ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Unknown artist - provided by Cucho Peņaloza
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie and Keith with The Faces Return to archive
February 10th, 2005 05:12 PM
F505 Before the Stones hit the road Ronnie and Keith should watch the DVD with their performance at The Final Concert ( Rod Stewart and the Faces, 1974). Their guitar work on Sweet Little Rock and Roller and Twistin' The Night Away is a reminder of what they were once capable of: hard driving rock 'n roll. Maybe it gives them some inspiration.
[Edited by F505]
February 10th, 2005 05:26 PM
Joey

Thanks So Much F505 .....
( Rocks Off Member )
February 10th, 2005 08:51 PM
glencar What a great DVD. Rod could sing back then, too!
February 10th, 2005 08:52 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
What a great DVD. Rod could sing back then, too!

Rod has one of the most unique voices in music and I must admit i enjoy most things he has done aside from his Great American Songbook Series
February 10th, 2005 09:04 PM
glencar I had a loaner car this week & before I got the radio stations set up, I just went with what was already there. My bad luck that the station selected played that awful "Wonderful World" song. I think most of the American Idol kids could do a much better job with that song.
February 11th, 2005 10:37 AM
oska what is this dvd called ?
February 11th, 2005 11:24 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
oska wrote:
what is this dvd called ?

"the faces finale concert with keith richards",you can find it or downloaded it. but only on Zone 2 I think.
February 11th, 2005 11:26 AM
Nellcote I recall "back in the day" parts of this was broadcast
on "Don Kirschner's Rock Concert" here in the
States. Keith's wearing that leopard skin outfit.
The whole gig is Wicked Pissa........
February 11th, 2005 11:32 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
I had a loaner car this week & before I got the radio stations set up, I just went with what was already there. My bad luck that the station selected played that awful "Wonderful World" song. I think most of the American Idol kids could do a much better job with that song.

The strength of Rod is not his vocal range, yet his vocal uniqueness. But you did hit the nail on the head when you mentioned that you didnt like his take on the "American Songbook" songs.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood