ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Alamy Images with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "For women, nothing's like the smell of men's sweat" Return to archive Page: 1 2
8th February 2007 12:41 PM
Ten Thousand Motels For women, nothing's like the smell of men's sweat By Will Dunham

WASHINGTON, Feb 7 (Reuters Life!) - For women, apparently there's nothing like the smell of a man's sweat.

Researchers at the University of California at Berkeley said women who sniffed a chemical found in male sweat experienced elevated levels of an important hormone, along with higher sexual arousal, faster heart rate and other effects.

They said the study, published this week in the Journal of Neuroscience, represents the first direct evidence that people secrete a scent that influences the hormones of the opposite sex.

The study focused on androstadienone, considered a male chemical signal. Previous research had established that a whiff of it affected women's mood, sexual and physiological arousal and brain activation. Its impact on hormones was less clear.

A derivative of testosterone, it is found in male sweat as well as in saliva and semen. It smells somewhat musky.

"It really tells us that a lot of things can be triggered by smelling sweat," Claire Wyart, who led the study, said in an interview on Wednesday.

The researchers measured levels of the hormone cortisol in the saliva of 48 female undergraduates at Berkeley, average age of about 21, after the women took 20 sniffs from a jar of androstadienone. Cortisol is secreted by the body to help maintain proper arousal and sense of well-being, respond to stress and other functions.

Cortisol levels in the women who smelled androstadienone shot up within roughly 15 minutes and stayed elevated for up to an hour. Consistent with previous research, the women also reported improved mood, higher sexual arousal, and had increased blood pressure, heart rate and breathing.

YEAST

For comparison's sake, women also smelled baking yeast, which did not trigger the same effects.

This was the first time that smelling a specific chemical secreted by people was shown to affect hormonal levels, the researchers said. The women had no skin contact with androstadienone.

The researchers used only heterosexual women in the study out of concern that homosexual women may respond differently to this male chemical.

Wyart said while this marked the first time a specific component of male sweat was demonstrated to influence women's hormones, other components of sweat may do similar things.

The study did not determine whether the increase in cortisol levels triggered mood or arousal changes or whether those changes themselves caused the cortisol elevation.

The researchers also said their findings suggest a better way to stimulate cortisol levels in patients who need it, such as those with Addison's disease. Instead of giving cortisol in pill form, which has side effects such as peptic ulcers, osteoporosis, weight gain and mood disorders, smelling a chemical like androstadienone could be used to affect cortisol levels, they suggested.

8th February 2007 12:43 PM
*ginda Right. Nothing like the smell of potent b.o. wafting through the air to make me come alive. Yuck!
8th February 2007 12:46 PM
mojoman
quote:
*ginda wrote:
Right. Nothing like the smell of potent b.o. wafting through the air to make me come alive. Yuck!

you know you love it
8th February 2007 01:11 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Well....I'd always wondered why professional wrestlers got more "groupies" than rock stars.

8th February 2007 05:50 PM
fireontheplatter they talked about this on my morning news show this morning....
i think i need to stop watching ellen and the news altogether

if a gal gets off on my sweat, well thats her problem.

everybody say ow
8th February 2007 05:59 PM
CraigP To me this is old news. Pretty much.

Doesn't the scent (NOT bad B.O.) from a woman wake us straight men up a bit???Ha? ha?
8th February 2007 06:06 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
CraigP wrote:
To me this is old news. Pretty much.

Doesn't the scent (NOT bad B.O.) from a woman wake us straight men up a bit???Ha? ha?

no..absolutly not, from my standpoint.

curious...by britney spears might be nice tho.
8th February 2007 06:24 PM
CraigP You are right. Cooties.
8th February 2007 06:29 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Does anyone ever work up a sweat due to a hard days work anymore?
8th February 2007 08:48 PM
*ginda
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Does anyone ever work up a sweat due to a hard days work anymore?

I think there might be one or two who work up a sweat trying to avoid work.
8th February 2007 09:32 PM
Trey Krimsin Ah yes, I'm sure that women get fully aroused by the sweat that forms in the armpit or in the ass crack.

Get ready, ladies! I'm raising my hand, because I'm sure!
9th February 2007 12:38 AM
mojoman "I love the smell of napalm in the morning"
9th February 2007 01:41 AM
pdog I've never had a problem with my own aroma...

9th February 2007 08:37 AM
GotToRollMe Personally, I like it. It turns me on. Pheromones, that is, not B.O.
9th February 2007 09:07 AM
Gazza
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Does anyone ever work up a sweat due to a hard days work anymore?

you called?

9th February 2007 11:20 AM
Bitch If I like a man's natural scent, that usually means I want to make love to him. When a man gives off the kind of smell that I find sexy, that's a big turn on! But, if a man wears too much cologne, that's a turn off. So the smells definately have something to do with sexual attraction. Animal magnetism, lol.
9th February 2007 11:34 AM
Joey
quote:
Bitch wrote:
If I like a man's natural scent, that usually means I want to make love to him. When a man gives off the kind of smell that I find sexy, that's a big turn on! But, if a man wears too much cologne, that's a turn off. So the smells definately have something to do with sexual attraction. Animal magnetism, lol.

Thanks Bitch !
9th February 2007 11:52 AM
mojoman
quote:
Gazza wrote:

you called?

schwetty balls?
9th February 2007 02:31 PM
CraigP I only wear cologne to mask the stench of cigarette smoke on my clothes. Perhaps, I should quit or something.
9th February 2007 02:33 PM
lotsajizz I think this is subject to some kind of law of diminishing returns however.
9th February 2007 02:48 PM
Joey

I have had ' anal leakage ' all day .........

....all DAY !

Pritzkee Joe !
9th February 2007 04:22 PM
Trey Krimsin Joey, didn't anyone tell you to avoid those chips with that Olestra shit in it? It does warn on the package "May cause anal leakage".
9th February 2007 04:23 PM
Joey
quote:
Trey Krimsin wrote:
Joey, didn't anyone tell you to avoid those chips with that Olestra shit in it? It does warn on the package "May cause anal leakage".

Forgive your young Joey ........

...............He never studied .
9th February 2007 04:26 PM
gimmekeef The 2007 European Tour...cant start fast enough.....
9th February 2007 05:38 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
pdog wrote:
I've never had a problem with my own aroma...

you are sooo bad...please in future keep this site G
9th February 2007 05:40 PM
glencar I thought chicks dug uniforms?
9th February 2007 11:33 PM
Bruno What does "B.O" mean? I heard it on a Seinfeld episode and now you´re talking about it...
9th February 2007 11:59 PM
Taptrick
Quote: "Researchers at the University of California at Berkeley said women who sniffed a chemical found in male sweat experienced elevated levels of an important hormone, along with higher sexual arousal, faster heart rate and other effects."

This is true. It has also been proven that this is related to a woman's cycle. The study showed that women at ovulation preferred sweaty men with a more rugged and hairy look.

The study also proved that during a woman's period they actually prefer men with a pair of scissors stuck in their forehead and a broomstick up their ass.

Heard that the other week and thought it was funny.

10th February 2007 11:20 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
10th February 2007 02:18 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Bruno wrote:
What does "B.O" mean? I heard it on a Seinfeld episode and now you´re talking about it...

B.O. = Body Odor, Bruno. Not good body odor, either.

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)