ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Blondies have more fun!
America West Arena - Phoenix - January 30, 2003

By Little Red Rooster
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Should we critisize the STONES? Return to archive
02-11-03 06:19 PM
VOODOOSEBI HI THERE!

FIRST OF ALL I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THANK YOU TO ALL ROCKS OFF MEMBERS, IT IS ALWAYS A PLEASURE TO VISIT THIS MESSAGE BOARD.I VISIT IT DAILY. UNFORTUNATELY MY ENGLISH IS SO BAD, THAT I ALMOST NEVER DO MY OWN POSTS.

TO MY OWN PERSON IN SHORT WORDS. I AM A 25 YEAR OLD STUDENT FROM GERMANY, AND I AM A STONES FAN NOW FOR 14 YEARS (SINCE I SAW THE FIRST BROADCAST PICTURES FROM THE STEEL WHEELS TOUR.)I HAVE SEEN 25 CONCERTS ALL OVER AMERICA & EUROPE (SUCH AS HANNOVER 90,95,98, L.A. + Oakland 97, Paris 98, London 99, AMsterdam 99 & PHILLY 2002 ALL THREE, NY GIANTS + MSG.....)I HAVE OVER 600 BOOTLEGS ... THE THING I TELL THAT IS, THAT I NOT A STUPID JERK WHO THINKS HE CAN CRITISIZE THE GREATEST ROCK`N�ROLL BAND. BUT NOW SOME THOUGHTS

1.I THINK FOR ME (AS A POOR STUDENT) THE TICKET PRICES ARE MUCH TO HIGH. IN GERMANY DOUBLE PRICE THAN 98. I THINK THE STAGE IS NOT MORE EXPENSIVE THAN THE BRIDGES STAGE. IT EVEN LOOKS MUCH CHEAPER TO ME.

2. ESPACIALLY THE STADIUM SET LIST IS VERY BORING. ALMOST A GREATEST HITS SHOW.

3.EVEN THE ARENA SHOWS HAVE NO REAL SUPRISES ANYMORE. WHAT ABOUT A REGGEA EVENING OR A DIRTY WORK SHOW. YOU CAN`T CALL IT A LET IT BLEED SHOW WHEN YOU PLAY THREE SONGS FROM ONE OF THE BEST ALBUMS.

4.THEY SHOULD RISK TO PLAY MORE UNFAMILIAR SONGS (LIKE AT ROSELAND) OR PLAY MORE SONGS AT ALL-SO THEY CAN PLAY ALL THE HITS AND SOME RARETIES AND EVERYBODY GETS HIS SATISFACTION.

5.THERE ARE TOO MANY MISTAKES IN THE SONGS. FOR EXAMPLE THE INTERLUDE IN IF YOU CAN`T ROCK ME, HAND OF FATE, THRU AND THRU THE START OF THE FASTER SECTION AND SO ON. I THINK THEY HAVE RAISED THEIR QUALITY OF PLAYING FOR THE LAST TOURS. BUT I THINK THE BRIDGES & SECURITY TOUR WAS THE TOP AND THE LICKS TOUR IS SIMILAR BUT NOT BETTER.

6.ONLY 4 ARENA SHOWS IN EUROPE (I THINK IT`S BECAUSE NOBODY HERE WOULD PAY 350 DOLLAR FOR A SEAT) SO YOU HAVE TO STADIUMS TO MAKE MONEY.

I WOULD LIKE TO DISCUSS THAT WITH YOU.
THANKS AND BLESS ALL ROCKS OFF MEMBERS

SEBI
02-11-03 06:41 PM
Angiegirl You're right in some things, but these things have been discussed over and over already over here. I don't agree with you that Licks is similar to previous tours in quality, but ask me again after I've seen them this year in Holland and France...They are sounding very good on the bootlegs I've heard. You have to be and stay realistic in your setlist wishes I think. We'll see how the tour develops in Australia, East and Europe...

BTW: your english is not that bad, and as long as we get the meaning of your posts, it's ok.
Welcome to RO!!
02-11-03 07:02 PM
littleredrooster I had the pleasure to attend 13 shows on this tour including Aragon, Wiltern and The Joint in Las Vegas.
And 55 shows since '64.
Before and during each show I wished for some new,obscure songs or even a guest by Mick Taylor.
It didn't happen! BUT each time the electricity builds before they take the stage and Keith wails out the first notes of their opening song, then the roller coaster ride begins!
AND ALL IS FORGIVEN!
In the heat of the moment YOU ARE A PART OF HISTORY in the making!
The Rolling Stones on stage in front of you assaulting your auditory, visual, banal, and sexual faculties!!!
HOT ROCKS ??? WHO CARES!!!!!!

Long LIVE THE GREATEST Band in the WORLD!
Cause when they are GONE...there will NEVER be another!

Roostah
[Edited by littleredrooster]
02-11-03 09:38 PM
throbby Well said littleredrooster
02-12-03 10:31 AM
VOODOOSEBI THANKS FOR YOUR ANSWERS. I WAS A BIT NERVOUS WITH MY FIRST POST

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST