ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Sun Bowl, El Paso, TX - 20th October 2006
© El Paso Times with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Who likes rockabilly? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
26th January 2008 02:25 PM
gypsy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I wasn't talking to you BSS. I was talking to Gypsy.

And to REALLY piss you off...

We just got a crash. Air Evac for 4. 1 DRT(Dead Right There).

So that's 4 dead now, and I highly doubt that 2 of the 4 we flew are gonna make it. That, my dear, is the wrong kind of six pack for me....

Fuck me. I think I'll stop for a pint of Jack Daniels on the way home.

Pardon my black sense of humor. In this line of work, that is one of our main defense systems. It's either laugh or cry. If I cry, I'd probably never stop. So laugh it is...
[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]

I hear ya, babe. We need some kind of support group. If your significant other isn't in the healthcare field, it's hard for them to understand your feelings.
Whenever I travelled, I had no one to come home to and talk to. It's tough to keep it all bottled in. Plus, you can't help but think about your own loved ones. We deserve more money, that's for sure.
26th January 2008 02:31 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
padre wrote:
A stupid question: how can you attach these Youtube clips straight to posts?

Hey we all have to learn.. To the right of the video in the info area, there is a box labeled "embed." Just copy that box and paste to your post..
26th January 2008 03:37 PM
padre
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Hey we all have to learn.. To the right of the video in the info area, there is a box labeled "embed." Just copy that box and paste to your post..

Awright, let's try. So here's our rockabilly combo doing Doors and the guy with the moves:
26th January 2008 03:44 PM
PartyDoll MEG Good Stuff, padre!!
26th January 2008 04:27 PM
gypsy
quote:
padre wrote:

Awright, let's try. So here's our rockabilly combo doing Doors and the guy with the moves:

Feej?
26th January 2008 04:53 PM
Joey " I had no one to come home to and talk to. "

< ---- Come to Joey

That's right Lil' Fella ( Lil' Fiji )

'kins

26th January 2008 07:03 PM
Slavegirl Out here in so cal, the whole idea of rockabilly is a little different. Its a lifestyle for people out here, with the custom car culture, pin up modeling, the tattoos, the style of dress...sometimes it seems like the music is the least of their concerns which is a little sad. Rockabilly is pretty big out here in Long Beach, and its even more popular in the Inland Empire, where the mexicans kinda took it over. I like the music and the style, but its sad that its turned into such a scene.
26th January 2008 11:30 PM
Sioux That's interesting....I lived in Anaheim from '59-'63 and Dad worked in Long Beach. That influence hadn't hit big out there back then. A lifestyle, eh? I think the music should be the most important thing...
27th January 2008 01:07 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
How can you have a Rockabilly thread on PAGE TWO and have had NO MENTION of HASIL ADKINS???? For shame.

You speakth the truth SS-ster, nice to see you back amigo

the greatest rockabilly cover ladies and hunches The Cramps ~

I'm the garbage man

27th January 2008 04:49 AM
Slavegirl Oh God yes I love the Cramps!!!!!
27th January 2008 03:10 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Slavegirl wrote:
Oh God yes I love the Cramps!!!!!

ever seen them live?
27th January 2008 03:22 PM
Slavegirl
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

ever seen them live?

Yes, I have! Caught them at the House of Blues two Novembers ago and to this day it is one of my favorite shows I've ever seen. They did all of their classics plus some bitchin 60s garage covers...I was in heaven =)
27th January 2008 04:44 PM
Sioux
quote:
Sioux wrote:

Shoot, you are so right. I'm embarrassed *blush*. Now, who in the world am I thinking of? He died in the last few years....maybe it was a surf guitarist. My mind is drawing a blank right now...

Link Wray. That's who died in 2005. I think my mind is shot...
27th January 2008 05:01 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Slavegirl wrote:

Yes, I have! Caught them at the House of Blues two Novembers ago and to this day it is one of my favorite shows I've ever seen. They did all of their classics plus some bitchin 60s garage covers...I was in heaven =)

Kick ass!

I saw them once a long time ago, all I really remember was that lead singer going bezerk on stage, I'd never really seen anything like that before, I've got all their first albums and a few cool picture discs in my old record collection at my folks, I gotta remember to pick those up the next time I'm there
28th January 2008 03:58 AM
Sir Stonesalot Bloozy...you gotta get the Nappa Valley State Mental Hospital gig on DVD. It's hard to tell the band members from the crazies. Chaos...total chaos. It's completely and totally a Rock n Roll moment caught on video. Crappy quality, but essential viewing.

Any time I need a good laugh...I pop that sucker in the 'ol DVD player.
28th January 2008 04:37 AM
Jumacfly Hi guys,

thanks a lot for this fantastic thread, I ve discovered many great songs and artists !

Bless you all my RO pals
29th January 2008 01:58 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Hi guys,

thanks a lot for this fantastic thread, I ve discovered many great songs and artists !

Bless you all my RO pals

29th January 2008 04:31 PM
Rolling1 All this and no

SLEEPY LABEEF

just unreal, the kill of rockabilly!
29th January 2008 04:33 PM
Rolling1 my bad should have read the king of rockabilly
2nd February 2008 01:38 PM
Sioux "Bumping" this thread back to the first page too. Haven't had a chance to view all the videos yet! You guys put a lot of work into this thread...
2nd February 2008 02:51 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Bloozy...you gotta get the Nappa Valley State Mental Hospital gig on DVD. It's hard to tell the band members from the crazies. Chaos...total chaos. It's completely and totally a Rock n Roll moment caught on video. Crappy quality, but essential viewing.

that's a good idea, I think I'll do that

Elvis ~ Little Sister

2nd February 2008 03:00 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

that's a good idea, I think I'll do that

Elvis ~ Little Sister

Coolest hair ever (besides maybe Clint, circa Dirty Harry)! And, don't even get me started on that bitchin shirt.
2nd February 2008 04:32 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Coolest hair ever (besides maybe Clint, circa Dirty Harry)! And, don't even get me started on that bitchin shirt.

it's killer, right

I like the guitarist in the white jumpsuit, all rockabilly badasses wear white jumpsuits
2nd February 2008 09:56 PM
Sioux
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

And that's my favorite Elvis song...besides maybe Heartbreak Hotel. Great rockabilly tune!
2nd February 2008 11:01 PM
somebody
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Bloozy...you gotta get the Nappa Valley State Mental Hospital gig on DVD. It's hard to tell the band members from the crazies. Chaos...total chaos. It's completely and totally a Rock n Roll moment caught on video. Crappy quality, but essential viewing.

you are talking THE CRAMPS.
lux interior fell on top of me at the 930 club in 1992
and I'LLL NEVER FORGET his sweaty body! why? cuz I lost my shoes that night and it was a cold fkg night to lose ones shoes! and coat btw

its a sad commentary that all we have from the 80's punk blitz is the like of this.... living on the fkg street

the one screaming is "poison ivy"

I was living on the street then... a long ways I have come..

[Edited by somebody]
Page: 1 2 3

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)