ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Unknown artist - provided by Cucho Peñaloza
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A new forbidden topic @ Rocks Off Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
January 31st, 2005 03:30 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
so there will not be a "MIU reaches 5K thread"

Guess not. I never saw any problem with them anyway. Silly perhaps but not fatal. To me it was just a way to recognize and say a kind of "thank you" to a poster. That's why I like birthday posts. Everyone needs a pat on the head once in a while....even though that may be silly. I'd rather have a pat on the head than a knife in the back any day of the week.
January 31st, 2005 03:33 PM
glencar MIU, when you pass that certain door, I will silently say, "MIU, congrats on 5K" over & over.
January 31st, 2005 03:33 PM
glencar Thanks, madafaka. NY is a lot warmer today!
January 31st, 2005 04:01 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

Of course! Because you are one of the few thinking and reasonable people around here

Thank you...obviously you've never seen one of my on-line Irish temper tantrums

LJ
January 31st, 2005 04:05 PM
glencar LJ, even I had to stay out of that one thread. Flame bait is never pretty.
January 31st, 2005 04:44 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Where's JB?
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
January 31st, 2005 05:15 PM
Trey Krimsin
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

LJ

I haven't seen them because I have my tantrum shields up. Gotta have some protection, ya know.
January 31st, 2005 05:23 PM
Moonisup
quote:
glencar wrote:
MIU, when you pass that certain door, I will silently say, "MIU, congrats on 5K" over & over.

thanks!
January 31st, 2005 05:43 PM
Madafaka
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
LJ

No, but really, I don't wanna see them either!
I'm in a good mood with Irish. I love St. Patrick's Day and the Kilkenny beer BTW, St. Patrick's Day is celebrated in Buenos Aires. Another excuse to drink beer, isn't it?
January 31st, 2005 05:51 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
St. Patrick's Day is celebrated in Buenos Aires. Another excuse to drink beer, isn't it?

1. Saint Patricks Day is celebrated everywhere.
2. Who needs an excuse to drink beer?
January 31st, 2005 06:03 PM
Madafaka SPD is celebrated since four or five years ago here. Is something relatively new for us.
And I was (or tried to be) a little sarcastic about the excuse to drink beer.
I drink beer almost everyday. I'm happy because Stella Artois now is made in Argentina since a month ago. I'm an excuses collector!

[Edited by Madafaka]
January 31st, 2005 07:10 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Where's JB? I really hope this thread didn't get under his thin skin.

Josh has decided to stop posting at Rocks Off until he receives the apologies he feels is owed to him.

As a gesture of goodwill, i volunteer myself to act as a liason between the angered parties as I communicate frequently with Josh.
January 31st, 2005 07:35 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Josh has decided to stop posting at Rocks Off until he receives the apologies he feels is owed to him.

As a gesture of goodwill, i volunteer myself to act as a liason between the angered parties as I communicate frequently with Josh.

Well I think that any "RULE" violates the spirit of Rock n Roll But that's just what I think. I realize that it is an impossible equation. Some rules have to exist.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
January 31st, 2005 07:50 PM
glencar If Joshy is stuck posting at just the one board, he'll go stir-crazy in no time. He'll be back. He's no good at transitioning.
January 31st, 2005 08:32 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
1. Saint Patricks Day is celebrated everywhere.

Not here (by non-Irish Dutch people I mean). I bet you at least 95% of our population has never even heard of it...
January 31st, 2005 08:57 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Not here (by non-Irish Dutch people I mean). I bet you at least 95% of our population has never even heard of it...

Oh, I don't believe that. If they've never heard of it than they must not read newspapers or books.
January 31st, 2005 09:15 PM
Angiegirl Still, it's true. And I've never read about it in any Dutch newspaper or book that I can recall. The first time I learned about it was online a few years back...
January 31st, 2005 09:40 PM
Madafaka Don't worry Angie, in Holland you don't need beer. You have better stuff

Do you know? This thread became in a sort of chat out of topic!
[Edited by Madafaka]
January 31st, 2005 09:48 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Who owes an apology and to whom? If a request to avoid the "congratulations Johnny for 167.89K posts" is offensive please get a life!

Specially to someone who posts blank messages, off-topic replies, non-sense emoticons, and posts the same link (100% off topic) in several not-related threads!!

Come on Voodoopug!! He owes the community apologies for flooding the board.

That does not mean that all of his posts are spam or flooding, I like the good ones, I really like them and I DO consider Josh a friend, I have had a phone conversation with him and several private e-mails since 2002.

I like him, trust me; but as friend and as co-moderator and as a regular (as I have also the rights as a regular-regular) I made just a request, in fact we did it and I think it was clear, and if it wasn't this couple of parragraphs are clear enough about the request and my comments.

Later I also requested him to avoid comparisons, that's all. He can post anytime he wants and he is NOT banned, but if he's gonna act like a prima donna asking for public or private apologies well it's a free world and there's plenty of boards on the net, and he has the popularity and the money to start a new one if he wants

However please consider the following a sincere apology if the way I wrote offended you Josh, please believe me it was not my intention to offend you. TRUS ME JB!

quote:
voodoopug wrote:

LOL VoodooPug - Anger? I'm happy and I don't think any of the moderators are angry about this.
January 31st, 2005 10:22 PM
Lavendar If Josh is UPSET? SHAME on Him! Whats that guys name that started his own board? {I once knew!?} And what about the JOEY?
January 31st, 2005 10:28 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl It's Maxlugar a very good friend of us, I really like him he's cooler than cool. We met him in NYC in 2002 and is a living party!

Joey is here posting the regular funny stuff and as jb are more than welcome to stay; Joey is a very fun guy

I want to meet them in the next tour or sooner.
January 31st, 2005 11:30 PM
kath it was a request to stop flooding the board, posting that whoever has the most posts is the best/biggest fan, blah blah blah.

as far as i know, nobody was asked to leave this board. and frankly, i don't think anybody said anything to josh that warrants this behavior or an "official apology".

but if that's the way he wants it, he's on sdb a lot, now has a laptaop for home use so he is posting on weekends over there too. so you can keep up with him there.
February 1st, 2005 02:50 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Still, it's true. And I've never read about it in any Dutch newspaper or book that I can recall. The first time I learned about it was online a few years back...

OK. I take your word for it. I just find it strange.
February 1st, 2005 05:11 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

LOL...it confirms Jb is 12 years old
February 1st, 2005 07:09 AM
Madafaka
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
LOL...it confirms Jb is 12 years old

With a ninety year old anus... Oh no, that's Joey!
February 1st, 2005 07:13 AM
Jumacfly LOL Madafaka

for jb's lovers:i was just kidding, no offense, but this post from voodoopug is so hilarious!
February 1st, 2005 09:45 AM
not bound to please
quote:

OK. I take your word for it. I just find it strange.

Oh my god TTM - what on earth is your new avatar? It's hilarious!
February 1st, 2005 10:05 AM
Joey
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

Joey is here posting the regular funny stuff and as jb are more than welcome to stay; Joey is a very fun guy

I want to meet them in the next tour or sooner.

Dinner at the " World Famous Rascal House " ?!?!?!

[ Edited by Rascal ]
[Edited by Joey]
February 1st, 2005 10:13 AM
Jumacfly Joey(resident cretin) rules you bastards
February 1st, 2005 10:14 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Joey(resident cretin) rules you bastards

Bless You Jumacfly
( Rocks Off Member )

Dinner at the " Rascal House " is on ME this tour .

Friskie & Stantz ! ™
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood