ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Sun Bowl, El Paso, TX - 20th October 2006
© El Paso Times with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bob Knight hangs it up. Return to archive
4th February 2008 07:26 PM
robpop Bob Knight just retired from basketball. A true legend.

His son will take over as head coach of Texas Tech.

One of the greatest moments in sports history.

[Edited by robpop]
4th February 2008 07:42 PM
gimmekeef And folks think Bellichek is a sore loser.Knight was the Bobby Heenan of basketball.
4th February 2008 07:45 PM
robpop
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
And folks think Bellichek is a sore loser.Knight was the Bobby Heenan of basketball.

That's why I posted it the way I did. Just some sarcasm.
4th February 2008 07:50 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
robpop wrote:

That's why I posted it the way I did. Just some sarcasm.

Got it..resume Iron City consumption....
4th February 2008 07:56 PM
fireontheplatter what an assinine thing for a coach to do.
had the leg of that chair poked my eye out...i would sue that motherfucker
4th February 2008 07:59 PM
robpop
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
what an assinine thing for a coach to do.

You better watch so do not poke your eye out with something else.
4th February 2008 08:14 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
what an assinine thing for a coach to do.

Toss a chair from Indiana to NY?

Highly unlikely.
4th February 2008 08:16 PM
Mel Belli Whoops, sorry about the duplicate post. I'll delete. But here's my value-add: the famous locker-room rant:

4th February 2008 08:21 PM
robpop Thanks for posting that. I had never heard it uncensored before. I have to send that to my father. He'll love it.
4th February 2008 08:30 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
And folks think Bellichek is a sore loser.Knight was the Bobby Heenan of basketball.

Bobby Heenan! I hadn't thought of that guy in years until recently. For some reason I remembered a show he had on, I think, the USA network following a WWF evening broadcast. It was classic: "Well, welcome back all you shut-ins and those of you guys who just can't get a date." Genius!
4th February 2008 11:01 PM
The_Worst God bless Bobby Knight-simply one of the best.
4th February 2008 11:21 PM
CrissCrossMind Knight was to the game of college basketball ... what da Stones have been to rock & roll ... simply the best ...
the Motion Offense is like the weaving of Keith & his partner ... one of a kind ... CCM
5th February 2008 05:42 AM
lotsajizz too bad, I was hoping one of his players would up and deck him just once before he retired
5th February 2008 08:16 AM
CrissCrossMind I think Knight walked the walk ... and talked the talk ... he walked through more hostile ... 'stupid' fans in one year than your average coach does in a career ... but when a young Illinois fan / player ... took a swing at him ... he just stuffed the moron in a garbage can and waked on down the line ... he took on all comers and most if not all of his players would fight for him not with him ... CCM
5th February 2008 11:28 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Bobby Heenan! I hadn't thought of that guy in years until recently. For some reason I remembered a show he had on, I think, the USA network following a WWF evening broadcast. It was classic: "Well, welcome back all you shut-ins and those of you guys who just can't get a date." Genius!

LOL..Mel..or the time King Kong Bundy slammed a midget to the canvas..Heenan pipes up..."That'll teach the rest of you midgets out there to keep outta the way"..Classic

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)