ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Unknown artist - provided by Cucho Peñaloza
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Album and New Tour 2005 Return to archive
February 5th, 2005 07:53 AM
JaggerLips Okay I am a bit late off the mark with stating how much I am looking forward to getting my gammy hands on the new Stones material and to go see them AGAIN in the space of a couple of years.
I take it nobody knows where they are going to tour. I pray it will visit here in the UK and the Manchester MEN again. I am willing to travel to London if that's what it takes.
As soon as I left the 'gig' on 5th September 2003 I wanted to go back in and experience it all again.

I simply have to see them again. I have already started saving up for the most expensive tickets going.

God I have got it bad !!!!!
February 5th, 2005 11:55 AM
iluvmickjagger07 about how much do you think a really good stones ticket will cost? front and centered?
February 5th, 2005 02:08 PM
Madafaka
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:
about how much do you think a really good stones ticket will cost? front and centered?

$ 500
February 5th, 2005 03:45 PM
iluvmickjagger07
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

$ 500

really? i have enough but no one else i know loves the stones enough to buy that ticket. i guess im going to be alone. oh well
February 5th, 2005 06:19 PM
Gazza
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

$ 500

probably about five times that, going by the priority fan club packages last time
February 5th, 2005 08:26 PM
Sir Stonesalot You have time to save up....you got til 2006.

I'm not trying to be a wet blanket...I just don't see how the Stones can get a new album out this year when they haven't even started recording it yet. And they won't tour this time without a new album.

2006 is looking like a VERY good year though.
February 5th, 2005 10:08 PM
kath a lot...vegas for no security was well over 2k for "good seats"....

it'll depend on the venue. sometimes you can can GREAT seats at the last minute when "the band released seats" become available...

but this one is gonna be spendy, no doubt about it. i alrady know it's a one-shot deal for me.....
February 5th, 2005 10:25 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! No way will tickets be that expensive. As the years go by, they must depend more and more on getting a % of the younger crowd in the door to fill the venue. If they charge $500, it will be the biggest mistake that they have made. What they really need to do is surprise everyone and drop the price to about $150 for all good seats and show some class instead of looking like money hungry old rockers that are in it just for the cash.
February 5th, 2005 11:01 PM
Dan
quote:
Happy Motherfucker!! wrote:
No way will tickets be that expensive. As the years go by, they must depend more and more on getting a % of the younger crowd in the door to fill the venue. If they charge $500, it will be the biggest mistake that they have made. What they really need to do is surprise everyone and drop the price to about $150 for all good seats and show some class instead of looking like money hungry old rockers that are in it just for the cash.

Um, I hate to be the one to break it to you, but they ARE in it just for the cash. And they expect to be paid more per gig every time they go on tour. With a light touring schedule predicted, they are going to have to charge even more to compensate and to give them the amount of money they expect to make.
And the younger crowd (whatever that means) will go in with whatever tickets their parents buy for them.
I still suspect they are going to be doing a lot of theatres at a premium price. A full theatre tour, instead of 52 trucks and a crew of 200, would be 1 truck and a crew of 10 or 20 therefore most of the overhead is eliminated.
February 5th, 2005 11:25 PM
KeithRichardsgrl
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:
really? i have enough but no one else i know loves the stones enough to buy that ticket. i guess im going to be alone. oh well

You won't be alone lol I'll be there!! My mom told me if the stones come anywhere in North Carolina she's gonna take me to see them!!
February 6th, 2005 12:20 AM
Dan
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:

I love running into chicks who go to Stones concerts alone.
February 6th, 2005 07:08 AM
JaggerLips
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
You have time to save up....you got til 2006.

I'm not trying to be a wet blanket...I just don't see how the Stones can get a new album out this year when they haven't even started recording it yet. And they won't tour this time without a new album.

2006 is looking like a VERY good year though.

The new album is practically done and dusted just needs a few tweaks here and there and it will be released THIS SUMMER and the tour will follow on from that this year 2005. I haven't heard otherwise.
I deal in £'s not $'s so I will spend upto £150 to get the best seats I can!

Is it wise of me to rejoin the fan club? Will it be easier to get tickets that way?
February 6th, 2005 02:22 PM
ResidentMule if by 'a few tweaks' you mean 'Ron Wood'. i haven't heard anything since the preliminary stage of it being pretty much just Mick & Keith. I'm sure more has happened since the last I heard, but not enough for the album to be close to completion
February 6th, 2005 02:54 PM
Gazza
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:

The new album is practically done and dusted just needs a few tweaks here and there and it will be released THIS SUMMER and the tour will follow on from that this year 2005. I haven't heard otherwise.
I deal in £'s not $'s so I will spend upto £150 to get the best seats I can!

Is it wise of me to rejoin the fan club? Will it be easier to get tickets that way?

I dont think its "practically done and dusted" as theyve barely done anything more than demos and backing tracks. I dont think it would take them more than 6 weeks or so to finish any recording sessions for an album, however once they're at that stage.

I wouldnt advise you to join any fan club (especially not for $100!!) unless you have a really good shot at theatre show tickets which would otherwise be hard to get. Its a waste of time joining it for arena or stadium shows. Those shows wont be that hard to get tickets for and pre-sale fan club tickets are not necessarily any better than you'll find in a public sale or nearer the time when several fans have excess tickets.

As they wont be touring the UK and Europe until the final part of any tour, I certainly wouldnt join any fan club until THOSE dates are announced and until there are shows that I'd be interested in that would be hard to get tickets for otherwise

On the last tour, they limited full membership (with fan club pre-sales) for the North American tour for fans from US and Canada only. They only launched the International fan club when the tour dates for the rest of the world were announced after the end of the main part of the American tour (November 2002). Pre-sales and memberships for the shows outside of North America were open to everyone, regardless of where they were from.

I'd like to think they wont pull that "North America residents" only shit again this time around.
[Edited by Gazza]
February 6th, 2005 03:12 PM
littleredrooster
quote:
Dan wrote:

Um, I hate to be the one to break it to you, but they ARE in it just for the cash. And they expect to be paid more per gig every time they go on tour. With a light touring schedule predicted, they are going to have to charge even more to compensate and to give them the amount of money they expect to make.
And the younger crowd (whatever that means) will go in with whatever tickets their parents buy for them.
I still suspect they are going to be doing a lot of theatres at a premium price. A full theatre tour, instead of 52 trucks and a crew of 200, would be 1 truck and a crew of 10 or 20 therefore most of the overhead is eliminated.

I agree it is will be a cash cow for the band, and we'll be paying the bill!
I think it will be as glitzy and expensive as recent tours, all that I'd want is 'All Meat Music'!!!!
Full theater tour?? No way!!!
BUT, we can dream!!!
February 6th, 2005 03:48 PM
Dan
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:

Full theater tour?? No way!!!
BUT, we can dream!!!

Dream? More like a nightmare, but to use an example

Universal Amphitheatre. 6000 seats X average price $500 = 3,000,000 gross.

I wouldnt surprised if they did at least a leg with a dozen or so dates in the markets that could handle it.

Last time around, the theatre dates were used mainly as a bait and switch to sell fan club memberships and overpriced arena tickets. They need some sort of new angle to generate interest this time around. They are running out of gimmicks but I wouldn't put it past Michael Cohl to invent some new ones.
February 6th, 2005 03:52 PM
ResidentMule
quote:
Dan wrote:
Last time around, the theatre dates were used mainly as a bait and switch to sell fan club memberships and overpriced arena tickets. They need some sort of new angle to generate interest this time around. They are running out of gimmicks but I wouldn't put it past Michael Cohl to invent some new ones.

...you mean like a tour with 5 or 6 outdoor festival dates like the runored Hyde Park show
February 6th, 2005 03:53 PM
Scottfree
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:

You're never alone at a Stones concert.....
February 6th, 2005 09:17 PM
Soldatti
quote:
ResidentMule wrote:
i haven't heard anything since the preliminary stage of it being pretty much just Mick & Keith. I'm sure more has happened since the last I heard, but not enough for the album to be close to completion

I'm sure that the Stones are in studio right now, if they did 4 new songs on three weeks back on 2002 I'm sure that the new album will be ready on April/May. The release date is other story...
February 7th, 2005 12:23 AM
corgi37 I'll pay what ever they ask. But i am damn sure they wont bother coming to Oz this time. Maybe if it's the last tour, they will.

They are running out of younger fans very quickly. Well, you get that by not releasing new stuff for 8 years.

Fucking hell, there was no Britney Spears in 97! Eminem was a bigger geek than he is now. Michael Jackson had only slept with 15 boys and the Spice Girls were Queens of pop.

I dont care what anyone here thinks. No kid, shit, no person under about 25 either knows who they are or gives a rats ass. Hey, ok, maybe 1 in 50. A band like U2 has a much younger fan base than our boys. Ok, sure, they have only been together 25 years (only, and without a band member change!). Yet, think of the Stones back in 89/90. They were still considered a band of old farts then! U2 aint getting all that heat. Mainly cause i guess the Stones are taking all the heat, but ya'll know what i mean.

Some how, U2, and even Ac/Dc have a huge young fan base. The Stones dont. And, charging outrageous prices wont win them any youngies either. Nor, i might add, will it make the casual fan want to go either. I mean, i am really hanging to listen to new shit, and to see them again. But, if i was a Yank, ya know, i dont think i would be as excited. Mainly, because i would have seen them about 50 times, as opposed to twice.

I bet alot of others feel the same. How many times can you justify spending a weeks wages (maybe more) when you are sick to death of Honky Tonk Women, Tumbling Dice and Gimme (remember when i was a hot, threatening song?) Shelter?

As for a touring theme, i am going against the grain of most of you. I want an all out visual spectacular. Judging only from the 4 Flicks dvd, the stadium show looked very dull. Old hat. Boring even! They need to re-think the whole design. Instead of something revolutionary, it just seemed merely an extension of the basic structure of b2b/no security. I know i am not wrong in saying that most of the video footage for sympathy was identical to 94/95's VL tour!!!!!

They only toured the arena show here in 2003. I was really hoping my wife could experience the sheer grandeur of a stadium show. But, i will take what i can get. And, i will be lining up to buy 2 tickets. And i will probably cry again.

I just hope i dont get busted for taking pics again.
February 7th, 2005 12:45 AM
ResidentMule maybe the actual stage design was boring, but I liked how they started without the screen. as someone being in the BACK of Giants Stadium and seeing Mick Jagger for the first time, it was amazing I could even make him out from that distance, let alone that he could actually work the crowd all the way back there without a huge projected image behind him
of course, when the screens did come out, I was damn glad. I wouldnt want to go the whole show not being able to see the band, but just the fact that Mick did have that kind of stage presence impressed me as I had only seen them on DVD before that

the arena show on the other hand I found boring with the the one big screen behind them
February 7th, 2005 01:23 AM
iluvmickjagger07
quote:
KeithRichardsgrl wrote:

You won't be alone lol I'll be there!! My mom told me if the stones come anywhere in North Carolina she's gonna take me to see them!!

yeah but the problem is i live in dallas
February 7th, 2005 01:28 AM
iluvmickjagger07 a long time ago i predicted that ill meet mick jagger sept 20o5. i might be right since the tour might start around that time
February 7th, 2005 01:29 AM
beer Really, no matter what the price is, the tickets will be devoured in a frenzy. I will pay what i have to, and so will most of You.

When the price is ridiculous (WHICH, IT CERTAINLY WILL BE), where can an obsessed fan draw the line? Who is gonna walk away from high prices and face possibly missing their last stones show? for every fan that does, there's probably 2 more willing ones with plenty of cash. When you're already in the insane price line, what the hell is the point of rational thinking? Common sense is the enemy of Fun.

It's the Stones fer fucks sake, live a little.
Then wake up and weep over your bank statement, while wondering where the kids college fund went.

Where'd it go?? A good cause, you snot nosed little brat.

-
February 7th, 2005 05:56 PM
iluvmickjagger07 im willing to throw all my money away on a stones concert
February 7th, 2005 06:05 PM
Dan I will be aiming for the parking lot cheapie. I've spent enough money and they aren't necessarily getting better at this point.
February 7th, 2005 08:32 PM
Soldatti I saw on Shidoobee a release date for October...
February 8th, 2005 05:57 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
[...]

Fucking hell, there was no Britney Spears in 97! Eminem was a bigger geek than he is now. Michael Jackson had only slept with 15 boys and the Spice Girls were Queens of pop.

[...]

You are funny Corgi. That's why you are THE KING, funny and sharp.

And don't worry, of course they will have a schedule plenty with Aussie gigs......I bet my ass.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood