ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Sun Bowl, El Paso, TX - 20th October 2006
© El Paso Times with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Withnail & I (ssc) Return to archive
31st January 2008 10:58 PM
stonedinaustralia I presume many of you would have seen it

What's your favourite line/scene??

I like this epitaph for the sixties by Danny the Drug Dealer with a nice stonesian reference to close

"If you are holding onto a rising balloon you are presented with a difficult political decision - let go while you've still got the chance or hold onto the rope and continue getting higher. That's politics man. We are at the end of an age. The greatest decade in the history of mankind is nearly over. They're selling hippy wigs in Woolworths.

It is 91 days to the end of the decade and as Presuming Ed here has so consistently pointed out, we have failed to Paint it Black."
31st January 2008 11:05 PM
Joey
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
I presume many of you would have seen it

What's your favourite line/scene??

I like this epitaph for the sixties by Danny the Drug Dealer with a nice stonesian reference to close

"If you are holding onto a rising balloon you are presented with a difficult political decision - let go while you've still got the chance or hold onto the rope and continue getting higher. That's politics man. We are at the end of an age. The greatest decade in the history of mankind is nearly over. They're selling hippy wigs in Woolworths.

It is 91 days to the end of the decade and as Presuming Ed here has so consistently pointed out, we have failed to Paint it Black."

Hello S.I.A .

What we drinkin' this evening ?!

Weeding ?!

H.R. PUFFIN Kins !
31st January 2008 11:10 PM
stonedinaustralia Hey Joey - it is 2.30 p.m. Friday as i type and tonight it is beer, weed and BBQ for SIA!!

have been enjoying an Italian brew of late the Peroni Nastro Azzurro - a very tasty beverage!!

and You??
1st February 2008 01:20 PM
nanatod
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
I presume many of you would have seen it

The only thing gayer than the movie "Withnail & I" are the Joey threads on this message board.
1st February 2008 01:55 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
nanatod wrote:

The only thing gayer than the movie "Withnail & I" are the Joey threads on this message board.

And this, but nothing else.

Photobucket
1st February 2008 11:43 PM
MrPleasant "I demand to have some booze".
2nd February 2008 02:53 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
"I demand to have some booze".

one of my favourites

nantod i know what you mean - nevertheless, gay or not, a greater homage to the art of boozing is hard to find
2nd February 2008 07:58 AM
Nasty Habits "We want the finest wines available to humanity."

"You are incapable of indulging in anything but pleasure."

and, of course,

GETINTHEBACKOFTHEVAN!

2nd February 2008 11:33 AM
GotToRollMe "I think you should strangle it quickly before it starts trying to make friends with us."

"These aren't accidents! They're THROWING themselves into the road gladly! THROWING themselves into the road to escape all this hideousness! Throw yourself into the road, darling! You haven't got a chance!"

Great cast too. Richard Grant is tremendous in the role of Withnail.
2nd February 2008 12:14 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

a greater homage to the art of boozing is hard to find

Photobucket
2nd February 2008 07:41 PM
BONOISLOVE "There is, you'll agree, a certain 'je ne sais quoi' oh, so very special about a firm, young carrot."
2nd February 2008 09:28 PM
Sir Stonesalot "a greater homage to the art of boozing is hard to find"

Uhhhhh.....you best check out "Barfly". Best boozer movie ever. That movie is so booze soaked that I got a hangover just from watching it!

3rd February 2008 12:45 PM
Joey
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
That movie is so booze soaked that I got a hangover just from watching it!

Christ , that is postin' on loan from GOD right there .
4th February 2008 11:35 PM
andrews27 I liked "Withnail" in the 80s, but I think 24-Hour Party People is the *real* "Withnail."

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)