ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Blondies have more fun!
America West Arena - Phoenix - January 30, 2003

By Little Red Rooster
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 5 of clubs Return to archive
02-05-03 05:24 PM
Jacques Hi all
received today my pack. Leaves are going to be happy and so do I.
Thanks to all of you that did that
02-05-03 07:51 PM
Mottrush It's a great set.

Had mine for a week or so. It's now on it's way to my leaves.

A big thanks to everyone who organised this.

Long live Rocks Off Trees!!!!
02-06-03 07:58 PM
woodywoodpecker Hi guy's yep thanks to Gazza, Marko etc for the box set its great. I have artwork done for this set at:
http://www.woodpecker-art.com

for those interested, they are for trade purposes only.

woody
02-07-03 02:43 AM
rogerriffin Today I received my package also.

Long live rocks off trees!!!
02-07-03 02:58 AM
no_cole_porter I was just wondering if any of you lads could burn me a copy of the Five of Clubs cd's. My branch has seemed to disappear off of the face of the earth and I've tried contacting him many times to no avail.
02-07-03 04:21 PM
Gazza Who's your branch???

let me know and I'll get in touch with him and note my records for future reference

Amazing artwork, Woodpecker - saved me a LOT of trouble, although i dont have a fraction of those design skills! THANKS!!
02-07-03 06:38 PM
woodywoodpecker your most welcome Gazza,

thankyou for the kind words by the way you got mail.

Thanks for the tree also, Great!
02-07-03 09:40 PM
Poplar I've had mine for about a week now, and I'm still jamming with them.
My thoughts are as follows:

Toronto - Damn this sounds good, in every respect. Some of the songs are played so sharp, on just the first night of the tour! wow! I expected this show to be rough, but overall, I think it's pretty damn tight. As for the sound quality, it's great, even for a club show soundboard (for clubs, amps are often turned down on the board because they fill the room themselves). I'll send this disk to anyone who will trade me another soundboard show.

Boston - i think this is the weakest of the shows (with the possible exception of Roseland) sound isn't quite as good, and the show doesn't seem to flow as well. When i first saw the club setlists, i was interested to see how they would blend the different styles together. This show doesn't work as well - for me at least.

Chicago - Awesome. This show achieves what Boston didn't. The guitar solo on Torn & Frayed is so "authentic." Go Ronnie! The who show is so sharp. I'm impressed, boys. The Bono part sounds like bedlam. Wish I had seen this one.

Philly - Sweet. Sounds like a real hot show. Maybe the better of the CYHMKs.

LA - Again, outstanding. another candidate for best overall show (with philly/chicago)

Highlights:
Can't You Hear Me Knocking = all of 'em smoke.
Dance Pt. 1 = So fresh and hip. Probably my favorite on each disk it's on.
Hot Stuff = the Toronto one kicks ass, some really cool horns.
If You Can't Rock Me = the best tune on the Toronto disk. I LOVE THIS!
Going to a Go-Go = why don't they play this at arenas?

Sometimes you just have to get out!

Wilson
02-08-03 05:15 AM
no_cole_porter Gazza, My Branch was [email protected] and have tried contacting many times and have recieved no replies about anything.
02-08-03 06:16 PM
Jacques If anything goes wrong, can I help you ?
02-10-03 12:04 PM
no_cole_porter I was just wondering if anyone in my group of leaves has gotten their discs or heard from our branch?
02-10-03 03:56 PM
L&A Jacques, you're always welcome....

Luc
02-10-03 04:25 PM
Gazza Woody - didnt get your mail...have had some problems with the [email protected] address of late...you can get me on [email protected] if you didnt get a reply

Cole_porter - your branch has posted here a few times so he's a board regular. I've mailed him for you about this...hopefully he should reply to me soon. HIS seed has already got HIS discs, however even if YOUR branch hasnt recived his copies yet or hasnt burned yours, he should still keep you updated with a reply to any query re: the progress of the tree.
02-10-03 05:29 PM
Gazza NCP - Mike has replied to my post and now has his discs. he'll be in touch. See his post just now on the main message board
02-10-03 05:35 PM
Fiji Joe Wow...Not in any tree or branch or leaf...don't even know what those are...but that looks cool...

Great Artwork Woodpecker...fantastic!!!!
02-10-03 05:40 PM
Gazza Feej - its a cut price way of gettin' some CDR's from other fans and collectors.. all it costs you is the price of some blanks and a couple of dollars for postage costs

dont miss the next one!
02-10-03 07:47 PM
woodywoodpecker fiji joe, thanks alot I/m glad you like em.

Gazza, you have mail, sorry my fault.
02-10-03 10:10 PM
JumpinJackFlash Say, anyway i can get ahold of the 5 of clubs. I'[m Canadaian, and I'd be happy to burn a few and send them out. [email protected] Jaques, thank's for your support on alot of this buddy. I'm a true Licker.
02-11-03 10:07 AM
Chico Got my discs today. Just want to say a big thanks to Gazza and everyone else that was involved in setting up this tree.Very much appreciated. Have to agree, If You Cant Rock Me from Toronto sounds absolutely fantasic. Looking forward to hearing the rest. Cheers again guys.
02-11-03 04:26 PM
stewed & Keefed Recieved my discs today, I have been playing them all day.
Thanks to everybody who were involved.
02-11-03 06:38 PM
exile can anyone burn me a copy
I can send disc's

pretty please??? email me at [email protected]
02-11-03 08:40 PM
cabledogg2 Gazza, i am having a problem contacting my branch([email protected]) for the 5 of clubs tree, i tried to e-mail you with details but it bounced back.Can you give me an alternate e-mail address thanks.......Scott (cabledogg2)

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST