ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Blondies have more fun!
America West Arena - Phoenix - January 30, 2003

By Little Red Rooster
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NEW EVIDENCE FOR 2004 U.S. SHOWS Return to archive
02-10-03 07:38 PM
EthanWickedAsHeSeems IORR has provided a link for Mark Fisher studios:
http://www.stufish.co.uk/Studio.html

Apparently, a link on that page describes the Licks Tour as being from 2002-2004. If anyone has knowledge of a 2004 U.S. section, it is this man...I dont think he would make that sort of a mistake on his page being such a detail oriented person. IORR also cites statements dropped by Keith and Mick recently that hint to them being back soon. IMHO, this is not conclusive, but still provides strong evidence for a 2004 states tour.
02-10-03 09:28 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I also posted a commitment they have, a fact: They will be back
02-11-03 01:13 AM
Dan I wouldn't make too much of it, only because the same site lists the No Security tour as 1998. Weird, in 1999 I was hoping they just wouldn't come back just because I couldn't fathom spending that much money again but since the goods were so much better this time I can't wait to see them again.
02-11-03 07:27 AM
Maxlugar So it says the Licks Tour is from 2002 to 2004?

That doesn't mean they are touring the U.S. 2002 to 2004. They probably are refering to Asia or something.

02-11-03 08:53 AM
Boomhauer I think the STones are coming back.....

but couldn't it just be a typo???
02-11-03 10:23 AM
Joey Look at all the cities in the USA they missed :

Memphis
St. Louis ( Chuck Berry's Crib )
Kansas City
Minneapolis
Milwaukee
Dallas

....................etc .

Those are some very big paydays !
02-11-03 10:38 AM
jb Lincoln, Nebraska
02-11-03 10:43 AM
Joey Lincoln, Nebraska "

Josh , you make young Joey giggle .................
02-11-03 11:08 AM
VirginiaMonkeyMan I think the French and Germans are going to need more evidence!;-)
02-11-03 03:49 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
VirginiaMonkeyMan wrote:
I think the French and Germans are going to need more evidence!;-)

LOL!!!
02-11-03 05:52 PM
T&A I've said it before and I'm sure I'll feel a need to say it again - the Stones will be back in the good ol' USofA before their next extended break. It may be this fall, it may be 2004, it may be both. They WILL be back. Count on it.

Is this based on any "inside" information? No. Is it based on any comments by the band or other public information? No.

It is based on following the pulse of this band for 30 years - you get a "feel" after awhile. They WILL be back.
[Edited by T&A]
02-11-03 06:15 PM
Gazza >So it says the Licks Tour is from 2002 to 2004?
That doesn't mean they are touring the U.S. 2002 to 2004. They probably are refering to Asia or something.

well..they'll have Asia pretty much covered in April,Maxy. Theres not that many markets there anyway for them,so I cant see them playing places like Pakistan,Iran or whats left of Iraq come 2004. They also havent played South America and Mexico yet and those are definitely places thay want to play but didnt this year for economic reasons. Its very likely they will be in that part of the world this time next year.

they'll be back in North America after Europe - whether its late 2003 or (more plausible) in the first half of 2004.. I've always thought they would. as I said before,Mick said the 2004 portion of the tour was being discussed on the day of the New york press conference. I think they'll take the rest of 2003 off after September and re-group early in 2004.

Looks like YOTI may be turning out to be an annual thing, at this rate.
02-11-03 06:18 PM
Child of the Moon Don't forget Portland, Oregon! I didn't leave Boise just to see concerts in Tacoma! Bring 'em on home to me!
02-11-03 06:45 PM
Angiegirl They are going to rehearse before Europe, in Europe (Holland?)...Would be great to hear them rehearse again outside the studio in Amsterdam.
02-12-03 08:41 AM
Maxlugar My sources deep, DEEP!, within the Rolling Stones organization tell me they will be playing a liberated Baghdad come summer of 2003.

Mick: "Hey Welcome...welcome Baghdad, welcome Basara...and welcome to everyone come in from the desert, hope your having a good time rubbin' some lamps and riding some carpets 'cause your all welcome...LET'S SPEND THE NIGHT TOGETHER!!

Keith later in the show: "Hey how ya doin' Baghdad? It's good to be here, it's good to be anywhere" (for the 973rd time but it's the first time for them so they laugh)

Maxy!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST