ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

A stones experiment: Twickenham on a Mega screen - IMAX format - Free experience!!!
At the biggest university in Latin América! Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
Bien hecho Rogerriffin!!!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith Outtakes Return to archive Page: 1 2
01-15-04 10:11 AM
Soul Survivor This guy is great. Im listening to the outtake "I Need You". Mick and Keith singing together. It's catchy and great. Can anyone provide background info on the track
01-15-04 10:22 AM
egon i love "it's funny"!
01-15-04 10:26 AM
Jumacfly from voodoo brew Egon??
01-15-04 10:30 AM
SHINE A LIGHT yes, here you go:
-5 jan.-2 mar., 1978
-emi, pathe marconi, paris
-producer, the glimmer twins
-boot only
- the rolling stones with ian mclagan.

"i need you" was in an early stage, but the country steel guitar shines through while jagger struggles with what seems unfinished lyrics as he promises not to fuck her too much! keith is featured prominently on vocals. the song is very close in melody to "i can't help it", all be it in a different style. (direct quote from martin elliott's latest book).
01-15-04 10:33 AM
Jumacfly i need this boot!!
01-15-04 11:47 AM
stonedatbirth666 There is a great All about you outtake! Also Keith doing "some where over the rainbow" "Dream" "you win again" "Cocaine" "Girl from the north county fair" Keith is the MAN!
01-15-04 12:06 PM
mac_daddy the acoustic disc from brew/stew is wonderful to listen to.
01-15-04 01:10 PM
macawber that song -i need you ,if i remember correctly,is from "paris results" the best bootleg from the some girls sessions,the last time mick and keith really sat down and wrote songs together.
01-15-04 01:20 PM
glencar Steel Wheels was another sitdown together wriring session. And it worked out nicely.
01-15-04 01:38 PM
Monkey Woman And Voodoo Lounge.
01-15-04 01:39 PM
glencar Uh, not so nice...
01-15-04 01:46 PM
steel driving hammer Notice on the song Mick sings, "I wont fuck you too much,"

Then Keith sings, "I wont fuck you much"

Great catchy tune btw.

As I've said many times, the Stones are sitting on a goldmine of unrealeased material that could start the British Invasion all over again.
01-15-04 02:23 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Soul Survivor wrote:
This guy is great. Im listening to the outtake "I Need You". Mick and Keith singing together. It's catchy and great. Can anyone provide background info on the track

GREAT SONG, good choice soulie!

I don't have it anymore, does anyone have it on the pc.

TIA

Rik
[Edited by Moonisup]
01-15-04 03:25 PM
egon jumy yes to "it's funny"

muppie, i've got it in mp3 (along with a shitload of other outtakes, alternate takes etc). downloaded it from kazaa.

want it? just say the magic word.
01-15-04 03:26 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
egon wrote:
want it? just say the magic word.

Don't say that!! He might take his clothes off.
01-15-04 03:28 PM
glencar I have that song on CDr & I'm not as fond of it as other outtakes. I'll give it a new listen though when I find it.
01-15-04 03:31 PM
Moonisup Egon thanks!

But I've found it on WINMX, searching 1 time!

evengoed bedankt!

rik
01-15-04 03:32 PM
egon it's all good
01-15-04 03:37 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
But I've found it on WINMX, searching 1 time!

That is illegal. I will have to report this.
01-15-04 03:39 PM
glencar Hmmm, just when I was about to download kazaa...
01-15-04 03:45 PM
egon the best thing around these days is emule.
(especially when you want to download whole albums.)

if you do download kazaa, then download kazaalite (no spyware)
01-15-04 03:51 PM
glencar Thanks for the advice. I just want to get a few songs with little hassle. At least, that's how it starts out.
01-15-04 03:52 PM
egon go for kazaalite then
01-15-04 08:10 PM
stonedinaustralia yes "i need you" is a great tune

does anyone nkow for sure whether or not that is keith on the piano???

tia
01-15-04 08:17 PM
exile Where do you guys get all these amazing songs?
I have never heard of it!

does anyone have an mp3 they can send me? or burn a CD?
01-15-04 08:27 PM
stonedinaustralia i used to get a lot of mp3's from ulf's site but i don't think he has tracks for down load any more

exile, i'd send you a copy in a minute (well, maybe not that quick) but my home PC which has my burner and my mp3 collection on it is still non-operational - once i get organized i'll be glad to do you a copy but i do only have MP3 of that track (and an old cassette dub of place pigalle) so maybe someone else may be able to help you wiht a good quality burn

cheers
01-15-04 08:42 PM
SHINE A LIGHT
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
yes "i need you" is a great tune

does anyone nkow for sure whether or not that is keith on the piano???

tia

it's ian mclagan on piano.
01-15-04 08:51 PM
exile yeah great SIA
I am so far behind in Bootlegs
Id actually go as far as to say by bootleg colection is pretty much non-existant
well.. except for the ones you sent me ages ago, thanks for that "mocambo" etc
There are so many bootlegs I wouldnt know where to begin

rather than collect concerts though i would be more interested to hear obscure recordings or outtakes they would be more interesting I guess.

[Edited by exile]
01-15-04 09:01 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
exile wrote:

rather than collect concerts though i would be more interested to hear obscure recordings or outtakes they would be more interesting I guess.

agreed exile, out-takes are much more intersting than endless live performances - 'tho as you are probably aware by now "brussels affair" is compulsory listening and for woody era i always praise "who went to church" ('75) it has great versions of TD, WHorses, JJF and You gotta move-

there's so much excellent stuff out there - can any of you others help out exile here??

but for starters exile go to the bootleg link at the top of the board (under the header) you should be able to track something down - there's a link to MononoM's site - he had "peaches gone south" in its entirety for download and may still do - good luck

SAL - thanx for the response - who's your authority for that answer??
01-15-04 11:41 PM
100 Years Ago i like "i need you" well enough, but seek out these keith gems from late 70s as well:

sing me back home--chilling, sung like a man who's life is hanging by a thread, which at the time it was

we had it all--a C&W cover song which keith turned into his own, a bittersweet farewell to anita

let's go steady--a sam cooke cover, kinda has an exile feel, with the soul vibe, horns and all, love the vocal interplay between krissy kimsey and keith
Page: 1 2

BEST VIEWED HIGH