ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

A stones experiment: Twickenham on a Mega screen - IMAX format - Free experience!!!
At the biggest university in Latin América! Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
Bien hecho Rogerriffin!!!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Best gigs you've NEVER seen. Return to archive Page: 1 2
02-11-04 05:06 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I've quite enjoyed reading that other thread, so this is just a follow up. Who have you ALWAYS wanted to see but never got a chance?
I can thing of a hundred but here's 5.

1. Johnny Winter
2. Cream
3. John Lee Hooker
4. Los Lobos
5. Charlie Musselwhite
02-11-04 05:18 PM
stewed & Keefed 1.The Mothers
2.Captain Beefheart
3.Jimi Hendrix
4.The Doors
5.Velvet Underground

Best Moment: Never saw the Beatles
02-11-04 05:21 PM
sirmoonie I'll regret missing The Clash until the day I OD. Especially after reading what The FPM said bout dem.
02-11-04 05:26 PM
Joey " I'll regret missing The Clash until the day I OD. Especially after reading what The FPM said bout dem. "

" The Clash " opened for THE WHO in 1982 and Pete & Co . were STILL a much better band even when they didn't get along .............................

Stones / WHO ..............you've seen the BEST !!!!!!

What ?!?!?! Oh , sure :

1. ) Allman Brothers with Duane and Berry
2. ) Keith Moon doing anything on stage
3. ) Led Z. ( circa '70 something )
4. ) Hendrix
5. ) The Doors
6. ) My Momma

Jacky !

02-11-04 05:32 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I'll regret missing The Clash until the day I OD. Especially after reading what The FPM said bout dem.

Yeah. I never paid much attention to them. They seemed to fly below my radar screen, which I guess is not that hard. FPM seems to have pretty good antennas. Oh well, I'm always late LOL.
02-11-04 05:32 PM
Nellcote Jimi Hendrix
Elmore James
Howlin Wolf
Led Zepp
Hank Williams
Rory Gallagher
Georgia Sattelites
Boz Scaggs & Duane Allman performing "Loan Me A Dime"

Yeah, that's the ticket....
02-11-04 05:39 PM
throbby Stones- '69 MSG
Stones- '78 Palladium
Jimi- London club days circa '67
The Clash
Led Zep- '69 Fillmore West
The Who- '69 Leeds
James Brown in his prime
Muddy in his prime
Bo Diddley in his prime
Elvis- '55-'56
Robert Johnson- the night at the crossroads
[Edited by throbby]
02-11-04 05:54 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
throbby wrote:
James Brown in his prime
Muddy in his prime
Bo Diddley in his prime

I like that quote "in his prime". I wonder how Jerry Lee Lewis was in his prime.
02-11-04 05:58 PM
throbby Probably pretty fucking amazing!
02-11-04 06:20 PM
corgi37 Woodstock (whole event)
Hyde Park 69
Who at Charlton Football ground
Doors in Miami
Hampton Roads 81 (But, gotta be front row, or where the dude with the "mo" from the going to a go-go clip sits).
Stones at Kooyong in 73.
02-11-04 06:22 PM
M.O.W.A.T. The Stones @ the Crawdaddy Club 1962, El Mocambo 1977
Led Zep circa 1975
Bob Marley

02-11-04 06:36 PM
Lazy Bones Easy - The Grateful Dead.
02-11-04 07:41 PM
Gazza >(But, gotta be front row, or where the dude with the "mo" from the going to a go-go clip sits).

LOLOLOL...who WAS that excitable boy?
Great post...take the rest of the day off!
02-11-04 08:05 PM
stonedinaustralia limiting it to ones i could have seen but for various reasons didn't:

stones - adelaide - 1973

clash - adelaide - 1981

bob marley - 1980 (i think)

02-11-04 09:04 PM
Mottrush
Leaving Stones shows out I would loved to have seen:

Led Zeppelin

Grateful Dead

Mott The Hoople

The Band

Roy Buchanan

Cheers,

Mottrush
02-11-04 09:27 PM
Steel Wheels The Band of Gypsies

John Lee Hooker

George Harrison on the Japan tour

02-11-04 09:55 PM
Phog Robert Johnson
Charlie Patton
Howlin' Wolf
Muddy Waters
Little Walter
Elvis Presley
Eddie Cochran
Buddy Knox
Hank Williams
Johnny Cash
Jimi Hendrix
The Band
Sex Pistols
The Clash
Dead Kennedys

[Edited by Phog]
[Edited by Phog]
02-11-04 10:03 PM
M.O.W.A.T.
quote:
Johnny Cash

I remember going to the Stones show at the CNE in Toronto back in '94, the next day, Johnny Cash was playing a free show there. I kick myself now for not going when I had the opportunity. I have seen his brother, Tommy, perform though.
02-12-04 12:47 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Rolling Stones with Brian
Rolling Stones with Mick Taylor (my first show was in 1981)
Jimi Hendrix
Cream
Big Brothers w/Janis
Doors
MC5
Pink Floyd with Syd
Grateful Dead
Genesis with Peter Gabriel
Early Fleetwood Mac with Peter Green
Ten Years After
The Clash
Patti Smith
Early Savoy Brown
John Mayall

Shit I have missed a lot!

02-12-04 01:19 AM
Sir Stonesalot Voodoo...you like Syd?

I know what my next present to you will be.

I'll send it out after Max's tree is done.

As for people I've missed....well, I'm lucky. I've seen most of the people that I really wanted to see. But here are a few that I'll never get a chance to see...and a couple that I'm still holding out some hope for.

Dead uns--Beatles, Clash, Bob Marley, Jimi Hendrix, The Replacements, The Ramones, Nirvana, and all the great bygone bluesmen. XTC are still kickin, but they don't play live...so I'm screwed there.

Still gotta chance--Tom Waits(Nasty, are we there?), The Pogues, Prince, The Dirtbombs

Neil Young was on that list...but I just got tix(row 15) to see him this March. I'm assuming that we'll both make it that long. There is a rumour of a Pogues reunion tour in the spring. Tom is a wild card. He doesn't really tour per se. Prince doesn't do a lot of live shows either.

Joe Strummer's death was just crushing to me. I know that I'd be holding tix to a Mescaleros show for the Streetcore tour that would have been. Damn.
02-12-04 01:50 AM
Madafaka Bands that never came to my country:
The Doors
Pink Floyd
The Strokes
The White Stripes
Sex Pistols
Hole

Bands that came to my country:
Nirvana (When they came I was listening to another type of music)
Rod Stewart (He cancelled the concert in Buenos Aires when I already had the ticket in my hand)
U2 (They played the day that I was going away to Venezuela of vacations with my ex-girlfriend. What loss of time!)
02-12-04 11:47 AM
Joey " I like that quote "in his prime". I wonder how Jerry Lee Lewis was in his prime. "

Ask any thirteen year old at the time .

02-12-04 12:20 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

I like that quote "in his prime". I wonder how Jerry Lee Lewis was in his prime.

To find out listen to Jerry Lee Lewis Live at the Star Club 1964. It is the most rockin' thing EVER. He was positively crazed and brilliant and out of control.

The sound quality of the recording is miraculous.

You'd love it, too, Throbby!

Rhino and Bear Family have had versions out in the past.

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
02-12-04 12:28 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

To find out listen to Jerry Lee Lewis Live at the Star Club 1964. It is the most rockin' thing EVER. He was positively crazed and brilliant and out of control.

The sound quality of the recording is miraculous.

Thanks for the tip NH. I'll check it out.
02-12-04 12:33 PM
Nasty Habits At one point in the show the crowd is starting to chant "Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!" and he's so pilled out of his mind he starts chanting "Jerry" along with them.

SS -- anytime anywhere Tom Waits is playing I will be there -- have blown it too many times in the past to blow it again.

02-12-04 12:36 PM
throbby Thanks Nasty! I will find that disc.
02-12-04 02:35 PM
Sir Stonesalot I've blown it way too many times with Tom myself Nasty...I know EXCACTLY how you feel. Maybe even more so because if I had not pussied out the last time...I probably would have met Keith too!

I'm holding back some comp time at work just for Tom. I will not miss another opportunity. We should try to hook up for Tom. Now THAT would be a night!
02-12-04 02:36 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
At one point in the show the crowd is starting to chant "Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!" and he's so pilled out of his mind he starts chanting "Jerry" along with them.

LOL. I'll bet. He wasn't no damn Liberache anyway. But they say that Liberache was quite a showman.
02-12-04 02:41 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
02-12-04 03:10 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I've blown it way too many times with Tom myself Nasty...I know EXCACTLY how you feel. Maybe even more so because if I had not pussied out the last time...I probably would have met Keith too!

I'm holding back some comp time at work just for Tom. I will not miss another opportunity. We should try to hook up for Tom. Now THAT would be a night!

Word.
Page: 1 2

BEST VIEWED HIGH