ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Unknown artist - provided by Cucho Peñaloza
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Howe Can This Happen" (NSC) Return to archive
February 9th, 2005 04:47 AM
Gazza Rugby fan carries out threat to cut off testicles after Wales win

GERAINT WILLIAMS

A WELSH rugby fan cut off his own testicles to celebrate his team’s defeat of old enemy England in Cardiff on Saturday.

Geoff Huish, 26, was so convinced England would win the Six Nations opener that he told fellow drinkers at a social club, "If Wales win I’ll cut my balls off", it was reported yesterday.

Friends at the club in Caerphilly, south Wales, thought he was joking. But after the 11-9 victory over England, Huish went home, severed his testicles with a knife, and walked 200 metres back to the bar with the testicles to show the shocked drinkers what he had done.

Staff phoned the emergency services and put the testicles in a pint glass filled with ice cubes.

Huish, who has a history of mental problems, was taken to hospital where he remained in a seriously ill condition.
February 9th, 2005 05:03 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Staff phoned the emergency services and put the testicles in a pint glass filled with ice cubes.

Rocks on the rocks...huh? Jeez!
February 9th, 2005 05:31 AM
Zeeta "who has a history of mental problems"

Very sever'e mental problems I'll say!

February 9th, 2005 06:35 AM
Gazza Woman kills husband with a three-litre sherry enema

Houston: A Texas woman has been indicted for criminally negligent homicide for causing her husband's death by giving him a sherry enema, a police detective said.

Tammy Jean Warner, 42, gave Michael Warner two large bottles of sherry on May 21, which raised his blood alcohol level to 0.47%, or nearly six times the level considered legally drunk in Texas, police detective Robert Turner in Lake Jackson, Texas, told the Houston Chronicle.

"We're not talking about little bottles here," Turner said. "These were at least 1.5-litre bottles."

Warner, 58, was said to have an alcohol problem and received the wine enema because a throat ailment left him unable to drink the sherry, Turner told the newspaper.

"I heard of this kind of thing in mortuary school in 1970, but this is the first time I've ever heard of someone actually doing it," said Turner.

The woman admitted administering the enema, but denied causing her husband's death. - Reuters

Published on the web by Daily News on February 3, 2005.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
© Daily News 2005. All rights reserved.
February 9th, 2005 11:30 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
"who has a history of mental problems"

Very sever'e mental problems I'll say!

the look on the bar patrons faces must have been priceless!
February 9th, 2005 12:23 PM
beer WTF????????

http://www.billingsgazette.com/index.php?tl=1&display=rednews/2005/02/09/build/nation/88-scalping.inc

Idaho teen survives scalping; acquaintance suspected in attack
By REBECCA BOONE
Associated Press

BOISE, Idaho -- A member of a punk clique scalped another member apparently as punishment for her disrespectful behavior toward women, police said. The victim, a 16-year-old girl whose hair was cut in a mohawk, survived.

Authorities are searching for Marianne Dahle, 26, who allegedly tied the teen up and used a 4-inch knife to cut away the crown and back portion of her scalp. A felony arrest warrant accuses Dahle of aggravated battery, which carries a maximum sentence of 14 years.

Dahle was visiting Kirkham Hot Springs in central Idaho with the girl and a friend when the attack occurred Jan. 18. The teen spent two weeks in the hospital and is now recovering at home. Authorities did not release the girl's name, though she identified herself as Sheila to Boise TV station KTVB.

"When I say this gal was scalped, she was truly scalped," said Bill Braddock, chief deputy of Boise County. "The top of her head, her hair, was completely cut off. The motive, as near as we've been told by witnesses, was retaliation for acting in a way that the adult perceived as being offensive to women as a gender."

Braddock said the victim, Dahle and another teenage girl who witnessed the attack were long-term acquaintances who belonged to the same clique. The victim's mohawk hair cut may have played a role in the assault, he said.

"In their punk group, wearing a mohawk is a sign of being a punker, and according to their creed if you disrespect women you are not allowed to wear a mohawk," he said. "But I don't think the victim had any idea in the world she was going to be scalped."

Sheila, who is from Nampa, near Boise, told KTVB that she thought the woman was going to cut her hair.

"Why would they do something like this to me?" Sheila asked. "I thought they were my friends."

Doctors grafted skin from Sheila's thigh to cover the inches-long circular patch of missing skin on her crown. She has one operation left. She wears hats to hide the healing patch of skin.

The group is not a gang, Braddock said, though they had at least some established rules of behavior.

"It was an act of revenge. I view this as a case where an adult female is using predatory control -- both psychological and sexual -- toward juvenile victims. There are definitely sexual overtones to this crime," Braddock said.

No drugs or alcohol were involved in the attack, Braddock said.

Police were alerted after Dahle allegedly dropped the teen off at St. Luke's Regional Medical Center in Boise, Braddock said. Sheila said her face and body were covered with blood when Dahle left her at the hospital.

Authorities recovered the scalp, which had been left behind at the hot springs, but doctors were unable to reattach it, Braddock said.

The Kirkham Hot Springs, about 70 miles northeast of Boise, are popular with campers and hikers, but visitors during midweek in the winter can count on near total seclusion, Braddock said.

The case has been difficult to investigate because it has taken deputies time to win the trust of witnesses and friends of the victim. Some witnesses are afraid of retaliation.

"Everybody in this case is very fragile and they're worried about how they're going to be judged by their peers," Braddock said. "I have to be very protective of my victim and others who are cooperating."

Braddock said he only agreed to discuss the incident so the public could help authorities find Dahle. Police would not release many details for fear it would harm the prosecution's case.

February 9th, 2005 12:26 PM
Madafaka The world is a crazy place to live!
February 9th, 2005 06:02 PM
stonedinaustralia talk about life imitating art - that top story re self castration had heavy echoes of one of Joey's posts following the recent US election (i think that was it) - anyway joey described how he cut off his nuts and threw them out the car window and then ran over them

Joey you are indeed "Visionary"

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
February 9th, 2005 06:11 PM
Gazza he copied that story 100% from Maxy's post about how he reacted when he first heard "Old Habits Die Hard"....

LOL
February 9th, 2005 06:31 PM
stonedinaustralia thnaks gazza

LOL indeed
February 9th, 2005 06:53 PM
kath
quote:
LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum is all shook up -- or as they might say in Yiddish, all "verklempt" (upset) -- over the name for a virtual museum celebrating the Jewish contribution to rock music.

The Cleveland-based museum has asked a federal judge to stop two journalists and a radio company executive from putting up a Web site called the Jewish Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, saying the site will infringe on the original's trademark name and that the public would confuse the two.

But the people behind the Web site said they cannot understand why the Rock and Rock Hall of Fame is making such a big deal over their plans to celebrate the exploits of such diverse talents as Bob Dylan, Billy Joel, some of the Ramones, Lou Reed and Elvis Presley's tailor, "Nudie" Cohen.

Their nonprofit Web site, which is not up and running yet, plans to publish articles on the Internet about Jews who rock.

In a lawsuit filed in federal court in Cleveland, the museum said journalists David Segal, Jeffrey Goldberg and radio executive Allen Goldberg "misappropriated Rock Hall's substantial intellectual property rights as well as the goodwill associated therewith. Unless restrained ... by the court, such conduct will, permit defendants to gain an unfair advantage over Rock Hall."

It said the Cleveland museum has suffered irreparable harm and was seeking damages in excess of $100,000.

Regan Fay, a lawyer for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, which has attracted 5.5 million visitors since opening in 1995, said calling something the Jewish Rock and Roll Hall of Fame was going to confuse people.

"I don't think people would know the difference (between the two). We have a lot of Jewish rock and rollers in the Hall of Fame. ... It's like saying the Jewish Oscars or the Jewish Football Hall of Fame," he said.

"It is a well-known trademark principal that putting your name in front of another name is a trademark infringement, like you can't call something a Jewish McDonald's because then people would think it is McDonald's that is kosher," he added.

In court papers, the Hall of Fame said it has honored "numerous performers, songwriters and producers with Jewish heritage" including "Cleveland's own Alan 'Moondog' Freed," a disc jockey who helped popularize the music.

Jeffrey Goldberg, Washington correspondent for the New Yorker, said, "Speaking as a layman, I don't think they own rock and roll and I don't think they own the phrase 'Hall of Fame' and I know for sure they don't own the Jews."

Segal, a Washington Post reporter and former rock critic for that paper, said, "The ideas that anyone would confuse a large museum with a Web site run by a couple of Jewish guys with a computer is amazing to me, especially since it isn't even up yet."

Segal said the Web site would include articles about Jews in rock and roll, from record company executive Clive Davis to singer Bob Dylan to tailor "Nudie" Cohen, who designed suits for Elvis and Hank Williams. One piece would analyze references to the Torah -- the first five books of the Old Testament -- in Dylan's lyrics.

February 10th, 2005 06:31 AM
Zeeta More!!!!!!

Testicle-Ripping Woman To Be Sentenced
A jilted woman who ripped off her ex-lover's testicle with her bare hands will be sentenced today.Amanda Monti, 24, flew into a rage after 37-year-old Geoffrey Jones rejected her advances at the end of a drunken party and she yanked off his left testicle.Monti, of Birkenhead, Merseyside, pleaded guilty to wounding at Liverpool Crown Court last month.

The court heard that Mr Jones had ended his long-term relationship with Monti towards the end of May last year.

The pair remained on good terms and on May 30, they went to a party and then for drinks with friends at Mr Jones's house.

As the night was winding down, Monti told Mr Jones she wanted to discuss their relationship and offered him sex.

When he refused a struggle ensued. Monti was knocked to the floor, from where she pulled down Mr Jones's shorts.

In a statement, he said: "Suddenly she grabbed my genitals and pulled hard. I found I was completely naked and in excruciating pain."

Referring to his friend Danny McDonagh, who was sleeping at the house after the party, Mr Jones said: "I believe Danny walked out shortly afterwards.

"He came into the kitchen and said to me, 'That's yours', and I saw that he was holding one of my testicles."

Monti initially tried to hide the testicle by putting it in her mouth, but released it.
February 10th, 2005 06:40 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
Amanda Monti, 24, flew into a rage after 37-year-old Geoffrey Jones rejected her advances at the end of a drunken party and she yanked off his left testicle

LOL...well....hell hath no fury.....
February 10th, 2005 09:20 AM
nankerphelge HARARE, Zimbabwe — A prize winning track athlete who competed in women's events was actually a man, a court in Zimbabwe (search) has been told.

Samukaliso Sithole, who competed in domestic and regional competitions, faced charges of crimen injuria, or psychological offense, in the Zimbabwean city of Bulawayo (search), the state-run Herald newspaper reported Wednesday.

Prosecutors alleged Sithole offended the dignity and sexuality of a woman who befriended him, confided in him and felt comfortable being naked around him, all the while believing him to a woman, the newspaper said.

Sithole was identified as a man to the complainant by an acquaintance, as he and a group of women were preparing to travel by train to a track meet in Bulawayo, the court heard Tuesday.

Sithole tried to sprint away from the train station but was caught. Police then supervised a medical examination.

Sithole told the court he was born congenitally deformed. A tribal healer, known in the West as a witchdoctor, gave him "female status" but the spell didn't work properly because his family didn't pay the healer's full fee, Sithole said.

Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood