ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Unknown artist - provided by Cucho Peñaloza
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: When did Keith loose his touch? Return to archive Page: 1 2
February 6th, 2005 11:44 AM
full moon Old, Arthritis, old, drugs, old, money, money, money, money, booze, booze, dope, drugs, money, etc
February 6th, 2005 11:58 AM
Moonisup
quote:
kath wrote:

no, not really. i get really tired of the keith bashing.....

it's not not bashing, it's true. and if you you can't hear that, I'm sorry for you
February 6th, 2005 12:01 PM
JaggerLips Keith losing his touch? HAHAHAHAH

Mick and Charlie in the Licks Tour were faultless. Charlie hit those dums with anger and determination and Mick really worked the floor and his larynx to the extremes. Mick is so fit he puts the young pretenders to shame!
Ronnie was great, Keith was great. I blame the sound! I don't beleive that they give anything less than what they are capable of on the night of a gig.
Didn't Charlie have a bad back? Mick's voice went and so a gig had to be cancelled? Keith and Ronnie had nothing wrong with them all tour.

What do people expect out of 3 60 odd year olds and a guy in his late 50s? They are fantastic for their ages!
February 6th, 2005 12:09 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
full moon wrote:
money, money, money, money, money, etc

Great posting!
February 6th, 2005 02:25 PM
kath
quote:
it's not not bashing, it's true. and if you you can't hear that, I'm sorry for you

don't be sorry for me, man. when i see the stones, i have the time of my life!!! i savor every magic moment.

when you've been playing with a band like the stones for 40+ years and been all over the damn world a thousand times and done all the shit he's done and lived through what he's lived through, if you can still drag your ass up on another thousand stages at 60+ years of age and play the way he plays, get back to me and tell me how your "touch" is doing.......
February 6th, 2005 02:38 PM
Moonisup I'm not paying €200, that's $250, for a band, that has shitty sound in stadiums and sometimes loses 2 guitarists during a songs, cos they forget which song they are playing
February 6th, 2005 02:44 PM
ResidentMule do we really need to make excuses? all this "gimme a break he's over 60" is crap - how much money is the guy making? I mean, he is old and he's definitly got some arthritis, I give him credit for doing what he does, but is this about giving him respect or is it about giving him sympathy (and lots and lots of money)?

Keith still have enough left him I'm sure that the next tour could be the best for him in the past decade, but the last one certainly wasn't.

you know, there's a lot of musicians who play their instruments all through their lives, even if they aren't prancing around on stage and making millions from it. there's a difference between a rockstar and a musician
February 6th, 2005 07:23 PM
White House Lawn >>done all the shit he's done and lived through what he's lived through<<

What's HE'S lived through? That's a laugh!

As a three-time Cancer survivor I have little pity for him when it comes to the fact that he's a drunk and a former junkie. He put--and PUTS--that shit in his body willingly.

It's not the "groovy" 60s or the "party-time" 70s anymore--a 60+ year old drunk in the year 2005 ain't that fucking cool.
February 6th, 2005 07:37 PM
LadyJane WHL..my deepest respect to you for beating that evil Cancer THREE times. Good for you!!

I'd like to point out, however, that alcoholism and drug addiction are also diseases. Let's not lose sight of that.

Some good points have been raised in this thread.

I hope the common ground we have is a deep respect for the musical gifts Keith has given to us and the hope that he will find the inner strength to do what he must do to play his ASS off next tour!!

LJ.

February 6th, 2005 11:15 PM
stonedinaustralia don't know about losing his touch but am sure he's lost or rather now has different motivation for playing music - i even sense he may have gained something in that he more than ever is simply motivated to be a musician (and quite a learned musicologist)- given his output lately tho it seems he might have little else to say from original tunes point of view or maybe he's just lost the need to have everyone else hear them

one thing he definitely lost (at about the same time he gave up the class A narcotics (more or less)and got into serious drinking was his upper register - those harmony vocals that made so many of the stones tunes fantastic was gone - with his "tom waits" boozers/crooners growl taking their place

that was a great loss but in a sense to be expected ones vocal chords just get slacker as time goes by especially when coupled with his booze and cigarette intake
February 7th, 2005 01:54 AM
gorda I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS THREAD!

AND YOU CALL YOURSELVES FANS????

He is only human, and he has flaws like everybody else.

I admire Keith for being a survivor!

I've read that the withdrawal symtoms from herion are excruciating! HE DID IT! He was able to overcome his drug addiction!

WE SHOULD ALL BE PROUD OF HIM!

February 7th, 2005 02:00 AM
gorda Although, I do agree that singing is not his forte, he can still make that guitar wail!!!

The fact that he still does what he does even with the arthritis is amazing!

He does because he loves it!

And, because he knows that his real fans appreciate him!
February 7th, 2005 11:09 PM
Bitch The true fans will pay whatever the price of a ticket - and be happy to get to as many shows as possible. Sure Keith's not perfect, but who knows how many more tours there will be? This could be the last time. Can't you see that they're human, and won't live forever??? Whatever shape they're in, it doesn't matter. As long as they're alive and still playing, they rock.
February 8th, 2005 01:36 AM
padre
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Whatever shape they're in, it doesn't matter.

Really? Then I think I'm not a real fan. Dammit. Always thought I was...
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood