ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Blondies have more fun!
America West Arena - Phoenix - January 30, 2003

By Little Red Rooster
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ASS Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
02-10-03 01:26 PM
Sir Stonesalot Actually, The Thing's surname was shortened, or "Americanized", as so many immigrant names were, to Grimm from Grimmsberg a few generations earlier.
02-10-03 01:38 PM
Maxlugar He was circumcised with a diamond cutter.

02-10-03 04:44 PM
scope Although Chicago sounds intriguing, Asheville has already been awarded the next summit. I personally am looking forward to taking a piss in the Beggar's replica.

What we need is our own version of the IOC (help me here with a catchy acronym Maxy). All suggestions for a city to host an upcoming summit will be taken under consideration by a special committee of Rocks Off members (details of how to become a committee member not yet worked out, but one requirment will be that you have to have attended at least one prior summit).

I like the drive down in the convertible idea Nanky. Gotta pursue that one.

02-10-03 05:09 PM
nankerphelge Yeah buddy!
02-10-03 05:11 PM
Fiji Joe OK September, but when...Ya'll will love Asheville
02-10-03 05:35 PM
telecaster
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
OK September, but when...Ya'll will love Asheville

Possible Sept dates:

Weekend of:

Friday the 5th
Friday the 12th
Friday the 19th
Friday the 26th
02-10-03 07:45 PM
stonedinaustralia if i was to make it i would prefer the front end of sept. (no promises yet but i'm working on it - one of the hardest things would seem to be getting my head around over 50 -60 hours in plane for the round trip)

re the asheville/chigaco debate - it seems that weight of opinion has it for the big A - 'tho from here it all sounds quite exotic i must say the notion of the appalachian's has great appeal

nasty, you're not concerned that invasion of your quiet 'burg will result in your rep as an upstanding and responsible member of A's business and social community being irreparably trashed after all your "friends" run amok for days causing a classic case of fear and loathing amongst your neigbours and associates - are you??

02-10-03 07:58 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

nasty, you're not concerned that invasion of your quiet 'burg will result in your rep as an upstanding and responsible member of A's business and social community being irreparably trashed after all your "friends" run amok for days causing a classic case of fear and loathing amongst your neigbours and associates - are you??

I was probably just looking for an excuse to go record shopping in Chicago!

No, I just wanted to make sure everybody knew that I wouldn't be "hurt" if the ASS got moved to a more metropolitan location since the thread blew that direction for a little while. I see plain as day that "the people" want an AshEVILle event. Youse guyse can run amok all youse want. It won't embarass me -- the people on my street have deemed me "Asheville's Anti-Hero", whatever that means. They have declared "Ventilator Blues" my theme song, for when I walk down the street smoking cigarettes or when I "steal" all the "good" records from the Habitat for Humanity or Goodwill or when I buy a record out of someone else's store for five bucks and resell it on E-Bay for 20. You are NOT going to hurt my reputation in this zany town, only enhance it.

I am most down with:

the 5th

or

the 12th

of September.

02-11-03 09:09 PM
Sir Stonesalot I'm down with either the 5th or the 12th. Which one is Labor Day weekend?
02-11-03 09:27 PM
telecaster
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I'm down with either the 5th or the 12th. Which one is Labor Day weekend?

Labor Day is Monday Sept 1 so it would be the week prior
02-11-03 09:54 PM
Sir Stonesalot Well, I think the 12th would be better for me, but the 5th will work.
02-12-03 08:31 AM
Maxlugar I'll pencil in the 12th too.

Let me know when I should switch to pen.

I'll start working on the wife this weekend.

Developing like a MoFO.............

02-12-03 08:49 AM
scope Either one is good. Will be putting in for the time off. Maxy, what do you think about car pooling down to D.C. for the BAC (Big Ass Convertible)with Nanky and SS? Sounds like the perfect pre-party gig.
02-12-03 01:56 PM
Nasty Habits OK - so tentative on the 12th -- Is this bed and breakfast thing for real or do you want me to start exploring hotel reservations? My piddly-ass house is not gonna accomodate you guys. And in sadder news, the pool/hot tub man and I had a fight and he quit in disgust, so that ain't happening this year. Seems he expected me to pay him. Cookout is covered, and I'll maybe see if I can't convince one of the local clubs to book an interesting band . . .

02-12-03 02:06 PM
Maxlugar Can I stay in a barn?

I think it would be funny if, each day, I came to meet everyone with hay sticking out of my hair.

And the smell of poop. Sweet, sweet poop.

Billy Bob Maxay!

02-12-03 02:24 PM
jb I promise not to attend Max...will you talk to me now?
02-12-03 02:34 PM
telecaster
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
OK - so tentative on the 12th -- Is this bed and breakfast thing for real or do you want me to start exploring hotel reservations? My piddly-ass house is not gonna accomodate you guys. And in sadder news, the pool/hot tub man and I had a fight and he quit in disgust, so that ain't happening this year. Seems he expected me to pay him. Cookout is covered, and I'll maybe see if I can't convince one of the local clubs to book an interesting band . . .

Just make sure your dues are paid at those local drinking clubs so we can get in. Do all the girls down south look
like Daise Duke?

Anytime in Sept is fine for me.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST