ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Unknown artist - provided by Cucho Peñaloza
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New DVD Return to archive
February 7th, 2005 06:26 PM
Back Street Girl http://www.woolworths.co.uk/

DVD.
Title The Rolling Stones - Music Box Biographical Collection
Release Date: 31-January-2005
RRP: £8.99
Our Price: £6.99
You Save: £2.00

Anyone know what this is ?
February 7th, 2005 07:39 PM
Gazza Its a new one on me.

Going by the low price and lack of info, I'd imagine its one of those interview DVD's or unofficial biographies. They tend to not have any music on them actually performed by the band.
February 8th, 2005 04:38 PM
Back Street Girl Thank's Gazza.
February 9th, 2005 01:51 AM
glencar I have the Rolling On VHS. Piece of shit. No music (by the Stones, anyway) & the interviews are horribly muddied.
February 9th, 2005 10:35 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
I have the Rolling On VHS. Piece of shit. No music (by the Stones, anyway) & the interviews are horribly muddied.

it is unwatchable!
February 9th, 2005 10:51 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
I have the Rolling On VHS. Piece of shit. No music (by the Stones, anyway) & the interviews are horribly muddied.

I dont understand why the Stones can't prevent these unauthorized dvds from coming out.

they are horrendous!!!!
February 9th, 2005 10:54 AM
Gazza they can't, because there's only copyright on their music, not their spoken words.

Which is why you can easily find unauthorised interview CDs in your local Tower, HMV , Virgin etc.

Funny how you cant own copyright on someone's spoken words, but some people seem to think they can own the rights to your own written words
February 9th, 2005 10:57 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:
they can't, because there's only copyright on their music, not their spoken words.

Which is why you can easily find unauthorised interview CDs in your local Tower, HMV , Virgin etc.

Funny how you cant own copyright on someone's spoken words, but some people seem to think they can own the rights to your own written words

if there wasnt so much crap being released, perhaps the stones would release stuff publically that we all have wanted, such as Ladies and Gentleman, LA 75, etc.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood