ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Sun Bowl, El Paso, TX - 20th October 2006
© El Paso Times with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tiger Woods appreciation thread Return to archive
30th January 2008 02:32 PM
Lil Brian Can you say Grand Slam? We could be looking at history this time around. For him... Augusta, Birkdale, Torrey Pines, and Oakland Hills. It's only 4 tournaments. Tiger!!
30th January 2008 03:33 PM
glencar My fave Thai-American golfer!
30th January 2008 03:35 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
glencar wrote:
My fave Thai-American golfer!

Ever?
30th January 2008 03:38 PM
glencar EVER!
30th January 2008 03:55 PM
Gazza
quote:
Lil Brian wrote:
Can you say Grand Slam? We could be looking at history this time around. For him... Augusta, Birkdale, Torrey Pines, and Oakland Hills. It's only 4 tournaments. Tiger!!

Yep. Good job for him the Ryder Cup doesnt count as a major, though......
30th January 2008 03:58 PM
glencar Isn't it the Masters, US & Brit Opens & the PGA?
30th January 2008 04:18 PM
Lil Brian
quote:
Gazza wrote: Yep. Good job for him the Ryder Cup doesnt count as a major, though......

The Ryder Cup is all about the team, and that's something the Americans seem to know nothing about.
30th January 2008 04:22 PM
glencar blogga please!
30th January 2008 04:33 PM
Lil Brian I wonder what the odds are in Vegas right now on Tiger winning it all. I'm tempted to fire on him. Dude can play some golf!
30th January 2008 05:45 PM
fireontheplatter can't stand tigar woods

i like phil mickelson myself.

and no joey...not in that way

30th January 2008 06:27 PM
Lil Brian Mickelson is loaded with talent too, much like our Joey.
30th January 2008 07:15 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Isn't it the Masters, US & Brit Opens & the PGA?

Yes.
30th January 2008 07:18 PM
Gazza
quote:
Lil Brian wrote:

The Ryder Cup is all about the team, and that's something the Americans seem to know nothing about.

Which I find a bit strange, as you're a patriotic lot whereas our players are representing a 'nation' that doesnt actually exist.

Its the only time I know when I personally get any sense of being 'European'...
30th January 2008 07:51 PM
Lil Brian I think it comes down to most of them being (imo) ridiculously overpaid on the US PGA tour (say thank you Tiger) and Ryder Cups don't pay prize money. They're really not that interested unless it includes piles of benjamins but Tiger might be the exception. I honestly believe he plays for history. I wouldn't want to play him!
30th January 2008 07:59 PM
robpop I quit golfing. I got worse as I went on. But, I did have a hole in one, kind of. After playing golf and drinking for hours I hit a tee shot off a par three than went about two feet. My second shot went right at the green. Getting close to dark we did not see where it hit. After several minutes looking for the ball my friend reached into the cup and pulled out my ball.
30th January 2008 08:39 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
robpop wrote:
I quit golfing. I got worse as I went on. But, I did have a hole in one, kind of. After playing golf and drinking for hours I hit a tee shot off a par three than went about two feet. My second shot went right at the green. Getting close to dark we did not see where it hit. After several minutes looking for the ball my friend reached into the cup and pulled out my ball.

No kidding, I had the same deal on acid. I was tripping and hit a 60 yard wedge uphill onto the green. Got up to the green and spent what seemed like hours walking around in circles trying to find the ball, and forgetting everywhere I looked seconds later. Then it dawned on my buddy - similarly tweaked - to look in the hole. There she lay. Shades of Ellis.
30th January 2008 09:05 PM
robpop
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

No kidding, I had the same deal on acid. I was tripping and hit a 60 yard wedge uphill onto the green. Got up to the green and spent what seemed like hours walking around in circles trying to find the ball, and forgetting everywhere I looked seconds later. Then it dawned on my buddy - similarly tweaked - to look in the hole. There she lay. Shades of Ellis.

Nope, no kidding. Hell, they even got pissed at us when we fired up a bowl in the clubhouse to celebrate my triumph. Like WTF I should have won the Cadillac floating on the water hazzard. Tiger would have nver made the shot I did after drinking as much as I did.
30th January 2008 09:13 PM
fireontheplatter i tried golfing once. the 1st hole was a par 4, after 56 shots i finally got it into the hole. i was like, fuck this shit...i went for beers and took up rock climbing instead.

true story

everybody say ow
30th January 2008 09:15 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
robpop wrote:

Tiger would have nver made the shot I did after drinking as much as I did.

The drunken short iron is the biggest weakness in his game.
30th January 2008 09:16 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Lil Brian wrote:
I think it comes down to most of them being (imo) ridiculously overpaid on the US PGA tour (say thank you Tiger) and Ryder Cups don't pay prize money. They're really not that interested unless it includes piles of benjamins but Tiger might be the exception. I honestly believe he plays for history. I wouldn't want to play him!

i have heard they pay tiger gross amounts of loot just to show up.
30th January 2008 09:33 PM
robpop
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

i have heard they pay tiger gross amounts of loot just to show up.

No, you are wrong. They pay me a ton to keep away, so I don't challenge Tiger to a drunken iron shot competition.
30th January 2008 09:45 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
i tried golfing once. the 1st hole was a par 4, after 56 shots i finally got it into the hole. i was like, fuck this shit...i went for beers and took up rock climbing instead.

true story

everybody say ow

Almost sounds like John Candy, from Sripes.
4th February 2008 02:46 PM
Lil Brian The man's a menace! This time, 31 on the back 9 to win at Dubai. How do you fly 20 hrs, adjust to the time change, play the pro-am, check in on your first course design, and still win? We're definitely looking at one of the greatest athletes of all time here. Even if you don't follow golf, you owe it to yourself to watch this guy. We won't see another one like him in our lifetime.
4th February 2008 03:30 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Lil Brian wrote:
Can you say Grand Slam? We could be looking at history this time around. For him... Augusta, Birkdale, Torrey Pines, and Oakland Hills. It's only 4 tournaments. Tiger!!

Please see Patriots pooped thread as a word of caution....
4th February 2008 03:31 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Its the only time I know when I personally get any sense of being 'European'...

lol..as opposed to being just an asshole?....(tongue in cheek)
4th February 2008 03:53 PM
Jumping Jack The golf tournament was better than the Superbowl yesterday.

I wonder why Tiger goes so far out of his way for that tournament? Is it the $2M appearance fee? Is it the $28M design fee for his course? More likely it is the 10% commission he gets on all the golf villas around the course that sell for $4-5M each.

I might fly 20 hours for that deal as well. I wonder why gas is $3 a gallon and oil is $100 barrel. At least one American is getting a little bit back. Glad he can afford to fill up his Buick.
4th February 2008 04:04 PM
Lil Brian
quote:
gimmekeef wrote: Please see Patriots pooped thread as a word of caution....

I suppose everyone has the potential to "poop themselves" but he'd be the last one I seeing doing it. Not saying it's impossible, but he's got the heart of lion (or tiger).
4th February 2008 04:08 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Lil Brian wrote:

I suppose everyone has the potential to "poop themselves"

Speak for yourself there Lil Brian.lol...but I agree hes got a helluva shot at it
7th February 2008 11:27 AM
Lil Brian Tiger update: He's currently bet $100 to make $1200 to win the Grand Slam this calendar year. I'm in!

Mickelson at Pebble this week is bet $100 to collect only $225. There's a favorite for you. I'm staying clear of Philly though. I never have trusted him.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)