ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Sun Bowl, El Paso, TX - 20th October 2006
© El Paso Times with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Patriots pooped themselves Return to archive Page: 1 2
4th February 2008 02:02 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Nice show of class Belipunk

whaaaaaaaa

Let it never be said that we could not find one thing to agree on. That was a shameful display of poor sportsmanship and weak character.
[Edited by Brainbell Jangler]
4th February 2008 05:53 AM
Jumping Jack Biggest choke job since SBIII
4th February 2008 06:37 AM
LadyJane If he's going to lose, Bill Belichick would rather be elsewhere
By MJD

Sunday, Feb 3, 2008 11:12 pm EST
On more than one occasion this year, Bill Belichick and the Patriots have run up the score on an overmatched opponent, and forced an opposing coach to sit there and watch his beaten team go through the motions while their heineys were being handed to them.

But when the shoe's on the other foot, and Bill Belichick's team has been beaten, he can't sit there and take the pain for a few seconds.

With :01 left on the clock, and his team just having failed on a last chance 4th down effort, Bill Belichick ran onto the field for a quick handshake, and then bolted for the locker room. Belichick's an important guy and everything, but I wasn't aware that the league had given him the authority to decide when games end.

There's time left on the clock, his team's been humbled, outplayed, and lost their chance at history ... and Bill Belichick doesn't have the stomach to sit there and absorb the pain until the clock read 0:00.

That's unsportsmanlike at best, disrespectful at least, and at worst, it makes him a big sissy.

Because Bill Belichick wanted to go hide when he lost, the field ended up being flooded with people, and the officials had to clear the area before the Giants could take their final snap and make it official. When you lose, you take your loss. You don't leave early because it makes you feel sad inside. Your opponent deserves more respect than that.

Anyone remember in 2004 when Randy Moss left the sidelines with two seconds left in a Vikings vs. Redskins game? Moss was selfish, a baby, a quitter, didn't respect his teammates, and didn't respect the game. Belichick just did the same thing, but did it on the biggest possible stage, and did it from the position of a leader of men.

Maybe there's something to be said for the inability to lose well ... most great winners don't lose well, and a sore loser is still a loser.

But still, if you're an adult, you finish out the game, and you give your opponents the stage and the respect they deserve.
4th February 2008 08:54 AM
gimmekeef Hey Bill...Film at 11......
4th February 2008 09:29 AM
Steel Wheels As a die-hard Chicago Bears fan, my first memories of the Patriots are from Super Bowl XX. I've always hated them, and despite their 3 Super Bowl wins, I still think they suck.

4th February 2008 09:38 AM
Some Guy This whole Spygate coverage may have thrown them off.
4th February 2008 10:17 AM
Mr Jurkka Gongrats to GIANTS!!

4th February 2008 10:20 AM
gimmekeef Hey guys..did Brady really refuse to shake Eli's hand?.I missed it but it is being reported...or is it bs?
4th February 2008 11:32 AM
Scottfree Where's GayB?
4th February 2008 02:26 PM
texile that was classic.....
i like sirmoonie's line best:
'the patriot's got their asterix kicked....'

that was some serious karma.....
4th February 2008 03:05 PM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

That's what my little friends and myself running around Downtown Kansas City dressed in sparkling and shiny new cocktail dresses , high Heels and stick ball bats rammed , RAMMED up our pooholes in the late 1970's whilst playing soccer in the alleyways and exchanging grins & non- committal leers used to call "Postin'!"

You're POSTIN' baby!

The Fiji - As seen on the reality show "That's Postin'!", 10:00 PM CDT Sundays.

My Stonesian & Brothers and Sisters ............

...with that visual I just barfed .
4th February 2008 03:33 PM
Lil Brian What a terrific game! It really was Super this time.
4th February 2008 03:48 PM
texile
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
If he's going to lose, Bill Belichick would rather be elsewhere
By MJD

Sunday, Feb 3, 2008 11:12 pm EST
On more than one occasion this year, Bill Belichick and the Patriots have run up the score on an overmatched opponent, and forced an opposing coach to sit there and watch his beaten team go through the motions while their heineys were being handed to them.

But when the shoe's on the other foot, and Bill Belichick's team has been beaten, he can't sit there and take the pain for a few seconds.

With :01 left on the clock, and his team just having failed on a last chance 4th down effort, Bill Belichick ran onto the field for a quick handshake, and then bolted for the locker room. Belichick's an important guy and everything, but I wasn't aware that the league had given him the authority to decide when games end.

There's time left on the clock, his team's been humbled, outplayed, and lost their chance at history ... and Bill Belichick doesn't have the stomach to sit there and absorb the pain until the clock read 0:00.

That's unsportsmanlike at best, disrespectful at least, and at worst, it makes him a big sissy.

Because Bill Belichick wanted to go hide when he lost, the field ended up being flooded with people, and the officials had to clear the area before the Giants could take their final snap and make it official. When you lose, you take your loss. You don't leave early because it makes you feel sad inside. Your opponent deserves more respect than that.

Anyone remember in 2004 when Randy Moss left the sidelines with two seconds left in a Vikings vs. Redskins game? Moss was selfish, a baby, a quitter, didn't respect his teammates, and didn't respect the game. Belichick just did the same thing, but did it on the biggest possible stage, and did it from the position of a leader of men.

Maybe there's something to be said for the inability to lose well ... most great winners don't lose well, and a sore loser is still a loser.

But still, if you're an adult, you finish out the game, and you give your opponents the stage and the respect they deserve.

the game was over, but
it's all about class....or lack thereof...

come to think of it,
did brady even shake hands with manning?
that's just being a good sport...
and i didn't see it...

the pats winning season will be overshadowed by the giants pulling the biggest upset....
i love it.
4th February 2008 03:50 PM
Some Guy Yes, sadly they were relegated to flambouyantly faggoty sidekick status.
4th February 2008 03:58 PM
mojoman there are reports that tom brady was not able to perform with gisele last night
4th February 2008 04:06 PM
Some Guy
4th February 2008 04:10 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
mojoman wrote:
there are reports that tom brady was not able to perform with gisele last night

Yes but Eli filled in admirably we're told....Tom was busy pullin his ass out of his helmet
4th February 2008 04:13 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
mojoman wrote:
there are reports that tom brady was not able to perform with gisele last night

Yeah, she told me that, too.
4th February 2008 04:20 PM
mojoman
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

dvd from bill bellicose's collection?
4th February 2008 05:01 PM
Ten Thousand Motels well it seems to me that New England doesn't hold a monopoly on bad sportmanship.

I don't give a fuck anyway. As it happened I didn't have any money on this game. SO I didn't lose anything. That's the important thing.
4th February 2008 11:20 PM
glencar
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
And to think that this past week they copyrighted the phrase "19-0. Perfect Season."

Tee hee.

Timing is everything.
4th February 2008 11:20 PM
glencar
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
well it seems to me that New England doesn't hold a monopoly on bad sportmanship.

I don't give a fuck anyway. As it happened I didn't have any money on this game. SO I didn't lose anything. That's the important thing.

Talk about a poor sport! I made $5000.
4th February 2008 11:39 PM
Sioux "On any given day...." Well, last night was that "given day". I'm so glad the Giants won! {Especially since they beat the Packers in the playoffs, and it always vindicates your team if they go on to win it all}.
5th February 2008 05:32 AM
corgi37 I watched the last 35 seconds. Took over half a fucking hour! What is up with you Yanks???
5th February 2008 07:19 AM
Sioux
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I watched the last 35 seconds. Took over half a fucking hour! What is up with you Yanks???

Hehe...that's American football..
5th February 2008 03:51 PM
Joey

< ---- Is anybody here on this thread weeding ?!

Weedy Cakes !
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)