ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

A stones experiment: Twickenham on a Mega screen - IMAX format - Free experience!!!
At the biggest university in Latin América! Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
Bien hecho Rogerriffin!!!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Age and The Rolling Stones Return to archive Page: 1 2
02-10-04 03:12 AM
FPM C10 I'm 24 and have been for the past 22 years.

Fell in love with the Stones when I heard "Satisfaction" on the car radio in 1965. Became a hopeless addict when I bought their then-new album "Let It Bleed". Have distinct memories of hearing "JJF", "HTW", and "Brown Sugar" for the first time, when they were brand new songs, and knowing that was how rock & roll was supposed to sound. My parameters haven't changed a jot - that's STILL how rock&roll is supposed to sound.
02-10-04 03:25 AM
padre 34. Big brother brought home Tattoo You in '82 and that was it. No turning back.
02-10-04 11:16 AM
Madafaka 26 and happy to heard Stones everyday.
BTW, check my post here: http://www.novogate.com/board/968/182545-1.html?PHPSESSID=ce2c49d10ad929c687cf88970c8eed83

Max.-
02-10-04 12:06 PM
Stones Fan, Gar Established 1962, been a fan since my teens.
02-10-04 03:13 PM
Gazza Born the same week as the Stones brought out their first single
02-10-04 03:47 PM
doo doo doo Dude 34. It was the great Rolling Stones Rennaissance of '81. I'll never forget Start Me Up/Tattoo You being everywhere that summer/fall and the tour was HUGE. My folks wouldn't let me go to the concert (I was 11) but I did score a tour t-shirt and, believe you me, I felt like one cool motherfucker sporting that T on the playground. I've kept the faith ever since.
02-11-04 02:07 AM
IanBillen
Saw them playing Brown sugar in a movie theater in Akron and I knew there was something to this band and I loved the song. I think I was 9. I am not sure of the Movie. It had Mick with a jean jacket and glitter eye-liner. Is is Ladies and Gentlemen The Rolling Stones? Anyway I got my dream come true in 1981 when my dad took me to see them at the Cleveland Coliseum (later turned to Richfield Coliseum)
I have seen them every tour since. I think 2002-2003 Licks
was the best I ever heard them sound. I liked the fact that this tour didn't really have a theme like Steel Wheels and every tour since. It was just supposed to be hot Stones on tour....and this time they were really hot! More into it and just being themselves than tours of late.
Ian
02-11-04 02:50 AM
Taptrick 38 - Some Girls did it for me in 1978 at 13. I always knew who the Stones were by familiarity. I mean even from 5-12 I often heard the name "Mick Jagger" and "The Rolling Stones" tossed around on the radio and by my parents friend but I never put a band with a song. Then I saw Apocalypse Now around the time of Some Girls. That scene where they played Satisfaction blew me away. I bought the 45. Then I saw the Stones live when they were on Saturday Night Live and that summer of 78 my mother and I both loved Miss You, Shattered, and Beast of Burden. I started to put two and two together and , "Oh that's the same band that made Satisfaction." All those songs that I already knew started falling in place. As I collected I even had those starnge memory recall experiences in which I recalled bits of info in my head I would never remember in a million years. For example I realized I had seen TV adds for a Stones compilation (Made In The Shade possibly?) and at the time had noted that I really liked the song Angie and should find out more about that band,,,but forgot about it (hey I would have been about 10)...or that I could suddenly remember hearing Fool To Cry on the radio when it tried to crack the charts. I was amazed at how much of the Stones catalogue i had experienced and recalled hearing on the radio even from like age 3-13 when I became a true fan.
Page: 1 2

BEST VIEWED HIGH