memphis to hear him!

[Edited by Gazza]
02-12-04 09:01 PM
M.O.W.A.T. I was talking to my parents the other night and they told me that they saw Johnny Cash back in the '70s. My dad told me that June Carter Cash was supposed to open for him but she was sick so he played over 2+ hours that night. I told them how lucky they were and that I wish they had taken me instead of sticking me with a babysitter.
Page: 1 2

BEST VIEWED HIGH