ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Unknown artist - provided by Cucho Peņaloza
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bon Jovi next Stones Return to archive
February 8th, 2005 01:21 PM
Ten Thousand Motels BON JOVI: 'WE COULD ROCK FOREVER'

BON JOVI are set to be the next ROLLING STONES - rocking in their 60s - because frontman JON BON JOVI insists his band have passed the point where they could split.

The rocker is planning a lengthy run with bandmates TICO TORRES, RICHIE SAMBORA and DAVID BRYAN because the quartet are too mature to break up.

He says, "All the trials and tribulations of youth and money and success and having hit records and then failures as records we're all through that.

I encourage my band to go and do whatever they want. If they wanna make solo records or do whatever, I encourage them because you're bringing more information back to the fold."
Contactmusic.com

February 8th, 2005 01:25 PM
gimmekeef They arent even the next Bon Jovi....geez I'm sick of hearing about this 80's hairband relic!
February 8th, 2005 01:44 PM
ResidentMule if jon bon jovi says it, it must be true
February 8th, 2005 01:59 PM
caro
It's all about the music!

BTW, wasn't it, like, three months ago that he said something to the effect of him retiring because he didn't want to become old and ugly like the Rolling Stones?
February 8th, 2005 02:51 PM
Angiegirl Yeah, exactly, I was just wondering the same thing Caro!!
February 8th, 2005 03:01 PM
Gazza Instead of becoming the next Stones, why dont they become the next Lynyrd Skynyrd.....
February 8th, 2005 03:03 PM
Gazza Ok..a bit tongue in cheek

Wouldnt wish that fate on anyone. Excuse my sick sense of humour.

Still think they're tossers extraordinaire, though...
February 8th, 2005 04:16 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Instead of becoming the next Stones, why dont they become the next Lynyrd Skynyrd.....

post of the week Gazza!! ROTFLMAO!!!
February 8th, 2005 04:45 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Ok..a bit tongue in cheek

Wouldnt wish that fate on anyone. Excuse my sick sense of humour.

Still think they're tossers extraordinaire, though...

wouldnt jbs take on this topic have been priceless?
February 8th, 2005 04:55 PM
monkeyman62 hey i saw bon jovi interview not long ago
and his favorite band is the stones he said
so you have to respect him for that, hes a smart boy
its also a toss up who has the best voice, bon jovi or bono
February 8th, 2005 04:56 PM
voodoopug
quote:
monkeyman62 wrote:
hey i saw bon jovi interview not long ago
and his favorite band is the stones he said
so you have to respect him for that, hes a smart boy
its also a toss up who has the best voice, bon jovi or bono

my wife seen him in concert years ago and he encored with JJF
February 8th, 2005 05:03 PM
Poplar
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Yeah, exactly, I was just wondering the same thing Caro!!

yep - not enev 6 months ago. maybe he's bipolar. maybe its some previously unknown reaction to all those hair products. ick.

February 8th, 2005 05:09 PM
MrPleasant Poor Bon Jovi. Such an easy target.

The fault's in the writer for including such a needless remark ("the next ROLLING STONES - rocking in their 60s") in an otherwise innocent article.
February 8th, 2005 05:09 PM
Dan Nobody ever goes away anymore. But that doesn't make every rock band the next Rolling Stones.
February 8th, 2005 09:19 PM
prodigalson1965 Bon Jovi... The next Rolling Stones??? That's the funniest thing I've read all year... HE may like the Stones (or at least claim too), hell, he may truly beleive in his heart, that he has that sort of longevity and talent, and the 1,000 other things it must take to make it that long in the musical world...
I'm not a "Bon Jovi hater", nor will I make fun of anyone for thier personal musical taste, even if they do like that poofter... Hey he/they are a talented band, (if you like that sort of shit), but they just never will obtain the reputation, cataloge, status, respect, and admiration, ect, ect, ect... of the Stones... Just how long can one make a career with such a lack of diversity???

That's a very large part of the Stones, thier diversity...

And them having the "rock" reputation that they possess...

Hey Bon, you ain't it...

B. Jovi = Stones???

No fucking way, No fucking how!

I now return you to your regular board viewing pleasure...

February 8th, 2005 11:51 PM
ResidentMule its just Bon Jovi hyping themselves up. that's what they've always done. people give Jon Bon Jovi attention because he's a whore

but after reading this, he's even more of a douche for first saying he'd quit to avoid being like the Stones, and now he wants to continue on to surpass them.
February 9th, 2005 12:27 AM
prodigalson1965 LOL!!! Everyone has to have dream Mule!
February 9th, 2005 12:52 AM
Soldatti
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

my wife seen him in concert years ago and he encored with JJF

They used to play TD, IORR and SFM on concerts too.
February 9th, 2005 05:19 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
Poor Bon Jovi. Such an easy target.

For sure.....takes all the fun out of it really.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood