ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Alamy Images with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Another priceless gem from rs.com Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
7th February 2007 09:55 AM
Jeep RS.com loves you, Michael Cohl loves you, The Rolling Stones loves you :

7th February 2007 10:05 AM
PartyDoll MEG That's more like it, Jeep!!!
7th February 2007 10:09 AM
egon it's a good way to get rid of old stock!

7th February 2007 11:50 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Jeep wrote:
RS.com loves you, Michael Cohl loves you, The Rolling Stones loves you :

LMAO, good one, Jeep!
9th February 2007 01:05 PM
keefkid rs.com store is a rip off, i have seen some of the exact tee's they are selling for $35 and up at the local Walmart for less than $10...

and that pin is ugly as sin...

lol
9th February 2007 01:38 PM
Angiegirl OMG, the design team over there must get paid either really well or really shitty. But at least they still get the free drugs with each brainstorming session.
9th February 2007 01:54 PM
glencar
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
That Thanksgiving corn pin was HIDEOUS!!!!!!!!!

LJ.

It looked like shit!
10th February 2007 09:28 AM
Gazza
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
OMG, the design team over there must get paid either really well or really shitty. But at least they still get the free drugs with each brainstorming session.

today's classic provides your answer, Angie :

Dear Stones Fans,

The start to the exciting racing season officially kicks off February 18th at the Daytona 500, which means it's time for all of you to say "Start Me Up!" We're proud to introduce Rolling Stones Racing Gear featuring the brand new Checkered Flag Tongue. This is your chance to be driving in your car and find satisfaction (while you run twenty red lights). Pick up the Start Me Up Tee Shirt, the Checkered Flag Tongue baseball cap or the Checkered Flag Tongue Pin (or all three for only $65!) and get your Steel Wheels rolling. All three will be shipping on or around the week of February 26, so pre-order now and get your engines revving. Unlike the racers at Daytona, you won't have to drive 500 Moonlight Miles--you can sit back, relax and wait for your Rolling Stones Racing gear to arrive. We're not certain yet how many of these exclusive items will be made, so if you want one, get your pre-order in now.

Thanks,

Rolling Stones Official Store

I give up. Do these people have no shame left at all?
10th February 2007 09:45 AM
keefkid
quote:
Gazza wrote:

today's classic provides your answer, Angie :

Dear Stones Fans,

The start to the exciting racing season officially kicks off February 18th at the Daytona 500, which means it's time for all of you to say "Start Me Up!" We're proud to introduce Rolling Stones Racing Gear featuring the brand new Checkered Flag Tongue. This is your chance to be driving in your car and find satisfaction (while you run twenty red lights). Pick up the Start Me Up Tee Shirt, the Checkered Flag Tongue baseball cap or the Checkered Flag Tongue Pin (or all three for only $65!) and get your Steel Wheels rolling. All three will be shipping on or around the week of February 26, so pre-order now and get your engines revving. Unlike the racers at Daytona, you won't have to drive 500 Moonlight Miles--you can sit back, relax and wait for your Rolling Stones Racing gear to arrive. We're not certain yet how many of these exclusive items will be made, so if you want one, get your pre-order in now.

Thanks,

Rolling Stones Official Store

I give up. Do these people have no shame left at all?

nope... none

and the sad things is, people will buy this crap... its 'exclusive' and all ya know...
10th February 2007 10:09 AM
Angiegirl *shakes head*
10th February 2007 10:17 AM
Gazza
quote:
keefkid wrote:

nope... none

and the sad things is, people will buy this crap... its 'exclusive' and all ya know...

Do people seriously buy this shite? I'd be interested to see what the sales figures are for some of the items that they sell..I mean, who would be seen dead with that "Valentines tongue" or "Stones on a stick" shite we've seen lately. And how can anyone associate the Stones with Daytona - a sport none of them have even expressed any interest in. Cant fans see how phoney and false this is?

I guess theres enough idiots with no taste to justify rs.con pumping this shit out
10th February 2007 10:58 AM
fireontheplatter i love the racing pin...that is to cool.
10th February 2007 10:59 AM
SweetVirginia Come on, Gazza....I know you bought these:

10th February 2007 02:23 PM
GotToRollMe To appreciate how cheesy this latest one really is, you've got to see the close-up:

10th February 2007 02:25 PM
glencar I don't hate it as much as the corn thing & the St. Valentine's Day pin.
10th February 2007 02:28 PM
GotToRollMe Yeah, the corn tongue was the worst, no contest.

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
10th February 2007 02:50 PM
glencar I get sick just looking at it!
10th February 2007 04:42 PM
Gazza
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
i love the racing pin...that is to cool.

Each to their own - I'm personally at a loss as to what's cool about this latest one. There's no Stones association at all.

some people would seemingly buy a dog turd if it had a Stones tongue on it.

10th February 2007 04:45 PM
Gazza
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
Come on, Gazza....I know you bought these:

Do the Stones actually know about this garbage or do they just get a cheque and sign away the licensing rights to some idiot with no good taste clause where they can actually say 'no' to something which they may disapprove of?

I just find it hard to believe someone like Charlie Watts being enthused about the idea of his image being used as a Hallowe'en Mask.
10th February 2007 05:01 PM
SweetVirginia I've wondered that, too, Gazza.

Those God-awful masks aren't available any more (I hope). I still had that photo on file from the holidays when they were offered at RS.com.

They were an all-time low point in Stones merchandising, IMO.

10th February 2007 05:06 PM
Gazza Oh give it time. I'm sure the Easter Egg collection with the tongues on them is being finalised as we speak....
10th February 2007 05:18 PM
SweetVirginia RS toilet paper?
Garbage bags?
Tampons?
10th February 2007 05:42 PM
pdog Suppository 's
Diapers
Household Cleaning Supplies
10th February 2007 06:07 PM
Gazza
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
RS toilet paper?
Garbage bags?
Tampons?

A year's supply of tampons with a strategically placed big red tongue. A marvellous idea. They should have a suggestion box on that site, for sure.
10th February 2007 06:41 PM
mojoman
quote:
pdog wrote:
Suppository 's
Diapers
Household Cleaning Supplies

sounds like the astronut's checklist
10th February 2007 06:43 PM
mojoman
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
RS toilet paper?
Garbage bags?
Tampons?

syringes?
waterpipes?
mothers little helpers?
10th February 2007 07:44 PM
tumbled when they start selling whatever is keeping mickandkeith skinnny I'm buying likewise, if they can sell shares in having the stupid moderator fired i'm in....? marketing idea?? the trinkets are stooopid
11th February 2007 11:32 AM
Sir Stonesalot I'm gonna have that checkered flag tongue painted on the hood of my new hot rod.

Not.

I gotta tell ya people...I think this shit is hilarious. It used to piss me off, kinda, but now I see the absurdist humor in these items.

I'm not buying any of it...but I wanna see more!
11th February 2007 11:55 AM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Each to their own - I'm personally at a loss as to what's cool about this latest one. There's no Stones association at all.

some people would seemingly buy a dog turd if it had a Stones tongue on it.

speaking of turds. when the stoners came to denver during their 'licks' tour, the classic rock station asked what some might do to get front row seats to the show. one lady said she would eat her cat pooh live on the air...after a couple of forkfulls she had won.

true story.

i am looking for the corn pin if any one out there has one for sale.

everybody say owwwww

11th February 2007 02:33 PM
Gazza
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
i am looking for the corn pin if any one out there has one for sale.

I'm actually more amazed by the fact that youve admitted this in public than I was about the cat-shit story.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)