ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

A stones experiment: Twickenham on a Mega screen - IMAX format - Free experience!!!
At the biggest university in Latin América! Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
Bien hecho Rogerriffin!!!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Creedence Clearwater Revival Return to archive Page: 1 2
02-11-04 09:45 AM
Ronnie B. Wood Do you like them? What do you mean about them?
They were popular in Serbia in 70s and the generation of people who was born from 1945-1955 liked them very much!
02-11-04 02:57 PM
doo doo doo Dude They were Brian's favorite band at the time of his death.
02-11-04 06:25 PM
corgi37 They were the most popular band in the world, hands down, from around 69-70. They sold container ship loads more records than the STones and Beatles put together (at the time). To me, they are the most underrated, underappreciated and forgotten band in rock history. Neil Young has built a fucking career sounding and playing like John Fogerty. Man, right down to wearing the check shirts. I feel so sorry for Fogerty too. He was unable even to tour after the band split, as he wasnt able to perform HIS songs. Way too late now, but i wish they would have done a re-union show.
02-11-04 06:38 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
To me, they are the most underrated, underappreciated and forgotten band in rock history.

Well. May be a bit of hyperbole here...but not much. LOL.
Some things just don't work out...sadly. They were a great band.
02-11-04 10:47 PM
Maxmeister
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
They were the most popular band in the world, hands down, from around 69-70. They sold container ship loads more records than the STones and Beatles put together (at the time). To me, they are the most underrated, underappreciated and forgotten band in rock history. Neil Young has built a fucking career sounding and playing like John Fogerty. Man, right down to wearing the check shirts. I feel so sorry for Fogerty too. He was unable even to tour after the band split, as he wasnt able to perform HIS songs. Way too late now, but i wish they would have done a re-union show.

I couldn't agree more. CCR is definately the best American rock band.
Fogarty has settled at least some of his legal battles as he toured Europe and the U.S a little over 3 years ago and did all his and CCR's hits. I saw him in a 2500 seat music arena here in H-Town up close and personal. The gig was just pure fun listening to hit after hit. He was in great physical shape and even after being on the road for several months, he had great energy and was having as much fun as the sold out audience.

Rick
02-11-04 10:48 PM
violentkind I love CCR!
One of my top 10 favs.
02-11-04 10:50 PM
glencar "Zaentz Can't Dance" is a great tune with a funny video.
02-12-04 01:54 AM
Zack You know, Creedence never had a #1 single. Hit #2 more than five times but couldn't make it to the top. That's quite unbelievable. Proud Mary is one of the greatest singles ever. Fogerty's Blue Moon Swamp is excellent too, his best solo work by far. Won a Grammy.

"Rollin', rollin', rollin' on a ril-buh . . ."

02-12-04 02:03 AM
Stonesthrow Born On The Bayou and Green River are musical experiences of almost Stonesian quality.
02-12-04 02:44 AM
Jumacfly yes guys, i love them too...."i ve heard it through the grapevines" is a masterpiece, such as commotion, pagan baby, suzie Q (far better version than the stones IMHO), and many others...
a great band indeed!!
02-12-04 02:44 AM
UGot2Rollme
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Neil Young has built a fucking career sounding and playing like John Fogerty. Man, right down to wearing the check shirts.

Corgi, I like CCR but Neil Young is an original with as much or more talent and certainly better longevity than John Fogerty.
02-12-04 06:55 AM
bez85 best garage band of all time......
02-12-04 09:02 AM
Ronnie B. Wood I PUT A SPELL ON YOU
Have you ever seen the rain
Down on the corner
Hey Tonight
Who'll stop the rain

it's very said, people forgot them...
02-12-04 09:11 AM
UGot2Rollme the surviving members (bass, drums - minus J. Fogerty of course)are touring as "Creedence Clearwater Revisited" with Elliot Easton (ex-Cars lead) on lead guitar. I saw them last year and it was alot of fun.
02-12-04 09:12 AM
Jumacfly BORN TO MOVE!!!! great funk!!!
02-12-04 09:40 AM
Madafaka Yeah, I love that band.
Ramones covered "Have you ever seen the rain" Do you hear that?
02-12-04 02:00 PM
Fabio Hot Stuff Yeah, I love that band!
always in my heart,
Madafaka, I love Ramones too!
and that cover was cool. Have you heard the ather Ramones cover named "OUT OF TIME"?
02-12-04 02:07 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
UGot2Rollme wrote:
the surviving members (bass, drums - minus J. Fogerty of course)are touring as "Creedence Clearwater Revisited" with Elliot Easton (ex-Cars lead) on lead guitar. I saw them last year and it was alot of fun.

You know normally I find that sort of thing distasteful, bands touring without a "leading light" so to speak, like Mike Love touring as the Beach Boys, or those guys doing Ten Years After shows without Alvin Lee. But in this case, I think maybe Fogarty is being unreasonable.
02-12-04 02:11 PM
steel driving hammer Fuck Elvis, CCR was the shit you bastards.

Fantastic cover of Leadbelly's Midnight Special.
02-12-04 03:08 PM
Nasty Habits People haven't forgotten them, their ubiquitous presence on Oldies radio has just turned public perception of them into a two disc (Chronicle) band and no one realizes what a great catalog of albums they have (kind of like the Rolling F*cking Stones). Willie and the Poor Boys and Green River are both GREAT GREAT RECORDS. And Cosmo and Bayou ain't that far behind . ..

Don't know why you'd say Fuck Elvis, though SDH . . .

Sinister Purpose
Tombstone Shadow
Commotion
Effigy
Sweet Hitchhiker
It Came Out of the Sky
Feelin' Blue
Lookin' Out My Back Door
Fortunate Son
The Night Time is the Right Time
02-12-04 03:13 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

Don't know why you'd say Fuck Elvis, though SDH . . .

Ah... don't be too hard on him NH, that's the difference between an ameuter and a pro. His antennas are still a wee bit wet thats all. He'll tune in.
02-12-04 03:18 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Ah... don't be too hard on him NH, that's the difference between an ameuter and a pro. His antennas are still a wee bit wet thats all. He'll tune in.

LOL!

Fuck Elvis and Fuck the Beatles.
02-12-04 03:20 PM
marko Fuck Elvis and Fuck the Beatles.

NAH,i only fuck marianne.
02-12-04 03:22 PM
Nasty Habits I don't mind the statement, I just fail to see the connection . . .
02-12-04 03:23 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
marko wrote:

NAH,i only fuck marianne.

Who's she?
02-12-04 03:24 PM
steel driving hammer Connection was, Elvis was American and so was CCR in reference to Maxmeister's post.

But CCR was better than Elvis.
02-12-04 03:28 PM
marko My woman.
02-12-04 03:30 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
marko wrote:
My woman.

OK.
02-12-04 05:29 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Connection was, Elvis was American and so was CCR in reference to Maxmeister's post.

But CCR was better than Elvis.

How in the world do you figure that?

02-12-04 05:37 PM
Gazza Maxmeister>I couldn't agree more. CCR is definately the best American rock band.

Amen to that!
Page: 1 2

BEST VIEWED HIGH