ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Unknown artist - provided by Cucho Peņaloza
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Roger Daltrey is honored by the Queen/ New CD Tracks.....From Ian Return to archive
February 10th, 2005 05:04 AM
IanBillen
Roger Daltrey is now named the 'Commander and Chief of Britan'
by the queen. I did not know this recently took place. I just seen on CNN as the news caster put it "another one bites the dust"... Anyway it is no use pretending to be a rebel when you are sixty. His time is done for all that. Micks a knight for that matter. Also as we know The Who are supposed to be releasing a double CD of mostly all new material and a good handful of live tracks this year.

Here is the tentative Track Listing for the Who's new release:

CD1
One Man Band
The Way Of The World
Thinking
There Is Love
Giving It All Away
(Come And) Get Your Love
World Over
Proud
Dear John
Avenging Annie
One Of The Boys
Martyrs And Madmen
Say It Ain't So, Joe
Bitter And Twisted
Free Me
Without Your Love
Waiting For A Friend
Parting Would Be Painless
After The Fire
Under A Raging Moon

CD2
Behind Blue Eyes / 5.15 (live)
Won't Get Fooled Again (live)
Quicksilver Lightning
Lover's Storm
Mack The Knife
The Pig Must Die
Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me
Rock And Roll
Who's Gonna Walk On Water?
Love Is
Blues Man Road
Baba O'Riley (live)
Pinball Wizard (live)
The Real Me (live)
Stuck In The Middle
Child Of Mine
Born To Run (live)

Ian
February 10th, 2005 05:13 AM
Jumping Jack Double CD? Excellent. Turn up the heat on the Stones like the old days!!!

When does the tour start?

Meet the new Who, same as the old Who. WooHoo!!!
February 10th, 2005 05:38 AM
Nellcote Something looks amiss about those tracks Ian, could you identify the source of the info?
February 10th, 2005 07:52 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Roger Daltrey is now named the 'Commander and Chief of Britan'
by the queen. I did not know this recently took place. I just seen on CNN as the news caster put it "another one bites the dust"... Anyway it is no use pretending to be a rebel when you are sixty. His time is done for all that. Micks a knight for that matter. Also as we know The Who are supposed to be releasing a double CD of mostly all new material and a good handful of live tracks this year.

Here is the tentative Track Listing for the Who's new release:

CD1
One Man Band
The Way Of The World
Thinking
There Is Love
Giving It All Away
(Come And) Get Your Love
World Over
Proud
Dear John
Avenging Annie
One Of The Boys
Martyrs And Madmen
Say It Ain't So, Joe
Bitter And Twisted
Free Me
Without Your Love
Waiting For A Friend
Parting Would Be Painless
After The Fire
Under A Raging Moon

CD2
Behind Blue Eyes / 5.15 (live)
Won't Get Fooled Again (live)
Quicksilver Lightning
Lover's Storm
Mack The Knife
The Pig Must Die
Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me
Rock And Roll
Who's Gonna Walk On Water?
Love Is
Blues Man Road
Baba O'Riley (live)
Pinball Wizard (live)
The Real Me (live)
Stuck In The Middle
Child Of Mine
Born To Run (live)

Ian

ABSOLUTE BOLLOCKS
February 10th, 2005 08:27 AM
justinkurian It's a real release...but, it's a Roger Daltrey solo anthology set. Here's some info from Who.com

Roger's Anthology, now called 'Moonlighting' has had its release date put back until January 31st 2005. The delay though hasn't stopped some advance copies getting out prompting a 5 star review in Classic Rock. The two CD set draws on Roger's solo work beginning with the 1973 'Daltrey' album and includes 'b' sides and rarities as well as live recordings taken from Roger's solo shows..
February 10th, 2005 09:08 AM
Hannalee Roger collected his CBE yesterday (Wednesday 9th of February) see http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertai...sic/4249453.stm

In his recent interview with The Guardian http://www.guardian.co.uk/arts/frid...1399761,00.html he implies that they're still in the studio.

Classic Rock liked his Anthology, but sad to say, none of the other music critics seem to.

[Edited by Hannalee]
February 10th, 2005 11:40 AM
sirmoonie So the track listing that Ian posted is really Roger's latest greatest hits package? Sure looks like it. Don't know every song listed, most of them are not new at all. Side 1 looks all Daltrey solo material.
February 10th, 2005 12:28 PM
FPM C10 OH!!! Ok...

for a second there I thought the new WHO album was going to include a version of an Elton John song, along with what sounds like a fair amount of drivel.

At least we know the new Stones album will be better than THAT!

....don't we????

Anyway, I'm pretty sure there won't be any Elton John songs on it!

I have a fair amount of love left for the 'Oo, even now. But Daltrey's a lunkhead.
February 10th, 2005 04:28 PM
IanBillen
I apologise to the folks who read this post. I just double checked the article and it stated The Who are to release an album this year. However, this is very much Rogers Anothology release track listing. Again My apologies. The Who supposeably are to release an album coming this year though.

Ian
February 10th, 2005 04:38 PM
Joey [quote]FPM C10 wrote:

I have a fair amount of love left for the 'Oo, even now. "

Fleabit , I would like to caress your kneecaps

http://www.jilliangrace.net/

[ Edited by Daltrey ]
[Edited by Joey]
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood