ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Unknown artist - provided by Cucho Peņaloza
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Other gigs you going to Return to archive Page: 1 2
February 4th, 2005 10:55 AM
Monkeytonkman Well, I reckon everyone who's here are gearing up for the next Stones tour, which should be mighty righteous, and I intend to drive round Europe when they do that leg of the tour in my VW camper van and see as many shows in as many countries.

But what about other bands? Do a lot of you go to other gigs for a hard nights a rockin'

At the mo I've got these lined up, but sure as shit there will be more to come:

Mastodon - Brum academy
Quiet riot - London
Judas Priest / Scorpions -NEC
Motley Crue - NEC
Styx - Brum Symphony Hall
Queen - NEC
Waysted - can't remember where
Lordi - london in march

by the way.If anyone on here is going to any of these, let me know and we can have a few beers in the bar and shoot the shit before they play.

Just interested.
February 4th, 2005 12:13 PM
Dan As far as the next Stones tour goes, I am not gearing up for anything based on rumors and wishful thinking.

I WAS supposed to go see Hanoi Rocks 2 or 3 times but they cancelled.

Maybes are Motley Crue, Motorhead and any interesting free shows at Amoeba but I have been blowing even those off lately. Total gig burnout. Queensryche is playing a 6000 seater when I doubt they can even fill a 2000 seater and that venue has been known to paper the house to fill seats when tickets aren't selling, so I might go hang out there and see what happens.

I am hoping Rammstein tours America even though the new album hasn't sold well here and they can fill arenas in Europe.

I am anxiously awaiting announcement of the Ozzfest lineup. Anxiously because I am afraid it might even top last year and I don't really want to hassle it again.
February 4th, 2005 12:33 PM
Lazy Bones The only tickets I have right now are for Steve Earle in March.

Acts that are or will be touring, that I have my eyes on are Dylan, Allman Brothers, the Black Crowes, U2 and Grady.
February 4th, 2005 12:40 PM
Gazza REM - February, Belfast
U2 - June, Glasgow

Nothin' else planned. Dylan is apparently back in Europe in the autumn so thats a certainty if it happens.

Stones - US Tour. Don't know yet. Depends.
February 4th, 2005 12:54 PM
T&A Mac next week at Slim's
Dylan/Haggard x3 next month at Oakland Paramount

..that'll work for now...
February 4th, 2005 01:48 PM
bez85 Heavy Throbbers tonight in Gainesville Fla..
February 4th, 2005 04:15 PM
keith_tif INTERPOL in France in April
And next Stones' tour

I would like to see REM, Marianne FAITHFULL, NADASURF,
February 4th, 2005 04:22 PM
Poplar
Carlos Santana's Son Salvador is in town tomorrow night.
February 4th, 2005 08:25 PM
Gimme Shelter Social Distortion: Next week in Davis, CA.
Duran Duran: March, Sacramento, CA
U2: April, San Jose, CA
February 4th, 2005 08:46 PM
Nellcote Pinetop Perkins-Woonsocket, RI
BE THERE!
February 4th, 2005 09:11 PM
Soldatti Big shows?
No, I'm saving money for the Stones...
February 4th, 2005 10:28 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Motley Crue, Feb. 27, Corel Centre, Ottawa.

Shout at the Devil indeed!!!
February 5th, 2005 12:02 AM
Taptrick
-Modest Mouse tomorrow night (5 Feb)
-Considering Reverend Horton Heat but haven't made up my mind yet. Thoughts anyone?
February 5th, 2005 02:10 AM
HomerJRichards I've got tix to an all day outdoor fest here in Perth on the 19th of this month. Is going to be huge, featuring Willie Nelson (wonder if he'll sing Dead Flowers), Gretchen Wilson, David Byrne of Talking Heads fame, Michael Franti (very cool),Blondie, & the Doors of the 21st Century are headlining yaaaay! I was pleasantly surprised at how well Ian Astbury compliments the Doors music.

Also catching George Thoroughgood in March. Can't wait for that one.

Have also heard a rumour that John Fogerty is touring Australia later this year also. Will definitely check him out too if it eventuates.
February 5th, 2005 02:41 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
Taptrick wrote:
-Considering Reverend Horton Heat but haven't made up my mind yet. Thoughts anyone?

go see reverend heat, great shit

I saw ian mcclagen again last night

ole boy rocked the house down, liked his set list better this time, it seemed different than last time, 2nd set is more rock n roll-ish

can't get cindy incidently outta my head

dude sounds just like rod
February 5th, 2005 06:42 AM
Phog Elvis Costello next month at Cain's Ballroom.
Hopefully Dylan/Haggard sometime in April.
February 5th, 2005 07:57 AM
JaggerLips Is David Bowie up to touring again yet? I know he cut his Reality Tour short what with his heart and all. I hope he's back to his best soon.

I was thinking of seeing Franz Ferdinand but they look really bad live whenever I've seen them on tv. Think I'll just stick to listening to the cd!

Black Eyed Peas it they are touring I will see them.
February 5th, 2005 10:23 AM
justinkurian March 26th - Dylan in Los Angeles
March 27th - Black Crowes in NYC (just got 'em)

It's going to be one hell of a weekend.
February 5th, 2005 07:21 PM
Gimme Shelter [quote]JaggerLips wrote:
Is David Bowie up to touring again yet? I know he cut his Reality Tour short what with his heart and all. I hope he's back to his best soon.

This comes from his official website:

Rumours persist about DB playing European festival dates this summer. Normally I would ignore them, but even Rock & Folk are in on the act, apparently claiming that David will perform at this years Vieilles Charrues Festival in France.

There are currently no David Bowie live dates planned for 2005, but obviously you'll be the first to know if this situation changes.

February 6th, 2005 07:13 AM
JaggerLips
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
[quote]JaggerLips wrote:
Is David Bowie up to touring again yet? I know he cut his Reality Tour short what with his heart and all. I hope he's back to his best soon.

This comes from his official website:

Rumours persist about DB playing European festival dates this summer. Normally I would ignore them, but even Rock & Folk are in on the act, apparently claiming that David will perform at this years Vieilles Charrues Festival in France.

There are currently no David Bowie live dates planned for 2005, but obviously you'll be the first to know if this situation changes.

Guess we won't know until we hear it from the horses mouth. I know he lives for touring and I suppose the next time he pitches up on Friday Night With Jonathan Ross we'll know that he is going to announce a new tour. I think as soon as the doctors tell him it's ok for him to think about touring he will set the ball rolling.
Thanks Gimmie Shelter!
February 6th, 2005 07:24 AM
Sir Stonesalot >Considering Reverend Horton Heat but haven't made up my mind yet. Thoughts anyone?<

Yeah, GO!

Why would you even be "considering" it?
February 6th, 2005 12:41 PM
Taptrick
Stonesalot: I'm going, I'm going....it's mostly a money thing. The concert doesn't cost that much but things are really tight $-wise for a while.

Modest Mouse last night: Great show. Probably about 1,000 - 2,000 people in an abandoned movie theater in San Diego. Two bands opened: Love As Laughter and Cass McCombs. I think we walked in during the second band Love As Laughter. They were good and very wasted. Had a punk- Dead-like quality with a lot of guitar exploration. Modest Mouse rocked playing a lot of stuff off Good News for People Who Love Bad News: The World at Large, Bukowski ("who would want to be such an ass-hole"), Satin In a Coffin ("are you dead or are you sleeping") - surprisingly I did not hear Bury Me With It, Or The Ocean Breathes Salty...although I thought I heard the music to The Ocean Breathes Salty with different lyrics (perhaps experimentation). The band seemed buzzed and Isaac even referred to one of the members as "just having returned from a strange trip." They took ten minutes to return for an encore, which I thought was a bit pretentious but probably because they were busy partying in the back. Final song was "The Good Times are Killing Me" and it was a perfect closer for them. I never paid much attention to the song before but it has a new meaning for me now. Makes me picture someone or a group of friends having the time of their life/lives but at the same time they realize the level of partying is literally killing them. One final note: I thought their version of their hit song "Float On" was lacking. They didn't even attempt the guitar solo (and its only five different notes), whereas with the rest of the songs they were very on with obvious musical ability. Perhaps it was because their core audience has criticized the new stuff for being to pop and polished - and they were trying to purposely punk the song down to basics but I thought it could have been a lot better. Still a great show. Thanks to my friends Matt and Enrica for buying us the tickets for Christmas!

[Edited by Taptrick]
February 6th, 2005 12:48 PM
Gimme Shelter
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:

Guess we won't know until we hear it from the horses mouth. I know he lives for touring and I suppose the next time he pitches up on Friday Night With Jonathan Ross we'll know that he is going to announce a new tour. I think as soon as the doctors tell him it's ok for him to think about touring he will set the ball rolling.
Thanks Gimmie Shelter!

I managed to catch three of the Reality shows and they were incredible. I really hope he tours again too.
February 6th, 2005 02:03 PM
lotsajizz U-2 in Boston MA 5-28-05
the Dylan/Haggard show when they come to New England
that's it for now until more announce
February 6th, 2005 04:07 PM
Factory Girl Kings of Leon in 3 weeks.
February 6th, 2005 07:27 PM
Make It Funky Good topic.

Tegan & Sara on Feb. 17
Kings of Leon on March 3

I think there aren't many left that I havent seen.. Stevie Wonder, Willie Nelson and Bo Diddley.

Steve Earle is playing in town in March, but I saw him in Byron last year... good show btw.

Anyone get an extra ticket for the Sunday night show of the Crowes in NYC they'd like to sell me?

Cheers!
February 6th, 2005 07:51 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Some guys and a very cool gal (playing the lead guitar) at http://rocksoff.org/foro are preparing a series of seeeerious gigs as a tribute to the Rolling Stones here in Mexico City, the band is "Los Frijoles Rodantes" (The Rolling Beans)

Check some pix from the rehearsals yesterday (clik the image for more pix)

Cleik, Sergio and Tzonistac (the lead guitar babies)

Or go directly here http://www.rocksoff.org/foro/viewtopic.php?t=1599
February 6th, 2005 09:28 PM
Soldatti Thanks Gerardo.
February 6th, 2005 10:01 PM
Madafaka When The Rolling Beans will be touring in Argentina?
February 9th, 2005 10:48 AM
Saint Sway in February I am going to see:
Kings Of Leon
The Radiators

In March I am going to:
Gary Louris & Marc Olsen (Jayhawks reunion!)
Hubert Sumlin & Friends
Blue Floyd
The Allman Brothers
The Black Crowes (7 nights!!!!!!!!)
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood