ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Sun Bowl, El Paso, TX - 20th October 2006
© El Paso Times with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Super Bowl XLII (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
4th February 2008 08:28 PM
robpop Yeah, I know it sucks. It was a great run though. One of the best ever. What the Patriots have been able to do in this decade is incredible.

I think the Pats would have fared better if they had Dallas or Green Bay. There is nothing more dangerous in pro sports than playing a team in the championship that was not supposed to be there.
4th February 2008 08:34 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
The more the day goes on, the more the loss is easier to accept.

Guess the Globe refunded your '19-0: The Historic Championship Season of New England's Unbeatable Patriots' money, eh, Nellie?

But seriously, Pats had a hella year and there's no reason to think they won't reload for another run next year - and the year after that...

4th February 2008 08:39 PM
Nellcote Hey Leftie, they all caught the pre-sale hype this year, I saw the Post had that one on the same lines too....Nothing is sacred anymore. Even the Boston tee shirt maker, who made thousands of 19-0 shirts on spec will donate them to 3rd world countries, so look out Botswana, you are about to get new clothes!
4th February 2008 08:49 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
robpop wrote:
Yeah, I know it sucks. It was a great run though. One of the best ever. What the Patriots have been able to do in this decade is incredible.

I think the Pats would have fared better if they had Dallas or Green Bay. There is nothing more dangerous in pro sports than playing a team in the championship that was not supposed to be there.

Photobucket
4th February 2008 09:00 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Hey Leftie, they all caught the pre-sale hype this year, I saw the Post had that one on the same lines too....Nothing is sacred anymore. Even the Boston tee shirt maker, who made thousands of 19-0 shirts on spec will donate them to 3rd world countries, so look out Botswana, you are about to get new clothes!

Nelly was thinking of you and a few buddies of mine.Not bandwagon guys long term Pats fans. Hang in there great year..I can only imagine if the Steelers had it happen to them..Id be over the edge....Only 85 days or so until the draft..and we start over again!
4th February 2008 09:13 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle Can you make that picture just a tad grainier, TBS?

I can almost make out that little guy from 'The Green Mile'...
4th February 2008 09:14 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
robpop wrote:

There is nothing more dangerous in pro sports than playing a team in the championship that was not supposed to be there.

Especially when they come in smoking. The 2007 Giants were much like the 2005 Steelers, far from the best team in the league, but about as hot as any team can be. And the Pats were tired and cycling downward week after week. As fun as it must be going 18-0, I'll bet its exhausting too.
4th February 2008 09:26 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
Can you make that picture just a tad grainier, TBS?

I can almost make out that little guy from 'The Green Mile'...

Well, I did not take it--I guess they were not using digital back then. But you like how I worked it on all angles and then brought around again to The Great Sir Doug Williams presenting MVP.

Photobucket
4th February 2008 09:28 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
Can you make that picture just a tad grainier, TBS?

And while were at it..put a shirt on the skinny fuck in the first row..Bucs special teamer?
4th February 2008 09:36 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
And while were at it..put a shirt on the skinny fuck in the first row..Bucs special teamer?

Harry Blackstone's "assistant".
4th February 2008 09:51 PM
robpop Did anybody hear anything from Tiki Barber? Hats off to the Giants management for sticking with their coach. Changing coaches every few years is not the answer.
4th February 2008 09:54 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
robpop wrote:
Changing coaches every few years is not the answer.

Al Davis says you're an idiot.
4th February 2008 10:01 PM
robpop
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Al Davis says you're an idiot.

He should be committed, and not to excellence.
4th February 2008 10:04 PM
Throwaway

IMO, yesterdays is neck and neck with this SB for the greatest ever..in my lifetime that is
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)