ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Blondies have more fun!
America West Arena - Phoenix - January 30, 2003

By Little Red Rooster
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Who's the opening band in France? Return to archive
02-10-03 03:03 PM
Charliegirl I haven't heard who was opening for them in France. I was just wondering who would be?
02-10-03 05:06 PM
Gazza keep your fucking racist,xenophobic trash off this board once and for all or leave once and for all and take it with you

yet again,another innocent post trashed by this crap. Its getting beyond tiresome

Fuck off
02-10-03 06:23 PM
jean-pierre M ....bien parl� Gazza !!!...(well said Gazza !!!)
02-10-03 06:35 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I think we need to give a last warning: NO MORE CRAP, NO MORE RACIST AND/OR XENOPHOBIC POSTS... AND NO MORE POLITICS

For us it's hard to clean the board message by message, as we need to delete them one by one, and once you delete a reply within a thread you are sent by the system to the thread list, so then we need to enter the thread again and clean the next message.

...but wait, we have one cool option:

Prune Posts
Delete all posts by a user.

and we have another:

Ban Members/IP Addresses
Ban a user from your message board, either by user name or IP address.

No more crap please!

02-10-03 07:13 PM
Moonisup Come on guys

please, the world is full of war and anger now

let's not take it to this board,

you know my opinion about this war and stuff

I post sometimes political stuff 2.

But in these times, it's better to stop with it, let's please be this place, be a place, where, race, politics, colour and money not counts. at least for a few months

People of the world JOIN HANDS

just for once??????????????????
[Edited by Moonisup]
02-10-03 10:03 PM
Riffhard I for one don't ever want to come across as someone who is xenophobic. I have always tried to keep any political posts from appearing as name calling kidergarden shouting matches. I think that sometimes the words get heated and can get out of hand. I enjoy the debate provided it's kept within the thread that is devoted to such topics.

The political situation that the world is dealing with right now spurs some contentious debate. However,I think it's a safe bet that all here are united by our mutual appreciation of the Stones. I don't care if your American,French,German,or any other nationality. If you like the Stones your on the same page as me musically.

As for the politics. I'm not pro war by any means. I'm just very anti Saddam. If it takes war to bring about his demise that's his call. I have said it before. Americans are a good and just people. It is a little confusing and aggravating to see the whole world that we have sacraficed thousands of our men defending all of the sudden start calling us the bad guys here. This is a very sensitive issue to many Americans and the posts often reflect that frustration.

Having said that,I will keep all future posts concerning politics to the thread that is devoted to such topics. As for all the European Stones fans that are anxiously awaiting the Stones. Your in for one hell of a tour! Can't wait to hear the reviews!

Riffhard
02-10-03 11:05 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl From the time being it will be "Zero tolerance" (thanks Rudy)

• First shit: all posts by the spammer will disappear
  • Second: Temporary banned.
  • Third and last: Definitive out of the board, banned by IP and name.
  • If the spammer comes back with another IP, he/she will be reported to the owners of the IP logged (*), and to our good neighbors.

(*) The owners of the service provider the spammer used first and second.

Clearer than water, don't ask why later.

Also please don't start a new political thread if one is already up on the same topic. Thanks in advance.
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
02-11-03 12:26 AM
Madafaka I think that I don't cause problems, but my apoligies if I do. Is not my intention. I just said that lucky people here (French people) don't buy tickets to the next Stones concert in France. Nothing else.
Sorry again.
02-11-03 12:49 AM
Highwire Rob
quote:
Charliegirl wrote:
I haven't heard who was opening for them in France. I was just wondering who would be?

Charliegirl, I hope you're still here. Welcome to the Board!!

Keno's Rolling Stones site does not have any opening acts listed yet. But check this address in the days to come:

http://www.keno.org/rolling_stones/news.htm

And by all means stay on Rocks Off! I look forward to reading your and your friends' reports on the French Stones shows.

--Rob.
02-11-03 12:57 AM
CS Check http://www.iorr.org/tour03/index.htm, according to IORR, The Cranberries will open the shows in Munich arena and stadium shows June 4 and 6, Milan June 10, Oberhausen June 13, Berlin June 15, and Starsailor will open the shows in Amsterdam ArenA Aug. 19-20 and Twickenham Aug. 23-24.
02-11-03 01:10 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Je suis presque s�r tu le trouverai ici http://www.sympathyforthedevils.com/
02-11-03 02:20 AM
marcus aurelianus 1)The tickets in France are selling very well .Most shows are sold out .Only Marseille Stadium ( 50 000 ) is not sold out yet .We are only in February and the concert will take place in July ...Don't worry . Some shows in America ( Miami) were not sold out , were they ?

2) It's the last time I wrote in this board .
I can't help defending my country ( or Europe )but we don't understand each other , I am afraid .For the last time , I'd like to say that I am not aganst American people but against the Americans POLITICIANS that are leading the world to chaos .
Fijie Joe and JB have NEVER tod me what are the INTERESTS of EUROPE to make war .I understand your interests ( and not the values : don't be hypocrits ),but what are OURS ???
Good bye .
02-11-03 04:04 AM
sonicrock no marcus don t go i m french proud of it and i lo ve the stones that s why i m on this board no politics no shit hey marcus don t go
02-11-03 08:51 AM
TT Thanks Gazza and Gerardo,

this shit must stop. Have read loads of comments about "towelheads", "camel jockeys" and "animals" when some postings refered to "people of Iraq". Cannot believe that some here really think in these categories. I work all day to get this shit out of the heads of young children. That�s the reason why I don�t want to argue with people again when I come home.

And Fiji:
>I can agree to keep any pro-action comments to myself if others can keep their pro-inaction (peace) comments to theirselves...<

It must be a hard world where people are stopped when arguing against WAR (pro PEACE). Sad.
02-11-03 09:57 AM
Fiji Joe Marcus...I did answer that question in the original thread...you just ignored it..I also said I am done sparring with you...peace
02-11-03 10:43 AM
icydanger
still in a state of shock,
-i didnt expect this under this thread
-i did over heat a few times, sorry
i hope i stayed decent, i believe differences are some of the values that make life rare and precious
we should be intelligent enough to understand
thats why i admire monks and love angels

02-11-03 11:02 AM
Maxlugar Yeah!

We have this board posting our Pro-Bush rantings. We should keep this board free of that stuff.

http://www.dushkin.com/discussions/wp/index.html

We Stole that board fair and square so use it.

MACKY!
02-11-03 11:13 AM
erikjjf So, does anybody know who will open the French shows?
02-11-03 01:31 PM
Monkey Woman We don't know yet, erikjjf. But those 3 pages are worth checking from time to time:

IORR '03 tour info
http://www.iorr.org/tour03/index.htm

Keno's Stones News
http://www.keno.org/rolling_stones/news.htm

Le Club des Stones (in French)
http://www.sympathyforthedevils.com/news.htm
02-11-03 01:52 PM
Charliegirl I did not think such a simple question would turn into a two page thread! I can't wait to see them in France. I am acturally from LA and am going to be in Europe the same time, very lucky! And I was fortunate to see them three times in the US, I know it's gonna be a great show!
02-11-03 04:32 PM
Lacride
quote:
marcus aurelianus wrote:
1)The tickets in France are selling very well .Most shows are sold out .Only Marseille Stadium ( 50 000 ) is not sold out yet .We are only in February and the concert will take place in July ...Don't worry . Some shows in America ( Miami) were not sold out , were they ?

2) It's the last time I wrote in this board .
I can't help defending my country ( or Europe )but we don't understand each other , I am afraid .For the last time , I'd like to say that I am not aganst American people but against the Americans POLITICIANS that are leading the world to chaos .
Fijie Joe and JB have NEVER tod me what are the INTERESTS of EUROPE to make war .I understand your interests ( and not the values : don't be hypocrits ),but what are OURS ???
Good bye .

NON MARCUS, NE NOUS QUITTE PAS!
(NO MARCUS, DON'T LEAVE!)
I appreciate you being there on that board.
Reste, mon pote!
Chris
02-11-03 04:56 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl If you have an answer, a link or a nice comment please post it.

If you're about to post more politics talk please go away, the link provided by Maxlugar is good, also on the official stones website there's a forum for politics... and we left the thread "The politics of Leah Wood" for those who want to talk about politics... but no more please.

02-11-03 05:03 PM
Moonisup people all over the world

start a love train

and look out, our the dutch members here buy NYC back for 4 sheeps and a cow, just like a few 100 years ago
[Edited by Moonisup]
02-11-03 05:45 PM
Gazza No one is objecting to anyone defending or attempting to legitimize their country's politics, whether you are pro-war, anti-war or caught in the middle..nothing wrong with loving your country or anything like that.

all we ask is that everyone respects the fact that there are people of different races,nationalities, ethnic backgrounds etc who come to this site because of their mutual love of the Stones' music and to remember that before you hit the "submit" button on your post . Disliking a country's political stance is one thing - using that contempt to bait people from that country who happen to use this site with childish stereotypes and slurs is another thing entirely - to me,it's no more excusable than calling people "niggers" or "yids" or whatever.....and some of the same people who have been the worst offenders would be the first to complain if that kind of racial abuse was used by someone else.

02-11-03 09:26 PM
glencar Sorry, gents. Anyways, it looks like the guy left...

Perhaps Vanessa Paradis will open in France.
02-12-03 06:58 AM
Lacride
quote:
glencar wrote:
Sorry, gents. Anyways, it looks like the guy left...

Perhaps Vanessa Paradis will open in France.

...or C�line Dion! (LOL)
02-12-03 09:21 AM
egon
quote:
Charliegirl wrote:
I haven't heard who was opening for them in France. I was just wondering who would be?

i sure hope it will be johhny HELLiday.

marcus, don't be a softy :-))

there's a lot of different people here, with a lot of different opinions. it's almost like the real world,
and you can't (and shouldn't) stay away from that.

sure there are assholes here that (no matter what their point of view is) can't get any other idea across then
"this nation is shit & that nation sucks".
Just fuck it! you have wankers everywhere.

And remeber why you came here... it wasn't for politics was it?

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST