ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Unknown artist - provided by Cucho Peņaloza
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Beatles - Stones Debate. our views needed. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
February 6th, 2005 09:46 PM
IanBillen
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

The Beatles music did change alot in the music world (at that time and some of those things remain and will probably remain indefinately). So did Michael Jackson and everyone eles who blew the top of the industry (in their time). The only difference is some of the Beatles changes were forever incorporated into music. They were very experimental and went places groups did not go before. The Beatles changed the music industry forever in alot of ways and nobody is ever going to forget that. However the Beatles stayed current for only 8 years. They blew the top off the industry for a very short time frame. The Beatles have long been viewed as a nastalgic group for decades because of that. The Beatles were a goup of only fair and midland musicians however they were the first to use alot of different instruments in their recordings. The Beatles were never really seen as a live act at all. They never put together a major tour of any type. Their song writing innovations is what makes the Beatles rememberable.

Enter The Rolling Stones. The Stones are a band that also changed some things in the industry forever. The Stones were also the first to do alot of different things which is not mentioned as much as The Beatles additions. The Stones are a much more exciting group in almost every way. Their sound has always kept the excitment years after the Stones recordings were released. The Beatles songs have not. Comapre Satisfaction to Penny Lane. Or maybe compare Honky Tonk Women or Jumpin Jack Flash to The Beatles Let it Be or Hey Jude. You wouldn't put on Penny Lane at the local drinking hot-spot now would you? The Rolling Stones have stuck to their guns and kept moving forward and changing with the times and rolling along while still remaining very popular. The Stones are reguarded as the only one in their league because of this. No one eles even comes close. Yet through all the decades of great music and ground breaking tours The Rolling Stones have never forgot what they stand for or what their music is based upon. Rock n Roll with a Rythym and Blues base.
The Stones are a band that has made great albums, sloted major tours consistantly to back these albums, continues to put out great material when they record and dazzles the world with their great live tours till this very day. That has been going on for forty years now!

I think this sums it up:

If you want nastalgia listen to the Beatles on a Sunday afternoon with your cat and reminisce.

If you want raw, gritty, Rock n Roll that can get your sexual loins pumpin play The Rolling Stones....no matter where you are or what day it is.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]

[Edited by IanBillen]
February 7th, 2005 12:04 AM
corgi37 Again!!! This topic again!!!! Arghhhhh!!!

For the last fucking time. The Beatles were a POP band. The Stones are (note the word, are!!) a ROCK band.

The Beatles invented mop tops, matching suits, crappy drummers, faggy satin outfits and very bad facial hair.

The Stones invented public pissing, mars bars fun (true or not, it sounds cool!), twin guitar assault & actually MOVING on stage.

Good gravy, this topic must never be allowed to pop up again.

The Beatles are dead (well, 2 down, 2 to go anyway). Have been for 35 years. Though the Stones recording life is probably dead, live, they are better than anyone...EVER.

I roughly quote Playboy's 1979 review of rock.

Ahem (practises voice: me-me-me-me. Do-re-me-fa-so-le-daaaa). Er, is that right? Anwyay...

"This year celebrates the 9th anniversary of the fab 4 NOT getting back together. We'd rather salute the nasty old Rolling Stones. Who often worked the piss and grease side of the street, compared to the Sunny Liverpudlians. Unlike the chicken shit Beatles, at least the can handle it".

Need i say more?

February 7th, 2005 12:35 AM
voodoopug
quote:
JumpingKentFlash wrote:

Yada yada yada. To me there is no problem. It's not my fault that the dude has a low self-esteem. I don't even want a drink from him anymore.

I feel as if all of my efforts towards peace are being put to a halt now due to your stubborness. Josh would be happy to post here again if you simply apologize to him for the way you verbally treated him in the past.
February 7th, 2005 07:05 AM
JumpingKentFlash Well, I'm getting very tired of Josh blaming me for everything that has gone wrong in the universe. Frankly: Tell him to fuck off.
February 7th, 2005 07:22 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
JumpingKentFlash wrote:
Well, I'm getting very tired of Josh blaming me for everything that has gone wrong in the universe. Frankly: Tell him to fuck off.

you re not alone JKF! it s a pity jb is not there anymore cuz , as a huge Beatles fan ,he could have helped you for your paper.

Cheers JKF, see ya next year for the tour I hope!

February 7th, 2005 11:18 AM
glencar A local oldies station had a Beatles vs. Stones vote yesterday. The feckin' moptops won. People have no clue.
February 7th, 2005 11:55 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
glencar wrote:
A local oldies station had a Beatles vs. Stones vote yesterday. The feckin' moptops won. People have no clue.

Hi Glencar

hey the beatles are still popular, and you know popular doesn t mean automatically good taste
February 7th, 2005 11:55 AM
JumpingKentFlash The Beatles will ALWAYS win in a poll over the Stones. They're way more popular than the Stones. Unless, of course, we tell each other about web-polls and everybody here votes Stones. I love it when we do that. The Danish poll many of you voted in a week or so ago was won by the Stones. It was a LANDSLIDE of a victory. Stones had 41% and the closest follower Led Zeppelin had 17%. So cool.

Jumac: I'll be seeing you on the next tour man.
[Edited by JumpingKentFlash]
February 7th, 2005 02:41 PM
glencar That was good you told us about that, my Danish friend!
February 7th, 2005 03:19 PM
voodoopug
quote:
JumpingKentFlash wrote:
The Beatles will ALWAYS win in a poll over the Stones. They're way more popular than the Stones. Unless, of course, we tell each other about web-polls and everybody here votes Stones. I love it when we do that. The Danish poll many of you voted in a week or so ago was won by the Stones. It was a LANDSLIDE of a victory. Stones had 41% and the closest follower Led Zeppelin had 17%. So cool.

Jumac: I'll be seeing you on the next tour man.
[Edited by JumpingKentFlash]

Kent, From JB:

Tell him if he refuses to apologize for personal reasons he is not only being small minded, but punishing the rest of the board by delaying my return.

For the good of the board, please apologize and i will forward it to him.
February 7th, 2005 03:22 PM
voodoopug more from jb:

Also, indicate to him, that while he denies it, his posts clearly reflect favortism towards Macca/Beatl;es
The Danish are very big beatles fan

Tell him 'Dutch Rik" is a much better Stones fan than he will ever be~
[Edited by voodoopug]
February 7th, 2005 03:39 PM
JumpingKentFlash Glencar: Glad to help you buddy.

VdPug: Tell him that he can look for an apology in the Yellow Pages.
HILARIOUS that he thinks that I'M small minded.
For the good of the board???????????? Whaaaaaaahaaaaaaat!!!! LOL!!!! I'm surprised that he can read at all..............
February 7th, 2005 03:45 PM
voodoopug
quote:
JumpingKentFlash wrote:
Glencar: Glad to help you buddy.

VdPug: Tell him that he can look for an apology in the Yellow Pages.
HILARIOUS that he thinks that I'M small minded.
For the good of the board???????????? Whaaaaaaahaaaaaaat!!!! LOL!!!! I'm surprised that he can read at all..............

His counter offer:

Tell him if he apologizes, I shall buy al lof us a bottle of cristal(300) next tour....but it must be done soon.
February 7th, 2005 03:51 PM
Mr Jimmy Just got back from Mexico and waded through 14 pages discussing the finer points of erecting dams.

Funny thing is... parts of this thread make me feel like I'm in Bangladesh during the rainy season.
February 7th, 2005 03:53 PM
JumpingKentFlash Tell him the Yellow Pages thing again if he has trouble understanding it. And he can't buy me a drink. According to his posts he's 5 years old. And then it's illegal.
February 7th, 2005 03:54 PM
voodoopug Tell him it is your understanding that JB has received 100's if not 1000k's of PM's in support. many have openly wepted by his departure and that this needs to be done quickly as people are paying a high emotional toll b/c of my absence.

from Josh, to Danish Kent
February 7th, 2005 03:57 PM
JumpingKentFlash Read my lips: IT IS NOT MY PROBLEM. I DO NOT CARE IF HE IS HERE OR NOT. To tell the truth I'd rather that he wasn't here at all. Now stop this thing before I get mad.
February 7th, 2005 04:00 PM
voodoopug
quote:
JumpingKentFlash wrote:
Read my lips: IT IS NOT MY PROBLEM. I DO NOT CARE IF HE IS HERE OR NOT. To tell the truth I'd rather that he wasn't here at all. Now stop this thing before I get mad.

I am merely providing a path for josh and yourself to reconcile your horrible differences, place no anger with me please.

BTW Joey:

Josh really misses you and hopes that Danish Kent will help put an end to this so that you can be reunited!
February 7th, 2005 04:02 PM
JumpingKentFlash I'm not angry with you man. But I do think it's a little lame that you really wanna be a spokesman for that creep. No matter what both him and I do we will never agree.
Tell him these exact words: Crawl out of my butt. You itch.........
February 7th, 2005 04:08 PM
voodoopug
quote:
JumpingKentFlash wrote:
I'm not angry with you man. But I do think it's a little lame that you really wanna be a spokesman for that creep. No matter what both him and I do we will never agree.
Tell him these exact words: Crawl out of my butt. You itch.........

I would do the same for anyone the board, i do not allow personal feelings to interfere with my postings on the board, so while i take your lame comment as an unwarranted personal attack on me....American John and Danish Kent are still friends on the board!
February 7th, 2005 04:16 PM
JumpingKentFlash If you want to continue this, you have to PM me. I will not continue on this thread anymore. PM me if you want to talk further................

But before you do: I want to know if you're still sane. You have to stare at the picture on the link for one minute WITHOUT laughing. If you laugh, you're insane. Remember to have your headset on WITH sound.

Here's the link. ARE YOU STILL SANE?????
http://www.ihimlen.dk/sindsygtest.htm
February 7th, 2005 04:21 PM
Fiji Joe It's like this...The Beatles are like JB...all style but very little substance...The Stones, on the other hand, are like Fiji...a big fat blob of bacon fat with a whole lotta soul...One makes you shake your head...the other makes you shake your rump
February 7th, 2005 04:22 PM
voodoopug
quote:
JumpingKentFlash wrote:
If you want to continue this, you have to PM me. I will not continue on this thread anymore. PM me if you want to talk further................

But before you do: I want to know if you're still sane. You have to stare at the picture on the link for one minute WITHOUT laughing. If you laugh, you're insane. Remember to have your headset on WITH sound.

Here's the link. ARE YOU STILL SANE?????
http://www.ihimlen.dk/sindsygtest.htm

as part of my trust and agreement with Josh when i convinced him to relay his posts through me, i agreed to not send PMs on his behalf as he cannot lurk and verify that i am not altering his words. I have told him though, that i will keep this conversation confined to one topic though as to not be guilty of topic hijacking myself. I implore you to please work with me and not make this harder on me by asking me to betray a friends trust, as I will never betray a friend. I have not checked the link yet, as i have no sound on my office computer, but i will check it at home, but i already suspect that i am not sane.

Please help end this ridiculous game of messenger pigeon and bring josh back to the board, you can easily ignore him once he is back, but I would like my friend to feel he can post here again. by working together, we can put an end to the hostilities....you guys are able to co-exist just fine on Shidoobee, please let those peaceful feelings return here. Joey is just lost without jb.
February 7th, 2005 04:30 PM
JumpingKentFlash As I said: I will only continue via PM. This is DEFINENTLY my last reply to you on this thread. And I already told you that I would rather that he weren't around. So why should I help.............

TBC ON ON PM...........
February 7th, 2005 04:35 PM
voodoopug
quote:
JumpingKentFlash wrote:
As I said: I will only continue via PM. This is DEFINENTLY my last reply to you on this thread. And I already told you that I would rather that he weren't around. So why should I help.............

TBC ON ON PM...........

i am exhausting all avenues of peace keeping. I am not asking you to work things out with him on a personal level as it is quite obvious that you too will never be friends. I am asking you to make public peace with him for the sake of the board, you are free to hate him as much as you would like.
February 7th, 2005 04:45 PM
Fiji Joe Give it a rest Kofi Annan...
February 7th, 2005 04:58 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Give it a rest Kofi Annan...

wasnt he in the WWF?
February 7th, 2005 04:59 PM
JumpingKentFlash
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

ROTFLMFAO
AWESOME stuff the Fiji Joe. Have a drink on me sometime.
February 7th, 2005 05:08 PM
voodoopug
quote:
JumpingKentFlash wrote:

ROTFLMFAO
AWESOME stuff the Fiji Joe. Have a drink on me sometime.

you are asking him to pay for a drink out his own money and dedicate it to you because you found his post funny? I think jb may not be the only one with an ego!
February 7th, 2005 05:10 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

The man is a Nobel Prize winner...what an honor! Fiji: I would be proud to buy you a drink if we meet this tour!
Page: 1 2 3
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood