ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Unknown artist - provided by Cucho Peņaloza
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A new forbidden topic @ Rocks Off Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
January 26th, 2005 09:51 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This is to inform you that by unanimous decision for the time being we don't want threads to congratulate the regulars for reaching an amount of posts.

BTW, the decision was taken when Gazza reached 5K and it's not related with the recent "Joey's 14K"

Unfortunately we cannot hide the number of posts in the user information but probably in the future we will move to a better format and will hide this option as it does not add anything. We have regulars with less than 50 messages an a real valuable contribution to the community.

We don't want to "reward" the user by giving a better rank because of the amount of posts as this promotes flooding and you know what we mean, on the contrary we have posted some "ranks" as "Overpaid Layabout" or "Resident Cretin" with no results.

This does not mean anything against Joey or JB if this would be the case the banning option is simpler. We don't want flooding and that's all.

We need to redirect this to a worth reading message board as simple as this.

Thanks for your understanding

Sincerely
Jaxx, Gazza and Voodoo
January 26th, 2005 10:01 PM
kath excellent. thank you all!
January 26th, 2005 10:04 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Please read this jb is for you

1.- If you make another comparison with other regulars based only in the amount of posts like you use to do (*)

or

2.- If you post blank messages or repeat the same message saying that you have a technical problems (which is impossible as you need to wait 60 seconds to post another message), if you post only to flood etc

The first thing will be "prune the fucker" and if you insist it will be "ban the fucker"

(*) Nobody and I mean nobody has more or less rights in this community just because of the amount of posts or the years of register.

Get the picture?

Note: this message was written by me and will need my partners in crime concurrence

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
January 26th, 2005 10:05 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
kath wrote:
excellent. thank you all!

You're welcome honey!!
January 26th, 2005 10:05 PM
Soldatti Good decision.
January 26th, 2005 10:08 PM
moy bravo
January 26th, 2005 10:33 PM
Poplar
While this move reeks of wussy liberal "let's not hurt anyone's feelings" political correctness, i think it's a good move. Why? Because the thought of someone boasting about their dependence on a message board leaves me unsettled, and I'm tired of being embarrassed FOR them.

seriously - good move.
January 26th, 2005 11:11 PM
Madafaka I always have thought that the amount of posts is a very stupid thing. People misunderstand the number of posts with the power that they feel that they have. Yes, very sad.
This is the best decision ever.
January 27th, 2005 01:53 AM
kahoosier Not that it means much, but you have my support for this Voodoo
January 27th, 2005 02:46 AM
UGot2Rollme good move - it's not the quantity, but the quality that counts - let's hope that the Stones prove that with their next CD, too.
January 27th, 2005 07:27 AM
gypsy
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
I always have thought that the amount of posts is a very stupid thing. People misunderstand the number of posts with the power that they feel that they have. Yes, very sad.
This is the best decision ever.

They are only being sarcastic...they don't REALLY believe in quantity over quality...it's a joke.
January 27th, 2005 08:34 AM
Jaxx
quote:
gypsy wrote:
They are only being sarcastic...they don't REALLY believe in quantity over quality...it's a joke.

the joke is not funny. this board is flooded. leave for a while and come back. you'll see what i mean. news gets reposted because it gets buried in the flood. it would be delightful if we could stay on topic (what is defined as on topic has expanded quite a bit these last 6 years or so....)and post thoughtful responses related to the thread.

January 27th, 2005 08:38 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Sarcastic my ass (in the literal sense LOL)... Come one Gypsy! Let me tell ya that some regulars don't take that as a sarcasm... jb is so serious when telling the regulars not to compare with him just because they have less than, let say 1k

Joey and jb are our friends and they of course are welcome but this is going toooo far and it's time to stop

I have the impression that they are not going to reply here unless it's a flag or an emoticon

January 27th, 2005 08:46 AM
Madafaka
quote:
gypsy wrote:

In that case, the sense of humor that they have isn't funny for me. I'm not talking about JB or JOEY, I'm talking about every person who put threads like "Congrats on my 7K posts!" or that kind of stuff. Any person who has time can flood, is not needed much more that time. JOEY or JB are funny with another kind of things. Mostly JOEY IMO.
It is not possible every day to be funny and sarcastic. Sometimes I think that it boring.
I don't want to begin a discussion with nobody, this is only my point of view.

[Edited by Madafaka]
January 27th, 2005 08:55 AM
JumpingKentFlash This was also the case over at IORR. OK, it was nowhere near as bad as here, and I was one of the flooders for sure. I got corrected and now I keep my posts at a way lesser daily count. This really helps to get the board back to being about the Stones. It's a good idea Voodoo, Jaxx and Gazza. Hats of to ya.
January 27th, 2005 09:10 AM
LadyJane Wait a minute. I'll take a jew list, an emoticon spree or song lyrics over the hateful Euro vs American political fights ANY day!!

There is animosity all over this Board of late. I'd like to see that addressed.

This is outrageous...let's all slam joey and jb!! I refuse!!!

LJ.
January 27th, 2005 09:22 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Don't mix subjects Ladyjane, we need to solve more than one problem but this is becoming pathetic

With those threads (i.e. USA.vs.Europe) we just delete the whole thing as soon as we find them.

Please show us something sicker right now here at the board all the crap is gone but the flooding it's a day-to-day problem

January 27th, 2005 09:32 AM
gypsy
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Don't mix subjects Ladyjane, we need to solve more than one problem but this is becoming pathetic

With those threads (i.e. USA.vs.Europe) we just delete the whole thing as soon as we find them.

Please show us something sicker right now here at the board all the crap is gone but the flooding it's a day-to-day problem

No. It's not all gone, Voodoo. Could you check your PM?
January 27th, 2005 09:46 AM
Madafaka Can somebody send me a PM? I wanna be in the mysterious circle too! LOL! Just kiddin'
January 27th, 2005 09:49 AM
LadyJane Just stating my opinion, Voodoo!

I'm very sorry this could not have been solved privately although I'm sure all parties involved exhausted that avenue.

LJ.

January 27th, 2005 09:52 AM
jb Voodoo, if you actual think that I care about how many posts I have in comparison to others, you, sadly, don't get it either. It seems to me that there is a certain group here that resents the fact that Joey and I (particularly me) enjoy goofing around on the board. Some appreciate our sense of humor, others hate it. Unlike other boards, the administrators here have been very tolerant -atleast until now. I wonder what the resal reason behind this decsision, It's funny, some guys can pst the most hate anti-jew thing, and not a complaint from anyone...yet a bunch of fucking emoticons and a sarcastic "Congratulations" post raise your eyebrows...I've spoken to all three of you through e-mail and even telephone conversations with Jaxx, and I think by now you would understand the fun I have here at the board. I am disappointed by your decision and find it ironiuc considering what you went through just a few months ago regarding board wars. You may be getting some very bad advice from people I have had problems with on this board or other boards, and you should be able to discern what is appropriate and whay is not for you board without any peer pressure.
Lastly, I would like to thank Lady Jane, Gypsy, and a few others who while teasing me all the time, understand what it's all about.

P.S.-Jaxx, I disagree with you as well.....when times are slow, Joey and I keep things going here. I also want to thank Gazza, who at least tells me to my face to fuck off when I go too far, and doesn't hold it against me.....that's called a friend...
P.S.S.-I shall not be attending the Chicago Rocks off Summit ...I apologize to Pam.LJ, Gypsy, Tele, Pug and my other friends, but this is just too much!!!! You are all welcome to see me in Miami and New York...I will advise you beforehand what hotel I will be staying at and will be wearing a black hugo boss 3 button tuxedo before the show.
[Edited by jb]
January 27th, 2005 10:10 AM
Joey
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Sarcastic my ass (in the literal sense LOL)... Come one Gypsy! Let me tell ya that some regulars don't take that as a sarcasm... jb is so serious when telling the regulars not to compare with him just because they have less than, let say 1k

Joey and jb are our friends and they of course are welcome but this is going toooo far and it's time to stop

I have the impression that they are not going to reply here unless it's a flag or an emoticon

Does this mean that dinner at the " World Famous Rascal House " is OFF ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

.....and then , Depression set in Ronnie !

( cue Bernstein music )

J
January 27th, 2005 10:31 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
jb wrote:
Voodoo, if you actual think that I care about how many posts I have in comparison to others, you, sadly, don't get it either.

No jb, I don't give a fuck about it you are the one who don't get it.

It's not the way you flood the board with non-sense emoticons, empty messages, repeated replies of simply off-topic

No... it's the way you feel power and give nasty replies to people just because you have more posts, if you think they all get it as a joke let me tell you they don't

January 27th, 2005 10:38 AM
Jaxx the problem is too large to be handled privately, lj. and this is not a bash joey/jb show either. its not that we "don't get it". we get it. its called flooding and from an administrators view point, its a friggin night mare. i've always been a hard ass about the flooding, flaming and potty talk you all seem to enjoy. this is a ROLLING STONES APPRECIATION BOARD after all. me and the guys agreed that this has become a huge community and off stones topics will be allowed. instead of making a public issue about it, like i have in the past, i simply ignore those off topic threads i find offensive. and yeah, i get a laugh about waitress jill, joeys flatulence, josh's jewishness. its entertaining, BUT the point is that THERE IS FLOODING going on in these off topic threads as well. quite frankly it is hard to follow a discussion. here is a clear example of the type of thing we are trying to put a lid on: see http://novogate.com/board/968/207898-1.html

the topic is mick in the bahamas. some of these posts in this thread are uncalled for.

the board automatically saves page three to an archive. ideally we could give page three a haircut, but hey, we have a life and we can't stay on top of all the chitter chatter. the archives are literally flooded. i hope our rent doesn't go up!

this is not meant to be offensive. we don't mean to alienate anybody here. a tour is coming up. it would be nice if this board could accomodate tour news, sightings, boots and torrents without having to get out the shovel to dig through the bullshit.

[Edited by Jaxx]
January 27th, 2005 10:40 AM
Nellcote Long Live Rocks Off!!

Hey, BTW, I just got a Showtime Rotisserie!
Ron Popiel is "Wicked Pissa"!

Sorry, just looking to lighten up this thread...
January 27th, 2005 10:44 AM
jb
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
the problem is too large to be handled privately, lj. and this is not a bash joey/jb show either. its not that we "don't get it". we get it. its called flooding and from an administrators view point, its a friggin night mare. i've always been a hard ass about the flooding, flaming and potty talk you all seem to enjoy. this is a ROLLING STONES APPRECIATION BOARD after all. me and the guys agreed that this has become a huge community and off stones topics will be allowed. instead of making a public issue about it, like i have in the past, i simply ignore those off topic threads i find offensive. and yeah, i get a laugh about waitress jill, joeys flatulence, josh's jewishness. its entertaining, BUT the point is that THERE IS FLOODING going on in these off topic threads as well. quite frankly it is hard to follow a discussion. here is a clear example of the type of thing we are trying to put a lid on: see http://novogate.com/board/968/207898-1.html

the topic is mick in the bahamas. some of these posts in this thread are uncalled for.

the board automatically saves page three to an archive. ideally we could give page three a haircut, but hey, we have a life and we can't stay on top of all the chitter chatter. the archives are literally flooded. i hope our rent doesn't go up!

this is not meant to be offensive. we don't mean to alienate anybody here. a tour is coming up. it would be nice if this board could accomodate tour news, sightings, boots and torrents without having to get out the shovel to dig through the bullshit.

[Edited by Jaxx]

I am extremely disappointed in you and I don't think we will be seeing each other in March!!!
January 27th, 2005 10:46 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
jb wrote:
Unlike other boards, the administrators here have been very tolerant -atleast until now. I wonder what the resal reason behind this decsision

The good news, the information and many other worth reading threads get buried by irrelevant discussions

quote:
jb wrote:
It's funny, some guys can pst the most hate anti-jew thing, and not a complaint from anyone...yet a bunch of fucking emoticons and a sarcastic "Congratulations" post raise your eyebrows...

We are tolerant jb, and we immediately delete any anti-anything not just anti-jew post, please give us an example of we allowing those threads... please! Come on we always deleted immediately but we have jobs, hobbies and families so sometimes even that we have the European and American schedules we can't delete as soon as they appear

quote:
jb wrote:
I've spoken to all three of you through e-mail and even telephone conversations with Jaxx, and I think by now you would understand the fun I have here at the board.

We had also a telephone conversation and if you read again I do consider you a friend and I think you too, but you see how many of your empty messages and off-topic replies are deleted and you insist. Please get this point: Do not flood as flood is a spam

quote:
jb wrote:
I am disappointed by your decision and find it ironiuc considering what you went through just a few months ago regarding board wars. You may be getting some very bad advice from people I have had problems with on this board or other boards, and you should be able to discern what is appropriate and whay is not for you board without any peer pressure.

It's not my decision it was our decision and was unanimous and it was taken with absolutely no pressure by the regulars.

quote:
jb wrote:
Lastly, I would like to thank Lady Jane, Gypsy, and a few
others who while teasing me all the time, understand what it's all about.

I want to thank them again and again, Ilove them!

quote:
jb wrote:
P.S.-Jaxx, I disagree with you as well.....when times are slow, Joey and I keep things going here. I also want to thank Gazza, who at least tells me to my face to fuck off when I go too far, and doesn't hold it against me.....that's called a friend...

LOL I have told you to fuck off many times in private and in public and I still consider you a very good friend.

If the things are slow it's normal we don't need to post shit just to give get more posts, most of the people here come here for news, information and fun

quote:
jb wrote:
P.S.S.-I shall not be attending the Chicago Rocks off Summit ...I apologize to Pam.LJ, Gypsy, Tele, Pug and my other friends, but this is just too much!!!! You are all welcome to see me in Miami and New York...I will advise you beforehand what hotel I will be staying at and will be wearing a black hugo boss 3 button tuxedo before the show.

Read and re-read this paragraph and please analize it, be objective and get your own conclusion.
January 27th, 2005 10:46 AM
glencar Well, this whole thing disappoints me. I have ahd problems with Joshy in the past & yes, he can be insufferable but he's so goddam funny. I've been through surgery recently & I needed the laughs that he, Joey & others provided. I hope those who sent all these emails to you have the balls to announce who they are. And beforehand let me tell them that they really fucking suck.
January 27th, 2005 10:49 AM
Jaxx
quote:
jb wrote:
I feel like I have more power b/c of my posts..lol..Do me a favor, erase all my post totals asap....I start off at 0 and I'm sure some will still find reasons to dislike....also, I didn't appreciate your post on that other board......I have been the subject of many a hateful post and no one seems to care....I have nothing against anyone , any country, or any religion.....You should know better!!!

whose post and which board are you talking about?

its too late to start at zero. LOL. empowered by posts? i wish i could be so lucky! those of us that know you, jb, understand your humour. but lets face it, you have been and you continue to cultivate a controversial personality. those that are unaware of your sense of humor initially find you offensive. but that's part of your "charm", isn't it? i don't know if its attractive to hot asian women, tho. ;-)
January 27th, 2005 10:50 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Well, this whole thing disappoints me. I have ahd problems with Joshy in the past & yes, he can be insufferable but he's so goddam funny. I've been through surgery recently & I needed the laughs that he, Joey & others provided. I hope those who sent all these emails to you have the balls to announce who they are. And beforehand let me tell them that they really fucking suck.

You have turned out to be a dam good guy!!! Get well soon.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood