ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Unknown artist - provided by Cucho Peņaloza
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Beast Of Burden @ Patriots Parade Return to archive
February 8th, 2005 12:25 PM
Nellcote PARADE UPDATES: Tom Brady just addressed the crowd through the loud speaker system, thanking fans for turning out today and promising to work for a fourth championship next season. The Rolling Stones' "Beast of Burden" can't drown out the screams and cheers of the adoring crowd.

YEAH BAAAABY!!!
February 8th, 2005 12:37 PM
Fiji Joe They still don't belong in the same discussion as the 70's Steelers, 80's Niners or the 90's Cowboys...and the reason is simple...salary caps
February 8th, 2005 12:39 PM
Nellcote Right on Fiji-The Patriots did this with more adverse conditions than any of those teams.
Interchangeable players playing two, sometimes three positions.
Cast off players from other teams becoming stars.
You are correct, no comparison.
Good of you to notice!
February 8th, 2005 12:45 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
They still don't belong in the same discussion as the 70's Steelers, 80's Niners or the 90's Cowboys...and the reason is simple...salary caps

...AND it ain't over yet either.
February 8th, 2005 12:46 PM
Fiji Joe Nellcote...I didn't say it wasn't impressive...I think what that organization accomplished is much more impressive than the above-mentioned teams...My point is...they cannot be compared to the other teams I mentioned because their overall talent level has been diluted because of the cap...
There is no way in hell this team compares, on a player by player talent level, to the team the 90's Cowboys were trotting out there or the 70's Steelers...but as I said, what they have done has been one of the most impressive accomplishments in sports
February 8th, 2005 01:26 PM
Maxlugar The players, particularly the linemen, of the 70's and 80's couldn't hold their own against some community colleges of today.

The player of today is a MONSTER compared to those guys. Mainly becuase of the juice they take and in some part due to each generation getting bigger.

It's the same in all sports.
[Edited by Maxlugar]
February 8th, 2005 04:32 PM
Fiji Joe Well Max...all I can say is that size, in this instance, is overrated...look at the Broncos...they have the smallest O-line in football but most people will agree, they are the best...and don't get caught up in the era man...how good would LeBron be if you turned back the clock 35 years and made the ball-hoggin' bastard dribble?...Answer...not too good...see for example, the olympics where he and the others got their ass handed to them by a bunch of dudes playing an antiquated style of ball

February 8th, 2005 07:31 PM
nankerphelge Here's what they did in Virginia today!

RICHMOND, Va. -- A Norfolk, Va., legislator says the droopy-drawers bill may be his legacy.
Freshman Norfolk Delegate Algie Howell Jr. introduced the bill at the urging of constituents who are offended by the exposed underwear.

Howell said, "That's why they're called undergarments. They're supposed to be worn under something else."

Delegates approved a measure that would allow police to assess a $50 fine on anyone who exposes their below-waist underpants in a "lewd or indecent manner."

Howell said that since he introduced it last month, he's been deluged with calls and e-mails about the issue, mostly positive.

Howell told The Virginian-Pilot that he kept hearing from customers in his barber shop that something needed to be done about young people who wear their pants around their knees, exposing their underwear.

When a House subcommittee took up the matter, the response was sympathetic yet skeptical because of legal issues.

It's going to the House floor for a vote.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood