ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Unknown artist - provided by Cucho Peñaloza
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Remake of great love making music. Return to archive
February 1st, 2005 08:52 PM
soundselectah My boyfriend just got me this new CD by Joe Cocker called "Heart and Soul." Cocker has remade the greatest love making songs in one album with all the voices from the rock era.. This is a great valentines gift.. has anyone heard this album yet?
February 1st, 2005 09:00 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The album is great, but tell me: Do you really like the version of Jealous Guy? I don't like it what a way to destroy a masterpiece but on the other hand what a great cover of Maybe I'm Amazed better than the original Macca creation!

In general is a B+ "soft rock/ballad" album
February 1st, 2005 09:01 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl BTW, Welcome to the clinic
February 2nd, 2005 11:20 AM
Saint Sway you don't need an album for quality love making

just put on "Slave" and set the track on repeat
February 2nd, 2005 01:37 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
you don't need an album for quality love making

No. But you might need a paper bag to put over someone's head just in case you had to wake up in bed with them the next morning.
February 2nd, 2005 02:04 PM
Saint Sway an evening of Jaegermeister shots can be just as effective as a paper bag
February 4th, 2005 04:28 PM
soundselectah VoodooChileInWOnder i do like that cover, but do you think pro tools were used alot in this album? I simply love One by U2.. does anyone have a fav. song on this album or one they hate because Joe Cocker remade it?
February 4th, 2005 06:47 PM
JumpingKentFlash
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
you don't need an album for quality love making

just put on "Slave" and set the track on repeat

Exactly. That's the way u-hu u-hu I like it.
February 5th, 2005 02:14 PM
Ten Thousand Motels THE GREAT LOVEMAKER.

February 6th, 2005 11:22 AM
JaggerLips
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
THE GREAT LOVEMAKER.

He looks like Julian Clary crossed with David Bowie!
February 7th, 2005 09:54 PM
soundselectah So I take it that all of you would make love to "Heart and Soul" by Joe Cocker!!! www.cocker.com
February 8th, 2005 02:51 AM
padre The Cocker website said about the new album: "making 12 classics his own". Nope. Johnny Cash got there first. After hearing Johnny's version of One, there really is no doubt about who's song is it.
I don't think that even Bono should touch that one anymore. It's Mr. Cash's property now.
February 8th, 2005 08:37 AM
nankerphelge Y'all said "cocker"
February 8th, 2005 05:58 PM
soundselectah It did say make those 12 classic songs his.. I didn't get that either!!! So i did dome resarch on cocker and this is what he has to say about that ", I’ve never approached another artist’s work unless I’ve thought I could bring something different and of my own to it - and I absolutely don’t mean that in an arrogant way. Rather, it’s that sometimes you know can bring a different kind of integrity to it, one that is respectful of and complements the original. I mean, why else would I think of attempting What’s Going On, which has already been done by Marvin so perfectly and so very beautifully? It’s not about trying to better something. It’s about trying to add a little flavour of your own.”
-what do you guys think?
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood