ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Unknown artist - provided by Cucho Peņaloza
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Christopher Sanford's "Satisfaction"-book? Return to archive
February 7th, 2005 08:18 AM
padre I just started reading Christopher Sandford's "Satisfaction" -book. It's a Keith biography from 2003. Have you guys read it? Any opinions?
A Finnish translation was released a couple of months ago and it's the only Stones book translated besides the Philip Norman's one.
I'm now on page 124 and it seems that mr. Sandford is one hell of a Keef fan. You get the feeling that Keith is the only one who's done anything in and for the band...
February 7th, 2005 09:42 AM
M.O.W.A.T. I read it a while back. I personally think it's a load of crap. Lots of factual mistakes. Like you said, it's as if the other Stones didn't have anything to do with songwriting, playing...
February 7th, 2005 11:02 AM
Gazza It's not that good. If that and Norman's pile of shite are the only two available in Finnish, then God help ya's.
February 7th, 2005 11:10 AM
glencar Didn't he also (sandford) write a Jagger bio with "Satisfaction" as its title? Mr. Originality!
February 7th, 2005 02:34 PM
padre
quote:
Gazza wrote:
If that and Norman's pile of shite are the only two available in Finnish, then God help ya's.

Yep, I just wonder the reason why those particular books have been chosen for the translation.
February 7th, 2005 02:36 PM
M.O.W.A.T.
quote:
glencar wrote:
Didn't he also (sandford) write a Jagger bio with "Satisfaction" as its title? Mr. Originality!

Nope. The title of Sanford's Mick bio was called Primitive Cool. Won't be picking it up if it's anything like Satisfaction.
February 7th, 2005 02:37 PM
glencar My copy says "Satisfaction" on the cover & Mick has this really gay pose. Maybe it was done up differently for a later edition.
February 7th, 2005 04:06 PM
gypsy The book "Satisfaction" - about Keith - by Christopher Sandford is not a good book...just another cut & paste job. I did, however, like Kris Needs' Keith book - "Before They Make Me Run." Like Stanley Booth, he spent a lot of time with Keith over the years. Although I do prefer Booth's work.
February 7th, 2005 04:08 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
The book "Satisfaction" - about Keith - by Christopher Sandford is not a good book...just another cut & paste job. I did, however, like Kris Needs' Keith book - "Before They Make Me Run." Like Stanley Booth, he spent a lot of time with Keith over the years. Although I do prefer Booth's work.

Thanks Sugar .
February 7th, 2005 04:12 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

Thanks Sugar .

hi Joey
February 8th, 2005 01:44 AM
padre
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:
Nope. The title of Sanford's Mick bio was called Primitive Cool. Won't be picking it up if it's anything like Satisfaction.

Anybody read the Mick book? It would be funny if Sandford had the same approach on that too like "Mick did all the work, had to write all the classic songs and also played most of the guitars when the junkie guitar player was too wasted to show up..."
February 8th, 2005 04:47 AM
Doxa "It's not that good. If that and Norman's pile of shite are the only two available in Finnish, then God help ya's."

Yes, not the very best ones for translation. "Funny" part is that the Norman's pile of shit has been translated TWICE into Finnish - I mean the translator for the newer edition was different person than in the original edition... so we got a totally a new translation a couple of years ago.. Horrible waste of energy (and lack of common sense).

- Doxa
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood