ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Sun Bowl, El Paso, TX - 20th October 2006
© El Paso Times with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Super Bowl XLII (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
3rd February 2008 10:32 PM
PartyDoll MEG It was a stay on the couch game..

All you could ask for on Super Bowl Sunday!

The Giants and Eli deserved the win.

I still wish I could comfort the Stetson boy!!

Nelly, it was a GREAT year with even more of them to come
3rd February 2008 10:32 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle Can't knock the Pats.

They went down swingin'...
3rd February 2008 10:33 PM
robpop
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Yeah, I feel bad for Nellie too. I been there.

Great fucking game though. And Pats still had best season I've ever seen.

Yeah, been there also, but when we lost the big one, I had the final of the 100 dollar poll. Had plenty of drinking cash to ease the pain. I won the third quarter tonight for a grand.

Its time to get ready for next season. Its Nation Time.
3rd February 2008 10:41 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
robpop wrote:
Its time to get ready for next season. Its Nation Time.

Big Ben'll be ready.

You know he ain't going to Hollywood.
3rd February 2008 10:45 PM
sirmoonie Look what happens when you put the knocks on Brady - great job by the Giants in figuring out how to get by the incredible Pats' O-Line.
3rd February 2008 10:51 PM
robpop Chuck Noll would have never walked off the field, no matter how pissed he was. He would have bitch slapped just like he did to Jerry Glanvlle.
3rd February 2008 10:54 PM
wasted
quote:
wasted wrote:
No question in my mind, it is going to be the Giants. The Giants are going to win. It is going to be huge. They will shock the world. The Giants will upset the Pats on Super Sunday. Eli will be a king for a day. it is going to be a surprise.

The "predict the Super Bowl thread" seems to have went poof much like the Pats perfect season. A shame because there was a lot of good predictions in the thread mainly from this poster. Just thought I would give you a little taste of what those predictions were like as this is the one post in this thread. Believe me there was better stuff, as far as the prediction stuff, in the other thread which has suddenly been deleted. Oh well, I just guess the Pat quest for a perfect season Is All Over.

While I was probably the only one, who posted here, who was actually certain. By tomorrow, there will be dozens. Such is the ways of human nature.

[Edited by wasted]
3rd February 2008 10:54 PM
sirmoonie Belicheck's move has to be one of the gayest in Supe history. What is the guy's problem? Does he post here?
3rd February 2008 10:55 PM
robpop
quote:
wasted wrote:

The "predict the Super Bowl thread" seems to have went poof much like the Pats perfect season. A shame because there was a lot of good predictions in the thread mainly from this poster. Just thought I would give you a little taste of what those predictions were like as this is the one post in this thread. Believe me there was better stuff, as far as the prediction stuff, in the other thread which has suddenly been deleted. Oh well, I just guess the Pat quest for a perfect season Is All Over.

Was I probably the only one who posted who was actually certain. By tomorrow, there will be dozens such is the ways of human nature.

Nigga please. You were sweating it out.
3rd February 2008 10:55 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
wasted wrote:

Was I probably the only one who posted who was actually certain. By tomorrow, there will be dozens such is the ways of human nature.

I saw it. You are god, man. A man-god.
3rd February 2008 10:58 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Belicheck's move has to be one of the gayest in Supe history. What is the guy's problem? Does he post here?

Maybe he just had to urinate.
3rd February 2008 11:19 PM
SweetVirginia hell, yeah!

3rd February 2008 11:27 PM
Kilroy Great Game
4th February 2008 12:13 AM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
wasted wrote:
While I was probably the only one, who posted here, who was actually certain. By tomorrow, there will be dozens. Such is the ways of human nature.

Too busy quoting your own posts to check any others in this thread?

Riffy called it two weeks ago.

And, uh, I had the Giants by a FG, too. (27-24)

Tosser.
4th February 2008 12:19 AM
Sioux
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Belicheck's move has to be one of the gayest in Supe history. What is the guy's problem? Does he post here?

He's a jerk. That was his way of saying, "I'LL say when this game is over. You guys didn't beat us. You didn't win. We conceded." Jerk.
4th February 2008 12:29 AM
Brainbell Jangler Absolutely brilliant finish! Eli slipping out of a near-certain sack
and threading the needle with that final touchdown pass was as fine a Super Bowl moment as I've seen. Big brother looked mighty proud.
4th February 2008 12:53 AM
wasted
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Too busy quoting your own posts to check any others in this thread?

Riffy called it two weeks ago.

And, uh, I had the Giants by a FG, too. (27-24)

Tosser.

To be honest with you I hadn't really read anything in this thread. I was mainly posting in the other thread which someone thought fit to delete. I had just the one post which was followed by somthing like this "Man you are "wasted"....can I get some of your drugs?.."

Congrats to be both you and Riffy. We had this one nailed. You had it by a field goal, Riffy talked about the pressure Brady was about to face and I, too, thought it was going to be Giants with a near 100 percent certainty. Glad to know I wasn't alone. Now you should have seen some of my predictions in other thread......Oh well on to this next one
4th February 2008 01:02 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
Absolutely brilliant finish! Eli slipping out of a near-certain sack
and threading the needle with that final touchdown pass was as fine a Super Bowl moment as I've seen. Big brother looked mighty proud.

All the sudden he becomes good when they played Tampa. Damn, I knew them Bucs could have won this thing...

Proof..........

Photobucket
4th February 2008 07:40 AM
Nellcote Congrats to the Giants.
They made the plays when they needed to be made.
It was a memorable season.
4th February 2008 08:00 AM
Some Guy I guess the 72 Dolphins popped the champagne.
4th February 2008 05:52 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I guess the 72 Dolphins popped the champagne.

No doubt it went well with their Early Bird specials...
4th February 2008 06:09 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle Here's one for the yinzers...

4th February 2008 06:48 PM
robpop
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
Here's one for the yinzers...

Nice! I feel better now knowing that you were right, he's not ready for Hollywood.
4th February 2008 07:00 PM
Throwaway I thought that BR Idol commercial was pretty good. But not as good as Charles Barkley's!
4th February 2008 07:03 PM
mojoman
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I guess the 72 Dolphins popped the champagne.

and the flomax
4th February 2008 07:05 PM
gimmekeef Two biggest Superbowl shockers...Jets beat Colts..Giants beat Pats...NYC?...Mob related????..Check the bookies
4th February 2008 07:16 PM
robpop
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

He was the big hit on ESPN radio today. I don't hate the Patriots, just him. I'm glad he showed his ass to the biggest television of the year.

I do hate the Red Sox, though.
4th February 2008 07:47 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Mob related????

Absolutely!

A mob of Giants defenders knocked Brady on his ass all night long.
4th February 2008 07:49 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Absolutely!

A mob of Giants defenders knocked Brady on his ass all night long.

LOL..and it couldnt have happened to a better rat!
4th February 2008 08:23 PM
Nellcote The more the day goes on, the more the loss is easier to accept.

The Giants did what no team had done all year, they applied quick, constant pressure against Brady.
No other team took away his pocket presence like the Giants.
Not any of the six playoff teams we beat this year.
Giants played a terrific game.
I thought for sure when Coughin punted on 4th & 1, with under 10 min left, he was crazy, giving the ball back to the best offense in the NFL. I was wrong.
To think, in that last drive of the Giants, we had four plays to stop them to win it all. Two minutes away.
Manning got out of a sack, Samuel almost had a pick.
One second the Pats way, in any of those plays, all of you would hate the Pats even more than you do now.

Ask yourself, unless you are a Giants fan, did your team make the Super Bowl? Some teams, players NEVER make the Super Bowl.
Did your team win three Super Bowls this century?

Since 2001, this is the 3rd 4th quarter loss the Pats have endured, and two of them were in the playoffs.
Can your team say that?

We had a terrific year.
Pats beat all teams which came forward, unheard of in the salary cap era.
Has your team done that in the last 35 years?
We have a low, top ten draft pick, a QB who is in his prime for another five years.
We are deep in talent.
We are 20 mil under the salary cap.
And, if you think all of the pansy press about Coach B not finishing the game, Spygate, Arlen Spector, and any other media inventions are going to deter Coach B from going out and improving this team even more than this year, you do not know football.

Now, The Giants finally did what no other team could do all year. Congrats to them. It was probably one of the better Super Bowls in recent times.

Now, attention will turn to the Celtics, The Red Sox.
Yeah, it stinks to live in New England.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)