ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Blondies have more fun!
America West Arena - Phoenix - January 30, 2003

By Little Red Rooster
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ASS Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
02-07-03 03:47 PM
nankerphelge Yeah but, by definition, I had more fun!!
02-07-03 03:49 PM
Joey " I made 5 Joey, and had much better seats than Nanker."

Did you really make FIVE Josh ? You teasing me ????

Doesn't really matter . You completely missed the Denver gig , and that was the best out of all of them -- even ARAGON , at least that is what Keith says ................

{{{{{{{{{ KINS }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
02-07-03 03:57 PM
stonedinaustralia September (earlyish) would suit me rather than June for a couple of reasons - first more time to get the $ orgnized and secondly i'm taking 2 weeks of in a weeks time for the stones tour here so semptember is over six months away and I can reasonably ask for another two weeks off

the big impediment i see is this (and aint this always the way) - and without wishing to bore you with the minutiae of my personal life - after 2 - 3 years of pretty much living the life of a footloose and fancy free bachelor i'm presently involved in something which is, as they say, developing - if things keep going the way they are sept. would be a logical time when words like (gulp) commitment would start to be discussed - so i would then have to explain why, at such a crucial time, i am going to go alone to the other side of the world to party with a bunch of people i've never even met as opposed to taking a trip to the greek islands for a pagan wedding ceremony - still i suppose if a relationship can survive that it could survive anything (and must, therefore, be worthwhile)- that's it!! i'll tell her it's my last fling of single man madness before i settle into domestic bliss - and before you ask, no i don't think it would be a good idea if i brought her with me - still a lot can happen in six months (and probably will)

i'd have to be back by Sep. 21 that's her b/day

but i tell you - this is no idle day-dream and could well turn into a reality!!

keep me posted

stonedinASStralia
02-07-03 04:34 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Flea...It was NEVER about circumscision. ...If I REALLY wanted to be an asshole about it, I coulda just said nothing, let Lew show up, and then let the shit hit the fan.

First off, I'm sorry I posted my thoughts in a public forum. But actually this isn't something that has ANYTHING to do with the "real" world - as far as I'm concerned, we've been buds for a LONG time and this doesn't change that anything about that underlying fact - it's all about life here in the imaginary tree forts we inhabit. And your grudge against Keno is something which creeps everybody out. (If I'm WRONG about that, I hope the readers of this post will correct me.) The thread was about the fun we could have in Asheville, and although Joey was perhaps baiting you, it might've been better not to rise to the bait. The chances of Lew showing up are very slim. Actually now that you've threatened him, they're probably nil. From what I understand you made similar comments about Denver, and that was just to stir up shit, which succeeded. (You weren't REALLY thinking about going to Denver, were you?) And people come to ME about it because I'm your friend. So it does concern me. The posts about Denver were all deleted by the hosts of this site, who are Keno's friends. I'm pretty sure they'd rather NOT read them again.

The whole "I have no control over myself so I'm not to blame" is a weak excuse. I'm perhaps the only poster here who's NOT an attorney so I'll let someone else decide if it would wash in court - but you're saying stuff here which could easily be construed as real threats.

The really BIZARRE thing is that the C10 was COMPLETELY an adjunct to Lew's board - it had NOTHING to do with Rocks Off - and one of the things we discussed all weekend was how we all wished Lew was there, and how exactly DO you pronounce "Keno"? So, although I'm happy to put my head in the sand and pretend Keno doesn't exist while I'm in THIS imaginary tree fort, I have a hard time ignoring your comments or my obligation to say something about them. I was just scrolling to the bottom of the thread to say "Hey, I'm IN!" about Asheville when I read what you said, and I guess maybe I should have done what everyone else did and nervously change the subject. Sorry. Hey, great car Nanky! My mom had a '67 Eldorado when I was growing up, baby blue w/white leather interior, power everything. It ROCKED.

Plus, I'm confused regarding your comments to Max - were you kidding in your post to ME, or was the original post to Joey the joke? Or were you kidding when you said you were kidding?

The story of the Fantastic Four pencil box was apocryphal. I never had one! And I don't think SS had been born yet when I was in fifth grade, so I wasn't suggesting that HE stole it!

Actually I shoulda just posted about the pencil box and left it at that. Let's all pretend I did.

Oh, and sometimes when I do something stupid - like ruin my life, as I've been doing relentlessly for the past several years - it's ok with me if you DO say something.
02-07-03 04:49 PM
nankerphelge That car holds six quite comfortably FPM -- me, you, Stoney, Max, and two players to be named later!!!
02-07-03 05:00 PM
Joey " The story of the Fantastic Four pencil box was apocryphal "

Ooooooooooooooh , you just used the word " apocryphal " . Fleabit , when you write words like that in a post .....I get a little MOIST !!!!!!!

Developing .....................

Trickling ......................

{{{{{{{{ RAGING JOE }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

02-07-03 05:02 PM
nankerphelge Don't know about you Joey, but I could easily picture the Fleabitten one with a FF pencil box!

By the way, how are you getting to the ASS???
02-07-03 05:03 PM
Sir Stonesalot LOL!

Of course it was all a ruse! You said it yourself...you couldn't believe the stupidity of it. Well, DUH! I'm a lot of things...stupid ain't one of them.

A couple of things I said in my reply to you, was in fact true.

The whole Lew thing was never about circumscision. And Lew and I tossed a lot of email back and forth right after that. I don't talk about it because it's pointless. It doesn't matter. I don't post there, and I have nothing to do with Lew, so why go on about it. Over and done...history. But as for beating him up....well that is ridiculous. I work with cops. If I get busted for assault, my career goes down the toilet. I like my job too much to jeopardize it over someone that I care nothing at all about. Maybe that is what Maxy picked up on. I'll have to be more careful next time.

I have no problem at all with Lew showing up. It would give him a chance to apologize to me. HA!

We were buds long before we ever heard of "the internet". We will be buds long after the internet is obsolete, and the next new big thing is here. It will take a lot more than a kneejerk reaction to one of my "righteous indignation" posts to change that.

I think you should ride along to ASS with nanky & me. A road trip will do you good.

02-07-03 05:22 PM
Joey " By the way, how are you getting to the ASS??? "

By buying her at least three " Bombay Sapphire Martinis " .

{{{{ CA - RACK }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

" It looks like ......It might be .....IT IS !!!! ......another Homer Run by the Joey . I tell ya Steve , this kid has been absolutely murdering the ball lately and it isn't even May yet . "

" I hear you screaming Harry . By the way , isn't that Steelie out there on Waveland Avenue passed out on the curb ........and what happened to his pants ? "

" I don't know Steve , but I wish someone would cover him up a bit . "

02-07-03 05:42 PM
Nasty Habits It's actually pretty doubtful that Marvel Comics actually marketed Fantastic Four pencil boxes back in the day. I was a big time Marvel geek and I never saw no ads for no pencil box, at least not in no 70s. I had a trapper keeper myself and if anyone woulda messed with that thing I would've at least cried to my teacher about it and got 'em in trouble. It's always fun to talk ephemeral apocrypha.

How long is this thing gonna last? Max is lookin' at a short weekend - SS and the boys are on the road for who knows how long. What I want to know is how long I myself am responsible for keeping you lunatics unbored and out of jail?

And yes indeed from my C10NOT perspective it is in no way nesASSary to be C10 to come to the ASS - as an attendee you will be one of the ASS1? and what an honor that will be for all of us oh yes.

02-07-03 06:13 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
It's actually pretty doubtful that Marvel Comics actually marketed Fantastic Four pencil boxes back in the day. I was a big time Marvel geek and I never saw no ads for no pencil box, at least not in no 70s.

Absolutely right, my fellow Marvel geek, except I'm talkin' 1960s. I woulda KILLED for an FF pencil box. Actually I'm still pretty steamed that Sue Storm the Invisible Girl married that damned egghead Reed Richards. Lucky for them I couldn't find the Baxter Building when I went to NYC or it woulda been clobberin' time!

Actually I was far more interested in Spiderman (I started reading him at issue #12), the Mighty Thor (especially episodes in Asgard), Sgt Fury & His Howling Commandos, and especially Dr. Strange. Where have all the existential comic books gone anyway?

Marvel ruled when I was a kid.
02-07-03 06:14 PM
telecaster
quote:
Joey wrote:
" By the way, how are you getting to the ASS??? "

By buying her at least three " Bombay Sapphire Martinis " .

{{{{ CA - RACK }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

" It looks like ......It might be .....IT IS !!!! ......another Homer Run by the Joey . I tell ya Steve , this kid has been absolutely murdering the ball lately and it isn't even May yet . "

" I hear you screaming Harry . By the way , isn't that Steelie out there on Waveland Avenue passed out on the curb ........and what happened to his pants ? "

Joey you scamp, I just crossed Waveland on my way home
getting "supplies" for tonight. I saw the ball clear the
fence at it is still going.

02-08-03 08:50 AM
marko ok buddies,time to get some ASS..kidding..i have tour to
catch next summer!what about you?lol.
02-08-03 02:04 PM
Stonesthrow FPM-- Do you still have any of those old Marvel comic books? If so, and if they are in nice condition, you would be surprised at how much they are worth these days.
02-08-03 04:54 PM
Joey Tele........................

Isn't it great that " Steve Stone " is coming back to the Broadcasting Booth ?

And what happened to the " Expansion Plans " for Wrigley Field along Waveland ???????

Developing..................

J.
02-08-03 06:30 PM
parmeda
quote:
Joey wrote:
And what happened to the " Expansion Plans " for Wrigley Field along Waveland ???????

Cubs sue rooftop clubs near Wrigley Field
Bloomberg News
Dec. 18, 2002 03:19 PM

Chicago � The Chicago Cubs sued owners of nine rooftop clubs across from Wrigley Field that sell ticket packages to fans, seeking unspecified damages for lost revenue.

The suit, filed yesterday in U.S. District Court in Chicago, claims the clubs "unjustly enrich themselves to the tune of millions of dollars each year" by selling seats with views of the field from buildings across Sheffield and Waveland avenues, while the Cubs get "absolutely nothing."

The team has said the rooftops, which are licensed by the City of Chicago as entertainment establishments, generate close to $7 million in annual revenue.

Team President Andy MacPhail said in August that the rooftop owners should pay the Cubs $3 million annually.

A message left at MacPhail's office wasn't immediately returned.

Negotiations between the team, owned by the Tribune Co., and the rooftop owners broke down two weeks ago, said Jim Murphy, the owner of one of the rooftops and the president of the Wrigley Field Rooftop Association.

"I thought we were pretty close," Murphy said. "We were waiting for a counteroffer and this was their answer."

The suit comes two days after the city effectively blocked the team's plans to expand Wrigley Field's bleachers by lifting a freeze on considering landmark status for the 88-year-old ballpark. The Cubs planned a $14 million renovation of the bleachers that they hoped would add 2,000 seats, which would have partially blocked the view from the rooftops.

"They can't sue the community, they can't sue the city, so they come after us," Murphy said.

Murphy said the team did nothing about the rooftop viewing since moving into the ballpark in 1916, two years after it opened. This spring, the Cubs put screens up behind the bleachers to block the view.

Wrigley Field is the second-oldest park in Major League Baseball, two years newer than Boston's Fenway Park, and at 39,059 seats is the fourth smallest behind Fenway, Pittsburgh's PNC Park and Florida's Pro Player Stadium.

Wrigley Field: The best place on earth to watch a ballgame!
02-08-03 06:41 PM
telecaster [quote]parmeda wrote:

Cubs sue rooftop clubs near Wrigley Field
Bloomberg News
Dec. 18, 2002 03:19 PM

Chicago � The Chicago Cubs sued owners of nine rooftop clubs across from Wrigley Field that sell ticket packages to fans, seeking unspecified damages for lost revenue.

The suit, filed yesterday in U.S. District Court in Chicago, claims the clubs "unjustly enrich themselves to the tune of millions of dollars each year" by selling seats with views of the field from buildings across Sheffield and Waveland avenues, while the Cubs get "absolutely nothing."

The team has said the rooftops, which are licensed by the City of Chicago as entertainment establishments, generate close to $7 million in annual revenue.

Team President Andy MacPhail said in August that the rooftop owners should pay the Cubs $3 million annually.

A message left at MacPhail's office wasn't immediately returned.

Negotiations between the team, owned by the Tribune Co., and the rooftop owners broke down two weeks ago, said Jim Murphy, the owner of one of the rooftops and the president of the Wrigley Field Rooftop Association.

"I thought we were pretty close," Murphy said. "We were waiting for a counteroffer and this was their answer."

Pam: Murphy died last week! Champagne for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Kinda like Larry Hagman.

02-08-03 06:43 PM
parmeda I Know! Isn't that sad!
Murphy's just won't be the same this summer...

Wait, yeah it will. It'll be worse!
02-08-03 06:51 PM
telecaster
quote:
parmeda wrote:
I Know! Isn't that sad!
Murphy's just won't be the same this summer...

Wait, yeah it will. It'll be worse!

We need an ASS/C10 gathering in Chicago. Cubs game?

02-08-03 11:43 PM
parmeda
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Tele...
Ever take a look at this? http://www.brixenivy.com/
Looks like a lot of fun, huh?
But NOTHING (IMO) beats the bleachers...

Hey, this could happen
02-09-03 12:37 AM
FPM C10
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Cubs game? CUBS GAME???

BLUES FEST, BABY.

Chess Records. Go to blues clubs on the wrong side of town. Go see Hound Dog Taylor's brand new tombstone. Right handy to Muddy Waters.

The city with broad shoulders has a lot more to offer a gaggle of Stones fans than a freakin' Cubs game.
02-09-03 01:07 AM
Sir Stonesalot Chicago=Blues.

Although if the Phillies were in town..you could probably twist my arm.
02-09-03 01:15 AM
sirmoonie Keno is "C10A-*" meaning he's "C10A" because his application was approved by FOUR (4) members of the C10 (actually we were just honored that he took the time to drink up with our drunken asses before he went to the Shidoobee gig at Paramount), and "-*" because there would be no C10 without Keno.

C10 has always been about spreading our sloppy love to those not fortunate enough to be "expressed" upon. C10 is all about adding to the C10A, hence Riffie, Scopie, HTM/Alex, Gazzie, Voodie, Jaxxie, everyone at YOTI, parmeda, more peeps that I don't even know or can't remember, etc., etc.,

In fact, if you meet a C10 for a Stones reason, you're probably C10A. The only exception I can think of is Josh, who was denied membership for the unbelievable 4th(?) time last January. What gives my brothers? Just because he is gay??? Who cares if Josh is a flaming fag? Let us look amongst our own "Howe" ranks before we condemn Josh to bannishment. Thats my last thought on this and I will not respond to all of your previous e-mails regarding Josh.

Here's hoping its all a big love grope down in N.C. I vote for Fowth of July, when drinking is a really popular thing to do, BUT if the only time SIA (yes SIA!) can make it is September, I say the REAL out of towners call the shots! Fucking A!

"Help me, help help me, Ronnie!"
02-09-03 09:51 AM
telecaster
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Cubs game? CUBS GAME???

BLUES FEST, BABY.

Chess Records. Go to blues clubs on the wrong side of town. Go see Hound Dog Taylor's brand new tombstone. Right handy to Muddy Waters.

The city with broad shoulders has a lot more to offer a gaggle of Stones fans than a freakin' Cubs game.

FPM-I thought of Chess after I hit the submit button.

All Blues Clubs are on the North side of town now execpt
for Buddy Guys which is in the south loop.

Most of the blues clubs are within a mile or two of Wrigley.

This would be good for 2004 as Ashville is confirmed
02-09-03 02:58 PM
parmeda Moonie! You're alive! ( BIG smile to ya!!)

Tele...I'm already in the plans on making some treks out to Wrigley. I really want to do the Brixenivy one day...that would be a riot! And you're correct, the north side of the city is where it's happenin' to find the good blues clubs...
02-09-03 06:54 PM
Nasty Habits I certainly am not trying to shirk my responsibilities or take the ASS out of Assville, but is Chicago, maybe, a better place for the ASS (which would become the ANNUAL Summer Summit) than Asheville?

I only ask because, you know, there is not that much STONESY to do here, Chi-Town is pretty centrally located and flights are purty easy to get, and I dunno, I would like to take a little trip myself. I also have a wedding I could go to the last weekend in August in Illinois, and I could extend that trip to include the ASS in early Sept.

Who's totally hooked on the idea of Asheville? SIA? Max? Fiji? Seriously, if you all want to come to Asheville I am delighted and PROUD to host, and we will have fun, but I would guarantee my presence in Chicago and find the idea interesting enough to discuss.

02-09-03 07:16 PM
telecaster
quote:
parmeda wrote:

Tele...
Ever take a look at this? http://www.brixenivy.com/
Looks like a lot of fun, huh?
But NOTHING (IMO) beats the bleachers...

Hey, this could happen

Thanks Pam, I have not seen that. It all starts
in a couple months.
02-10-03 01:44 AM
Sir Stonesalot I say Ashville.

I want to sample that southern hospitality.

And cruise around in a pimpmobile.

If we are in town...anything we do, is by definition...Stonesy.
02-10-03 07:42 AM
Maxlugar If I can't go to Asheville, then I'm retiring. What Essessy said is true, no matter what we do as a group will be, by definition, Stonesy.

We made grilling in the dark in 2000 Man's backyard in CLEVELAND the center of the Stonesian universe one night in the summer of 2001.

ASHEVILLE!!!!

Oh and by the way, I was a HUGE Fantastic Four fan growing up.

But since it has been discovered The Thing is Jewish.

They lost me after that issue where he grows a Jew-Fro and moves to Boca.

YES!

MACKY!
02-10-03 01:13 PM
Nasty Habits What kind of a Jewish name is Grimm?

Did he convert? Or was he born Jewish?

If he converted after his transformation, who circumsized him?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST