ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

A stones experiment: Twickenham on a Mega screen - IMAX format - Free experience!!!
At the biggest university in Latin América! Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
Bien hecho Rogerriffin!!!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Janet Jacksons Halftime Tit Show Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
02-05-04 07:21 PM
gypsy I don't think nudity in and of itself is a big deal at all. My whole beef with this thing is that women have been being degraded for years now...it's all over television...every video for the last several years (well, probably since MTV was created) is full of scantily clad women. I know...some of you guys are like "so what." But, it is a big deal when young girls see this stuff day in and day out. It's a male-dominated society in which we live...and videos only show girls that they can control men with their bodies and not their brains. I just think it's sad. You don't see videos where women are pulling men's pants down and treating THEM like sex objects.
02-05-04 07:23 PM
glencar Would that make things better? Does "Sex & the City" make up for Playboy?
02-05-04 07:24 PM
glencar Mr. Motels, you seem very suspicious of pols. I know amny are on teh take but it's hard to believe that they'd be down at Jacko's place partaking in the molestations & "Jesus juice."o
02-05-04 09:02 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
Mr. Motels, you seem very suspicious of pols.

One of last honest politician to grace this Earth was Caesar Caligula. He was actually a very didactic type. Very underrated. IMO.
02-05-04 09:15 PM
parmeda Once again, Steelie comes thru with the goods...lol

Seriously, I wish this shit would stop already.
There's a time and a place for everything. Halftime at the Super Bowl has been consumed with greedy corporate sponsors that pimp out any celebrity looking for an extended 15 minutes of their already sagging fame. The NFL sold their soul and danced with the devil...what in the hell did they expect? George Halas & Vince Lombardi are doing backflips in their graves...

I could only wish that things could go back when halftimes showcased high school and college marching bands. Talk about talent...don't get me started.

02-07-04 08:32 AM
Monkey Woman File it under "I'm a dumb outraged shmuck and I want money for it":

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/newsarticle.asp?nid=19299

"Janet, Justin Sued by Viewer

Tennessee woman takes legal action over halftime stunt

The fallout over Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake's racy Super Bowl halftime performance continues, as a Tennessee woman has filed suit against the pair as well as halftime show producer MTV, broadcaster CBS and parent company Viacom.
Knoxville native Terri Carlin filed a proposed class action lawsuit in a U.S. District Court on Wednesday, charging the accused with causing her and "millions of others" to "suffer outrage, anger, embarrassment and serious injury." The suit reportedly seeks billions of dollars in compensatory and punitive damages.

The incident has caused ripples throughout the country. Congress is entertaining a bill that would increase the fine for airing "indecent" material during prime time from $27,500 to $270,000 (though if each CBS affiliate that aired the Super Bowl is hit with a fine, the $27,500 could turn to millions of dollars). Network television is also beginning to make preemptive changes with their upcoming programming. ABC will institute a five-second tape delay during its February 29th Academy Awards telecast, the first time the network has ever done so. And CBS will use a five-minute delay during this Sunday's Grammy Awards.

Jackson and Timberlake's stunt -- both claim that Jackson's breast wasn't supposed to be fully exposed -- was seen by more than 90 million viewers, prompting the widespread outrage. According to a report, the Federal Communications Commission fielded 240,000 complaints about "indecency" on television in 2003; in the days since the Super Bowl, more than 200,000 have been logged.

STEVE APPLEFORD
(February 6, 2004)"

Speechless.
02-07-04 04:28 PM
mickmask Ok, maybe it's just my Nancy Drew genes coming out again but here's a new theory.... 1. Who is Justin Timberlakes role model, mentor ect????? Hmmmmm???? 2. Now who's this person's sister?? Wouldn't it make sense to choose an event that captures the worlds attention to stage a PR stunt guaranteed to take that attention away from your brother/idol's nasty messy trial for at leat 3-4 weeks? Not that it wouldn't hurt either ones record sales, right? Let's face it ... ANY PR is good PR. Just a thought.
02-09-04 09:45 AM
glencar Nah, she doesn't acre about the trial. It's all about the record sales.
02-10-04 12:20 PM
Joey " I don't think nudity in and of itself is a big deal at all. My whole beef with this thing is that women have been being degraded for years now"

" ...it's all over television...every video for the last several years (well, probably since MTV was created) is full of scantily clad women. I know...some of you guys are like "so what." "

W- W- W- What ?!?!?!

" But, it is a big deal when young girls see this stuff day in and day out. "

" It's a male-dominated society in which we live...and videos only show girls that they can control men with their bodies and not their brains. I just think it's sad. You don't see videos where women are pulling men's pants down and treating THEM like sex objects. "

Unbelievable

www.Hackwriters.com

Jacky !

02-10-04 12:30 PM
telecaster How long are you going to "milk" this thread?

JOEY!
02-10-04 12:34 PM
Joey " How long are you going to "milk" this thread? "

You make Joey smile .

02-10-04 12:55 PM
telecaster Joey, Cattlemans oh, say, 2:30?

No make it 3, I want to swing by Cliff Barnes office and give him a heart murmor

Have you gal call my gal if there is a problem

"Today there are several family owned and operated Oil Companies like Ewing Oil, though certainly not as many as Texas had in previous years. These companies are nowhere near the size of conglomerates like Mobil. In order to maintain a strong voice in the Oil Industry, these companies are bonded by the IOA, The Independent Oilman's Association. They vote on various issues internally and then present a united front in political and economic arenas.

Within the IOA there are CARTELS- groups of companies that invest in major ventures together . The Cartels limit the competition within the Independents, provide an opportunity to go up against such awesome conglomerates such as WESTAR OIL, and share the risk of any venture between companies.

Note : Cartels are now Illegal in the United States.

Jock Ewing was founding member of one of the first and most powerful cartels in the Oil Industry. The original charter of the Dallas based Cartel had the following members:

JEBSON AMES, Sr. (deceased), Ames Oil (Expelled from the Cartel in 1980 due to illegal activities by Jebsons son)

Punk Anderson, Anderson Oil (retired )

Jordan Lee (deceased) , Lee Oil, retired from the business but he continued to be involved in political activism leading to his assassination in 1990.

Andy Bradley (retired), Bradley Oil

John Ross Ewing, Sr. (deceased), Ewing Oil

William Joseph Garr, Sr. (deceased), Garr Oil (expelled from the Cartel in 1980 due to illegal activities by his son Bille Joe)

Martin Hurst (deceased), Hurst Oil. Name changed to Stonehurst Oil when Martin died and his daughters husband Seth Stone became CEO, upon Seths death, Martins daughter Marilee Stone became CEO. She retired from the Oil Business.

Wade Luce, (retired).Luce Oil. Luce sold the company to Rebecca Wentworth and it kept its place within the Cartel. Upon Wentworths death in 1983, her son Clifford Barnes became sole owner and CEO. Cliff retired from the Oil Business.

Lucas Wade (deceased), Wade Oil. The company went bankrupt after Lucas`s death and its assets were auctioned off by the banks.

02-10-04 02:39 PM
Joey " No make it 3, I want to swing by Cliff Barnes office and give him a heart murmor

Have you gal call my gal if there is a problem "

Yes , Three O'Clock it IS Tele .....................

What in the Hell would we do without the gals ?!?!

Cliff Barnes DEFINITELY needs Slappin' Down .

Slappy !
02-11-04 06:16 AM
Monkey Woman Sense has not completely vanished, after all.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/newsarticle.asp?nid=19312

Jackson Suit Dropped

Woman had sought billions for Super Bowl flash

A Tennessee woman has dropped her class action lawsuit against Janet Jackson, Justin Timberlake, MTV, CBS and their parent company, Viacom, just one week after filing it in response to the now infamous Super Bowl halftime breast flash.
Knoxville native Terri Carlin filed a proposed class action lawsuit in a U.S. District Court last Wednesday, charging the accused with causing her and "millions of others" to "suffer outrage, anger, embarrassment and serious injury." The suit sought billions of dollars damages. According to Carlin's dismissal paperwork, she plans to wait and see if outrage over the incident will prompt new measures to prevent "indecent" material from airing on primetime television again.

Some changes have already been established. CBS, having been burned at the Super Bowl, ran a five-minute tape delay last Sunday for its coverage of the Grammy Awards. ABC is planning a five-second delay during its February 29th Academy Awards telecast. The Federal Communications Commission is also investigating the incident, having fielded almost as many complaints in the time since the flash as it did in all of 2003. Congress is also discussing more stringent rules, regulations and fines for networks that air "indecent" material at certain hours.

ANDREW DANSBY
(February 10, 2004)

----------

"Wait and see" what comes of that "outrage"? Read: I'll pass because my lawyers told me I hadn't a snowball chance in hell!
02-11-04 04:54 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
Knoxville native Terri Carlin filed a proposed class action lawsuit in a U.S. District Court last Wednesday, charging the accused with causing her and "millions of others" to "suffer outrage, anger, embarrassment and serious injury." The suit sought billions of dollars damages.

LOL. Tort Reform anyone?

02-11-04 10:45 PM
glencar That woman should show us HER tit!
02-12-04 05:53 PM
Joey Another Damn Lawsuit ..................Didn't Mick Taylor sue THE STONES over copyright infringement when " Tattoo You " was released ?!?!?! Is that the same thing as when George Harrison got sued for lifting riffs or whatever for his hit " My Sweet Lord " ?!?!

You see my Stones Brothers and Sisters ......

Intent, a crucial element of fraud, is extremely difficult to prove in an intellectual property dispute. Beyond any percipient, circumstantial or documentary evidence, it goes to the individual's character, professional history, standing in the community, defendant's economic situation, criminal history, a lot of the intangibles. George Harrison was a world reknown celebrity whose character both personally and professionally was pretty unassailable. It's not surprising the Appeal panel reversed the trial court on "My Sweet Lord". The man was a global philanthropist after the Bangaladesh effort.

....or the K.D. Lang / " Anybody See My Baby " writing credit affair off of B2B !

Here , the language intimates a conscious act. I surmise Mick and Keith copped to it and were advised to settle. Interesting that K.D. Lang negotiated the writing credit rather than take a payoff. Or maybe it was a combination of both -- the Stones always ripe for whacking. No doubt the attorneys had their fangs out. In any event, this must have been quite a learning experience for Mick and Keith , a rude awakening perhaps and certainly adding to the general pallor that hangs over " B2B " to this day in the minds of some ..........................................Storm ?!?! Blue ?!?!

I Thank You All For Your Time this Afternoon !!!!!

I Thank You !!!!!!!!!

The Joey , Established 1999 and providing quality posts like this on a daily basis since Day One !

Joey ! .............Quality ! ...............Visionary ! ....................Joey !

[ Academy Award Winning Editing by Kid Joe ]
[Edited by Joey]
02-12-04 10:53 PM
glencar I've seen that post before...
02-13-04 10:01 AM
Joey " I've seen that post before... "

Page: 1 2 3 4 5

BEST VIEWED HIGH