ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Unknown artist - provided by Cucho Peñaloza
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A new forbidden topic @ Rocks Off Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
February 2nd, 2005 06:55 PM
kath oh puleeeeze........
February 2nd, 2005 08:29 PM
Sir Stonesalot TTM, I gotta hand it to ya....you've come off with some pretty off the wall shit in your time here, in all of your various incarnations, but that right there ranks really near the top.

The admins here never once said that JB or Joey had to cut back on their posting. In fact, all 3 went out of their way to make sure that everyone knoew that this edict was not meant to single any single entity out. JB just ASSUMED it was all about him...as any good egoist would. And why would Joshy assume this was all about him? Could it be a guilty conscience? The admins here silenced no one. Josh did that of his own accord.

I can't believe that Josh got mad because the admins told EVERYONE that they actually have to put something other than an emoticon or a blank reply box into a post. I mean, what is the big deal? Is it too hard for him to actually post SOMETHING? And as for a "congratulations" post...did it never occur to him to just title it something else? Oy vey, vat a schmuck.

This whole thing is beyond retarded. If Josh wants to run away and pout because the admins have asked that we all be reasonable posters, then let him. It's his perogative to act like a spoiled brat if he wants. Besides, that's his schtick isn't it?

Just for the record, I've always like Josh. I still like Josh. I can't forsee NOT liking Josh in the future. And I feel the same way about Joey. Joey is a great guy. I think Josh and Joey fill a niche here at Rocks Off, a niche that makes this place unique. What they seem to fail to understand is that filling a niche does not mean splatter every thread with bullshit. They need to learn how to pick their spots. This is a really big cybercommunity. The VAST majority of that community does NOT want to be subjected to the JB/Joey show in every thread. They do not want the hassle of having to scroll through post after retarded post of nothing simply to find relevant info and on topic posts. There are lots of people who enjoy the JB/Joey show too, and that's cool. I think that reasonable people can figure out how to co-exist here. There is plenty of room for JB/Joey to do their thing without inflicting themselves on those people who don't want to put up with their shenanigans. They need to know their place.

Regardless what they may think, Rocks Off is much much more than the JB/Joey show. And anyone who think of this place like that is selling this board short. I think the admins are just trying to show that to everyone.
February 2nd, 2005 09:41 PM
seclusion TTM wrote: --is that everyone is jealous about JB's post totals.--

Not true! I'm jealous of gypsy!
February 2nd, 2005 10:02 PM
kath oh, i think we're ALL jealous of gypsy!!!!! i know i am!!!
February 2nd, 2005 10:17 PM
Sir Stonesalot "Jealous" isn't the word that pops into my head when I think of Gypsy......
February 2nd, 2005 10:41 PM
voodoopug I wonder how this topic has reached eleven pages if jb is so despised?
February 2nd, 2005 10:47 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
"Jealous" isn't the word that pops into my head when I think of Gypsy......

LOLOL yes I am NOT jelous about the lovely Gypsy

BTW, thanks so much for those words Sir I couldn't say iy clearer than that

February 2nd, 2005 10:50 PM
kath nobody said he was despised on this board. nobody.

some people "get" him. i don't. but that's between me and josh and i have said that this board has had enough of the josh/kath war.

i don't think anybody despises him. and it certainly is not what the administrators said when this thread started.

i think we need to move on. maybe close the thread. too many people are getting hurt.
February 2nd, 2005 10:51 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Other comment, because of the technical problems with the automatic e-mails when receiveing PMs we of course tolerate those "Check PM" threads. We use to delete them when they are in the third page to avoid them in the archives.

However if you already receive a reply and the thread is not necessary anymore you can delete your own threads when you started, so please help us to maintain the archives clean
February 3rd, 2005 07:37 AM
Gazza
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
BTW, thanks so much for those words Sir I couldn't say it clearer than that

agreed 100%
February 3rd, 2005 07:53 AM
Zeeta I think the board admins did the right thing clearly. It's a No Brainer.
When I come here I have to scroll through, literally these days, thousands of Israel flags and weird stuff that is completely irrelevant and unfunny (personally it doesn't wouldn't make anyone laugh that I know.)

To a person who doesn't know JB and Joey personally it is
certainly a no brainer. I'm sure they are cool as fuck in "real life" but here the're not at their best I'm sure. Maybe I'll meet them one day and buy them a beer or three but here on a Rolling Stones Message Board it's gettin flooded man.

Having to scroll through shite posts to get to some good decent news or a nice juicy, meaty post with opinions and intelligence is/was a hassle and something had to be done.

T'was and thanks guys!

That's my take - you don't like it? Blow me!
February 3rd, 2005 08:37 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
The admins here never once said that JB or Joey had to cut back on their posting. In fact, all 3 went out of their way to make sure that everyone knoew that this edict was not meant to single any single entity out. JB just ASSUMED it was all about him...as any good egoist would. And why would Joshy assume this was all about him? Could it be a guilty conscience?

Well....Everything will be allright, these types of things always have a way of working themselves out.

February 3rd, 2005 09:05 AM
Joey
quote:
kath wrote:
enough time and space has been spent on the josh/kath war. on with the show.

Kath .....................................

What if our Baby Josh , the one we both love so much , should happen to " Pass to the Other Side " in the wee wee hours some evening ?!?!?!

How ' Could You Sleep ? ' knowing that you never made the attempt to apologize to him ?!?!

Developing ..................................

Shiver ....................................

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

The Jacky ! ™
February 3rd, 2005 10:28 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

Kath .....................................

What if our Baby Josh , the one we both love so much , should happen to " Pass to the Other Side " in the wee wee hours some evening ?!?!?!

How ' Could You Sleep ? ' knowing that you never made the attempt to apologize to him ?!?!

Developing ..................................

Shiver ....................................

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

The Jacky ! ™

i am very sad
February 3rd, 2005 10:42 AM
voodoopug I have just been informed that this could all be sorted out with jb if kath51 (dont shoot me, i am just the messenger!) and JumpingKentFlash would reach out and attempt reconciliation.

Joey needs us to work this out.
February 3rd, 2005 11:28 AM
not bound to please http://my.webmd.com/content/article/91/101352.htm
February 3rd, 2005 11:36 AM
voodoopug This will not bode well for welcoming jb back!
February 3rd, 2005 11:37 AM
Nasty Habits WORD, Zeeta!

If someone saying something rude to JB will keep him off the message board in a fit of drama queenery and confine the JB & Joey show to this thread then just let me say:

JB, I don't despise you as a human being, but I have come to despise you as a poster.

And I'm not sorry.

February 3rd, 2005 11:41 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
WORD, Zeeta!

If someone saying something rude to JB will keep him off the message board in a fit of drama queenery and confine the JB & Joey show to this thread then just let me say:

JB, I don't despise you as a human being, but I have come to despise you as a poster.

And I'm not sorry.

as i have promised, i have forwarded the message to him.
February 3rd, 2005 11:43 AM
Nasty Habits TIA!
February 3rd, 2005 11:45 AM
voodoopug from jb:

"Tell nasty habits that my kids are going to camp in North Carolina, and since he doesn't despise me as a person, can he give me directions to the camp?"

i beleive he is reaching out.
February 3rd, 2005 11:49 AM
Nasty Habits What's the name of the camp?

Tell him Camp Crybaby is at his house already.
February 3rd, 2005 12:11 PM
Nasty Habits http://www.camppinewood.net/
February 3rd, 2005 12:13 PM
Nasty Habits It's either that or this:

http://www.clubhairspray.com/clubhairspray.html

February 3rd, 2005 12:17 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
I think the board admins did the right thing clearly. It's a No Brainer.
When I come here I have to scroll through, literally these days, thousands of Israel flags and weird stuff that is completely irrelevant and unfunny (personally it doesn't wouldn't make anyone laugh that I know.)

To a person who doesn't know JB and Joey personally it is
certainly a no brainer. I'm sure they are cool as fuck in "real life" but here the're not at their best I'm sure. Maybe I'll meet them one day and buy them a beer or three but here on a Rolling Stones Message Board it's gettin flooded man.

Having to scroll through shite posts to get to some good decent news or a nice juicy, meaty post with opinions and intelligence is/was a hassle and something had to be done.

T'was and thanks guys!

Great post Zeeta!!!
agree 100%..
instead of having a private messenger jb should take his balls right here and give us more explanations about how he feels...
Anyway jb, be proud to have such a nice and great friend called Joey!!!
February 3rd, 2005 12:39 PM
Madafaka
quote:
Zeeta wrote:

100% agreed. All excuses are good to receive a BJ! Hahaha!
February 3rd, 2005 01:30 PM
kath i told a friend here on the board that i would not post for a while to see if that makes this shit settle. i just want to say that when a person makes up a persona or an identity for bords like this, or cruising the net, or pickin' up little kids online, for whatever reason, they have to remember what they've said to whom. the old saying "oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive" fits josh perfectly. he's told too many lies. everybody has heard a different version of who josh "really is."

personally, i don't care. i just got really tired of flags, eagles,and bullshit. i've "reached out" to josh on multiple occasions, offered him an MT cd he didn't have, plead with him to go see a doctor, blah blah blah.

i hope this settles down and we can get on with being a really silly, fun stones board. the funnest one around.
February 3rd, 2005 01:36 PM
voodoopug
quote:
kath wrote:
i told a friend here on the board that i would not post for a while to see if that makes this shit settle. i just want to say that when a person makes up a persona or an identity for bords like this, or cruising the net, or pickin' up little kids online, for whatever reason, they have to remember what they've said to whom. the old saying "oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive" fits josh perfectly. he's told too many lies. everybody has heard a different version of who josh "really is."

personally, i don't care. i just got really tired of flags, eagles,and bullshit. i've "reached out" to josh on multiple occasions, offered him an MT cd he didn't have, plead with him to go see a doctor, blah blah blah.

i hope this settles down and we can get on with being a really silly, fun stones board. the funnest one around.

i will forward your kind words to him.
February 3rd, 2005 01:51 PM
Starbuck
quote:
i told a friend here on the board that i would not post for a while to see if that makes this shit settle."

kath, seriously. don't jump ship because joshie has a burr in his briefs. both he and joey are assets to this and other boards; however, they both need to be reined in every now and then. if the josh character wants to pull his third grade "everybody hates me so i'm going to take my ball and go home until they apologize" schtick, then good for him. but remember, all it is is a schtick. don't take it seriously. just like the beatle thing, just like the "kiss my ass because i make more money a year than the GDP of some african countries" thing.

February 3rd, 2005 01:51 PM
voodoopug from jb to kath:

tell her that I have never lied and that those who have met me(for example lj) can attest to my wealth. Beg her to apologize as I was here first and she invaded...
[Edited by voodoopug]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood