ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Sun Bowl, El Paso, TX - 20th October 2006
© El Paso Times with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Super Bowl XLII (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
22nd January 2008 11:26 PM
Riffhard
quote:
robpop wrote:

Good luck..I'll be pulling for you guys.

It should be a great game either way. I'm not really even a Giants fan. I've lived in Jersey for 12 years now so they've kinda grown on me. This year in particular.

Plus given the fact that I'm an Atlanta boy it's kinda hard to root for the Falcons due to recent events concerning a certain dog killer that used to be their quarterback.

Thanks for the well wishes though. I'd love to see the Giants stun the Pats for sure. If for no other reason than to see the look on Belichick's face! He feels more entitled than Hillary fucking Clinton! That's saying something!

Riffy
[Edited by Riffhard]
22nd January 2008 11:59 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:
I felt in my bones that if we got past the Gints we were going to the show.

"If ifs and buts were beer and nuts, we'd have a helluva party!" - Charles Barkley

24th January 2008 11:07 PM
robpop Bill Belichick's schtick is all ready annoying.
24th January 2008 11:17 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
robpop wrote:
Bill Belichick's schtick is all ready annoying.

I swear to God I think Cris Collingsworth has the best hair in football. A Dirty Harry era Clint if you will. I only wish I could have found a pic that does it justice.
24th January 2008 11:21 PM
robpop A balding Jerry Rice at the end of his career with the corn rows. That was some funny shit.
24th January 2008 11:24 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

"If ifs and buts were beer and nuts, we'd have a helluva party!" - Charles Barkley

Real Funny, I'm the dude in the bear mask holding up the beer bong before we got our asses kicked. Not my fault the old man could not hold his mud..

If my aunt had a cock she'd be my uncle.

Photobucket

24th January 2008 11:29 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
robpop wrote:
A balding Jerry Rice at the end of his career with the corn rows. That was some funny shit.

Not to get off football, but if you remember AC Green was the last man standing with two different hairstyles....Jery Curl & The high Fade (that one might have been Patrick Ewing).
25th January 2008 11:13 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
robpop wrote:
Bill Belichick's schtick is all ready annoying.

I wish people wouldn't dis the Pats. It hurts my feelings.
25th January 2008 05:46 PM
Some Guy FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) - For the second consecutive day, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady wasn't in the locker room or at practice when reporters and cameramen were allowed inside Friday.

During the 45-minute period in the locker room, several cameramen lingered near his locker, but he didn't show up. Nor was he there for the first 12 minutes of practice that the media were allowed to watch.

Asked if he could say whether Brady would practice Friday, New England coach Bill Belichick said, "Not now. We'll see."

Brady was photographed in New York on Monday wearing a protective boot on his right foot. He took it off later in the day and hasn't been photographed wearing it since. He reportedly has a minor high ankle sprain that isn't expected to keep him out of the Super Bowl against the New York Giants on Feb. 3.

Brady wasn't seen during the first 15 minutes of Thursday's workout to which media were admitted, nor in the locker room.

As Belichick was asked Friday to compare the current trip to the Super Bowl to the other three the team has played in, vice president of media relations Stacey James said, "Final question."

One reporter tried to squeeze in another, asking if Belichick could say what Brady did or didn't do on Thursday, the Patriots' first day of practice after a three-day break.

"Was that the last question?" Belichick said with a smile, turning toward James.

"That was the last question," James replied.

With that, Belichick walked from the podium and out of the room.
25th January 2008 07:10 PM
robpop
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

I wish people wouldn't dis the Pats. It hurts my feelings.

Am I buggin ya? Sorry didn't mean to bug ya.
25th January 2008 10:13 PM
robpop Memories. This game had it all.

25th January 2008 10:19 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
robpop wrote:
Memories. This game had it all.

Still mind blowing how it all came together for America, for the world, for god. The perfect fuck storm. The Day of The Nation.

25th January 2008 10:35 PM
robpop
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Still mind blowing how it all came together for America, for the world, for god. The perfect fuck storm. The Day of The Nation.

Picked up a case on my way home from work for tomorrow night. I think I am going to open now. Cheers, my brother, Cheers!

25th January 2008 11:20 PM
Nellcote No more Mr. Tough Guy?

Former Dolphins coach says he regrets Spygate comments

By Steven Wine, AP Sports Writer | January 25, 2008

MIAMI --Don Shula revisited Spygate on Friday, saying his earlier criticism of the New England Patriots was ill-advised.

"I'm probably not the guy that should have said it," he said.

Shula coached the 1972 Miami Dolphins to the NFL's only perfect season. New England will finish 19-0 if it beats the New York Giants in the Super Bowl.

In November, Shula said the Patriots' success was diminished by the spying scandal that prompted stiff punishment from the NFL early in the season. On Friday, he acknowledged that because the Patriots threaten to match his team's perfect-season achievement, his comments could be interpreted as sour grapes.

"I think a lot of people, when I said it, perceived it as helping yourself," Shula said.

Following the Patriots' season opener, the NFL determined New England used a video camera to spy on opposing coaches and steal signals. Commissioner Roger Goodell fined coach Bill Belichick $500,000 and docked the team $250,000 and a first-round draft pick in 2008.

"As I mentioned, I didn't fine them," Shula said. "I didn't take away the draft choice. I wasn't the one that coined the term `Spygate.' All those things happened, and all I did was refer to them.

"Somebody else probably should have done it instead of me, because people thought it was self-serving when I did it."

Mercury Morris, a 1,000-yard rusher for the 1972 Dolphins, said Spygate doesn't taint the Patriots' accomplishments.

"It was one game. It happened. I don't think their season should be defined out of that mishap," Morris said. "They soon realized they're so good, they didn't have to have that small advantage they tried to get. In hindsight, I'm sure they wish they hadn't done that."

25th January 2008 11:26 PM
Nellcote Pats QB controversy?

1/25/08
Donte' Stallworth Press Conference - 1/25/2008

Q: Are you guys the least bit concerned about Tom Brady and his ankle?

DS: Well, Bill actually brought me in his office earlier this morning and asked me if I wanted to move to quarterback, and we’re going to put in a whole new offense. He wants me to run the option. We brought in the coach from Nebraska, Tom Osborne, so I’ve met with him and we have the option going. Tom’s going to go ahead and let me take the reigns for this game.

http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index.cfm?ac=videonewsdetail&pid=30573&pcid=82&rss=1

Wes Welker has his say...

Q: Donte’ Stallworth said he’s taking over at quarterback and you guys are going to run the option. What are your thoughts about having him play quarterback?

WW: Well, actually, Coach pulled me into the office and told me I was going to be the quarterback, so I don’t know where he’s hearing that from. I think he kind of overheard our conversation, and that’s actually going to be my role.

Q: So now there’s a quarterback controversy?

WW: A little bit.

http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index.cfm?ac=videonewsdetail&pid=30572&pcid=82

Mangenious?

25th January 2008 11:27 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
No more Mr. Tough Guy?

Former Dolphins coach says he regrets Spygate comments

By Steven Wine, AP Sports Writer | January 25, 2008

MIAMI --Don Shula revisited Spygate on Friday, saying his earlier criticism of the New England Patriots was ill-advised.

"I'm probably not the guy that should have said it," he said.

Shula coached the 1972 Miami Dolphins to the NFL's only perfect season. New England will finish 19-0 if it beats the New York Giants in the Super Bowl.

In November, Shula said the Patriots' success was diminished by the spying scandal that prompted stiff punishment from the NFL early in the season. On Friday, he acknowledged that because the Patriots threaten to match his team's perfect-season achievement, his comments could be interpreted as sour grapes.

"I think a lot of people, when I said it, perceived it as helping yourself," Shula said.

Following the Patriots' season opener, the NFL determined New England used a video camera to spy on opposing coaches and steal signals. Commissioner Roger Goodell fined coach Bill Belichick $500,000 and docked the team $250,000 and a first-round draft pick in 2008.

"As I mentioned, I didn't fine them," Shula said. "I didn't take away the draft choice. I wasn't the one that coined the term `Spygate.' All those things happened, and all I did was refer to them.

"Somebody else probably should have done it instead of me, because people thought it was self-serving when I did it."

Mercury Morris, a 1,000-yard rusher for the 1972 Dolphins, said Spygate doesn't taint the Patriots' accomplishments.

"It was one game. It happened. I don't think their season should be defined out of that mishap," Morris said. "They soon realized they're so good, they didn't have to have that small advantage they tried to get. In hindsight, I'm sure they wish they hadn't done that."

Damn, the old man's getting soft, WTF. If you say it, you got to stand buy it, no?
26th January 2008 12:21 PM
Some Guy what's the line now, 6 points?
26th January 2008 01:13 PM
gimmekeef Opened at 14..now sitting at 11...If NY money comes in later this week it might hit 10 or even 9.5.Vegas would likely not want a 10 as there is too high a risk of a tie and therefore no juice to be made.I still think Pats blow em out second time around.Would be interesting if Brady didnt have this extra week for his ankle to heal up.But Pats will take Plax out of the game and Eli implodes....
26th January 2008 01:14 PM
PartyDoll MEG Oh, I hope my Boy will be able to quarterback...

And Moonie and robpop....
nostalgia is a good thing, the Stones were great half-time entertainment!
26th January 2008 01:34 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
But Pats will take Plax out of the game and Eli implodes....

No question that the Pats will key on Burress.
He destroyed Pro Bowl CB Al Harris last week.

WTF was the Packers coach thinking by not double teaming him afer a while?

As for Eli imploding, I think the Giants will try to prevent that from happening with their running game.

They're not likely to win a shootout, so they'll look to
control the clock with Jacobs and Bradshaw.
26th January 2008 02:29 PM
gimmekeef Hope your right Left Shoe...Key is stopping that lil prick Welker...But I dont see it happening
26th January 2008 03:20 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Key is stopping that lil prick Welker...But I dont see it happening

Yeah, Welker caught a ton of balls this year.
All that underneath, over the middle stuff was very effective.

Had a good game against the G's at the Meadowlands, too.

Antonio Pierce needs to get a piece of him early so he hears footsteps for the rest of the game...

26th January 2008 03:36 PM
robpop Welker has had a field day all year. The big gain threats have opened him up all season. Linebacker coverage just is not getting it done.
26th January 2008 09:25 PM
robpop How much longer are we subjected to the Winter X Games?
26th January 2008 09:29 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
robpop wrote:
How much longer are we subjected to the Winter X Games?

What, you got something against guys doing somersaults on snowmobiles?
26th January 2008 09:35 PM
robpop
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

What, you got something against guys doing somersaults on snowmobiles?

Its up there with drinking with deceased drummers.
26th January 2008 09:40 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
robpop wrote:
Its up there with drinking with deceased drummers.

True dat.

But at least you're not subjected to it every week.
27th January 2008 01:03 AM
wasted No question in my mind, it is going to be the Giants. The Giants are going to win. It is going to be huge. They will shock the world. The Giants will upset the Pats on Super Sunday. Eli will be a king for a day. it is going to be a surprise.
27th January 2008 12:19 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
wasted wrote:
No question in my mind, it is going to be the Giants. The Giants are going to win. It is going to be huge. They will shock the world. The Giants will upset the Pats on Super Sunday. Eli will be a king for a day. it is going to be a surprise.

Man you are "wasted"....can I get some of your drugs?..Hope you're right though
27th January 2008 01:38 PM
_Boomy_ Pats will take it.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)