ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Blondies have more fun!
America West Arena - Phoenix - January 30, 2003

By Little Red Rooster
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith's Fingers Return to archive
02-10-03 05:58 PM
Stray Cat I think the swelling has gone down . It certainly dosent seem so prominent on recent pictures. Maybe all that playing has loosened them up ?
Do you remember all the worries,before the tour started about Keith's ability to play chords ?.I think he's playing better than the last couple of tours at least!

Ditto Ronnie . What do you think?
02-10-03 07:32 PM
EthanWickedAsHeSeems Keith also doesnt look as bad overall as he did before the tour...he used to have a small gut with starving Ethipian arms...now the gut is gone and he isnt as scrawny. For arthritis, he may be on a new medicine since they undoubtably have physicians close by in every city. I dont like to hear Mathijis and others saying he has lost it. Listen to Thru and Thru from Oakland 02...his playing sounds better than anything in the last 10 years. Maybe he had a few bad shows...one thing about Keith is that he has no middle ground really...he is really on fire or plays poorly. Its all in his head I think.

Btw, IORR reports STONES WILL PLAY IN U.S. IN 2004. The proof is cited in the stage design webpage, which reads "World Tour 2002-2004"...also Mick and Keith BOTH dropped strong hints in recent shows. Gotta start saving up again. ROCKS OFF!!!
02-10-03 07:50 PM
McQueen I agree completely. Keith's playing, though erratic particularly at the start of the tour, began to evolve into much more consistent showings. Actually, that's too soft a term. The last half of the American tour saw Keith, as you say playing better than I have seen in AT LEAST the last 10 years.

Some have been put off by his occasional bouts of Jagger-directed anger ala HBO show. I love it! He gets that scowl and cold-cold eyes and watch out. He turns each of those songs into his personal bitch and bleeds 'em all across the stage. THAT'S the Keith of legend, and that Keith has returned.

I also agree with another post relating this tour as Mick's tour. I would again concur. Mick is a presence beyond any contemporary. His voice is as good as it has ever been, and the physicality of this tour is astounding for any performer at any age, and for one of nearly 60 years, well, my God it is inhumanly remarkable! I think in fact it has been Mick's night in night out frontmanship and also Woody's re-emergence as an integral part of the group that has rekindled Keith's long-dormant passion for his own contributions to the group. His occassional bouts of anger during shows is a testimony to this passion. If he didn't give a shit, he could just as easily grin, kick, flail, and repeat. (Which he did far too much in the previous three Stones outings - though even 50% Keith is better other so-called rockers trying to live up to his rock-rebel shadow.)

And Charlie, well, lovely Charlie is the foundation of it all. 'Nuff said.

Enjoy the coming shows friends abroad. They are gonna be great!
02-11-03 07:44 AM
Maxlugar Since the tour began, he's night and day from what I've heard. The HBO show was mainly Keith.

His leads still suck big hairy moose balls though.

02-11-03 07:56 AM
Zeeta Yeah keef is in great from, Did anyone read the interview in Q magazine this month? He says that he has just made his "old dear breakfast - boiled eggs and a glass of wine" !!
This guy is the greatest!
If you have not read this months Q buy it, or more realistically just read the Keef interview in a newsagents and put it back...very amusing interview!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST