ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Unknown artist - provided by Cucho Peņaloza
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: TODAY HEADER - Marley, Jagger and Tosh Return to archive Page: 1 2
February 8th, 2005 01:28 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Great Pix Voodoo. Thx.
February 8th, 2005 02:19 PM
Maxlugar Peter Tosh is one the greatest artists in modern music. Period.

Get the DVD Red X if you want to learn about this twisted genius.

Tosh taught Bob Marely to play guitar, among other things.

He had in my opinion, the best voice in reggae. It was a deep and intimidating voice. He could bring it up high and clean when he wanted to as well.

A damn shame he was killed.

Rex X has video of his funeral and the scene of the crime.

February 8th, 2005 02:37 PM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Peter Tosh is one the greatest artists in modern music. Period.

February 8th, 2005 02:41 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

He had in my opinion, the best voice in reggae. It was a deep and intimidating voice. He could bring it up high and clean when he wanted to as well.

I don't know too much about reggae. But "400 years" made me want to play Catch a Fire enough times, until I finally "got it".
February 8th, 2005 06:23 PM
iluvmickjagger07
quote:
rolling who wrote:

I saw the video for this the other day on VH-1 Classic (GREAT station!). Forget the name of the song already, though. Good tune, though like all white men performing on stage with black men, Mick looks a little goofy.

i saw the end of it on vh1classic too. good song. i like the part where mick talks in the song (not sings). i dont get why british people dont sing in a british accent???
"yeah we all got a long way to go"- favorite line mick says in that song
February 8th, 2005 07:28 PM
rolling who Jimmy Cliff was a great reggae man, too. 'Harder They Come' is my favorite reggae album.
February 8th, 2005 07:47 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Yes, and Keith's cover of "The Harder" is great one one of the best covers of a reggae, in 1982 I made a tape called "Rock & Reg" and I remember some visitors my brother had from Bahamas or somewhere I don't remember listening that one several times rewinding the tape to listen to it

And Jimmy Cliff was Marley's and Tosh's teacher
February 9th, 2005 08:16 AM
luxury1 oh man, Voodoo. THe Harder they Come turned me on to reggae. I have never heard Keith's cover..hmmm. hint, hint.
And Jimmy CLiff's voice is sweet indeed.
February 9th, 2005 06:53 PM
icydanger glad i looked back, cheers
February 10th, 2005 12:24 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Luxy!

I have the Japanese 45 RPM 7" and I think I also have it on a CD of sessions, please PM and I will send it (give me an e-mail with enough space to receive MP3 I have your e-mail but I'm not sure... you know

BTW, I'm gonna make a better scan, I scanned it in 1999 when we started the website (MUSIC COVERS)
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood