ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Blondies have more fun!
America West Arena - Phoenix - January 30, 2003

By Little Red Rooster
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ASS Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
02-06-03 02:06 PM
jb SS..what happened b/t you and Keno? I was thrown off his board shortly after 9/11...after about 6 months, I was permitted to post again. My argument with him was also related to middle-east politics....a really touch subject
02-06-03 02:26 PM
Joey " But you, Joey are welcome at any summit that I am at. I will even share my hootch with you. "

Did you say Hootch ?????????????????????

Joey loves booze .................you make Joey giddy !

Stones !

Joey !

" Best Stones Yet Ronnie "
02-06-03 06:29 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I can't guarantee Keno's safety. He is the only pereson from cyberland that I ever have come across that I hold a grudge against. This isn't even debatable with me. I'm going. If Lew shows up, it's at his own risk. This isn't a threat or anything. It's just the way it is. I can't say for 100% sure that I wouldn't snap on him. And that would be a real bummer.

What the FUCK??!! This is reeeeeeeeally ridiculous. Has been for quite some time, but this last quote is just too stupid. Is this all because you disagree with Lew over the propriety and necessity of CIRCUMCISION??? You know, whatever ANY of us think about circumcision, they did it to ALL of our sons, including LEW'S, so it seems like if this is what the fight's about, then the fight maybe oughta be OVER. If it's about something more substantial, you've never shared it with any of us, so we don't know. If you wanna threaten Keno, you should do it directly to HIM, by email or in person, instead of making all of us feel creepy by doing it on a board run by people who are FRIENDS of Keno's.

Of course, over here at this board the general concensus is that assholes like Bush (either one) and Reagan are heroes, so I guess some senseless saber-rattling is something to be applauded rather than embarrassed by. "This isn't a threat or anything. It's just the way it is." Sounds just like W's pathetic state of the disunion speech. And some of us come here to get away from warlike rhetoric, not to see it repeated.

I was going to say I was looking forward to getting together in Asheville, but there's a guy I was mad at in 5th grade - he stole my Fantastic Four pencil box - and if HE shows up I will go on a shooting spree. And that would be a real bummer. So maybe I'd better not go.
02-06-03 07:04 PM
telecaster Can I make an ASS of myself also. Are we staying at
Biltmore?

Check out this 76 Eldo - 29 miles!

http://www.autocollections.com/moreinfo.cfm?key=675

Deal me in
02-06-03 07:22 PM
nankerphelge Oh baby -- that's my car!! Well...mine is Black and Blue (it is a '76 y'know). And it has about 1,000,029 miles. But you can appreciate how much fun it is!! Of course, I ripped the old 8-track out and slammed in a nice Alpine system!!
02-06-03 07:46 PM
telecaster
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Oh baby -- that's my car!! Well...mine is Black and Blue (it is a '76 y'know). And it has about 1,000,029 miles. But you can appreciate how much fun it is!! Of course, I ripped the old 8-track out and slammed in a nice Alpine system!!

My Dad had that same car from the site when I was growing
up then I bought one when I grew up. Sold it but someday.

Isn't that sweet?
02-06-03 07:54 PM
Fiji Joe Yeah, I was at Mickey D's the other day and inadvertently told the cashier at the drive-thru window to "circumsize it"...I got half a hamburger and a small root beer
02-06-03 08:13 PM
telecaster
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Oh baby -- that's my car!! Well...mine is Black and Blue (it is a '76 y'know). And it has about 1,000,029 miles. But you can appreciate how much fun it is!! Of course, I ripped the old 8-track out and slammed in a nice Alpine system!!

http://www.cars-on-line.com/76pacer9100.html

I am buying this bad boy just for the trip. Livin large!

Chicks will dig this
02-06-03 08:15 PM
Boomhauer No fries?
02-06-03 08:17 PM
Fiji Joe It's a circuncision...something's gotta go
02-06-03 08:23 PM
Boomhauer Yes. You are right Fiji...............made the same mistake at Burger King, and they didn't give me the onion rings.
02-06-03 08:57 PM
Joey " Yeah, I was at Mickey D's the other day and inadvertently told the cashier at the drive-thru window to "circumsize it"...I got half a hamburger and a small root beer "

Fiji , when you write like that , my arteries become engorged and me capillaries floweth open ......................the sea refuses no river , and right now this river's banks are blown .

You should have been there in Denver last weekend --- You shoulda been there , man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

{{{{{{{{{{ J }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
02-06-03 09:53 PM
Poplar
Since it's going to be so close to Charlotte...
woohoo!
do you guys pick a central hotel for this event?

Wilson
Charlotte, NC
02-06-03 11:34 PM
Fiji Joe There are a ton of bed and breakfasts in Asheville...I say we rent the whole of one and turn the mutha out
02-06-03 11:56 PM
stonedinaustralia let me know the date as soon as possible

can't say for sure but i might be able to make it - i know i'd like to!!
02-07-03 01:09 AM
Sir Stonesalot Flea...It was NEVER about circumscision. And I have gone over this with Lew, shortly before I cut the fucker out of my life. I sent out a couple of emails to my "cyberpals" explaining my point of view. Obviously you didn't read it.

It ain't sabre rattling. It isn't a threat. Maybe I wouldn't snap on him. But maybe I would. I really don't know what I would do. I'm just saying that I can't guarantee that I wouldn't go off on him. I'm being honest. Nothing "stupid" about it.

It's a free country man. Lew can do whatever he wants. If he wants to go he can. I'd just hate it if something happened. It would be a bummer, and I can't say for sure that something WOULDN'T happen.

Funny, you've done lots of stuff that I thought was stupid, yet I don't say anything. I figure it's none of my business. If you wanted my opinion, you'd ask. And here you are telling the cyberworld how stupid you think I am, over something that has absolutely ZERO to do with you. Well, ain't that cute.

I guess we have 2 different definitions of what the word "friend" means. I'll stick to mine.

I don't care who's friend he is. He ain't one of mine. If I REALLY wanted to be an asshole about it, I coulda just said nothing, let Lew show up, and then let the shit hit the fan.

02-07-03 10:06 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

If I REALLY wanted to be an asshole about it, I coulda just said nothing, let Lew show up, and then let the shit hit the fan.

I sincerely hope this is one of those times when people can't tell that you're not being serious, because this is seriously harshing my ASS buzz.
02-07-03 10:20 AM
Boomhauer Is the ASS really hot in the summer or is it just warm?

Also, hopefully the smell of the ASS won't be too bad; you're going to have to have a nice, clean ASS.

[Edited by Boomhauer]
02-07-03 10:33 AM
jb The C10 is showing signs of significant tension among it's members. This may very well be their last "tour".
02-07-03 10:38 AM
Nasty Habits So, taking a few notes here:

It looks like we have potentially on board at this very early stage in the planning:

Max

Scope

Nanky

Fiji Joe

SSalot

Parmeda (? couldn't tell whether or not your post was and ASScuse to play with your ASS or if you were serious. I ASSure you, no one will make slurs against your ASSets on my shift. More likely than not, the rest of the summiteers will make you feel like the sun shines outa there.)

FPMC10 -- I have old Fantastic Four comic books in my attic that might heal your childhood wounds if you (and natch yr. brainy bride) were to venture south.

telecaster

the Mysterious Mr. Poplar

Conceivably the Joey

with SIA'y as a super long shot.

We have folks proposing to fly into the Asheville airport - this will be a rickety little neckbender flight for sure and always runs extra cash -- Asheville's not excactly a fountain of international commerce. You'll fly into Atlanta (most likely) and then take a small plane to Asheville, where they will most likely lose your luggage. I myself prefer Knoxville or Greenville, SC. Both are about an hour and a half from Asheville and are at least slightly bigger airports.

The Biltmore is a big fat mansion you can tour for lots of bucks, but it is not a hotel. The big swankass historic hotel in Asheville is the Grove Park Inn, a pleasure palace and spa that's been around for the past 100 years or more, with a crazy guest list that includes a multitude of presidents, writers, and bohemian rich types. The Grove Park is beyond expensive in every aspect of its services, but if you know how to ask you can actually stay there for a reasonable rate, because it is listed as an "historic" hotel and they have to give you an "historic" rate if you know how to ask. To a certain extent, I like the idea of the Stonesrabble making noise in the Grove Park, but I am hesitant to inflict any of its exorbitant price gougery on you all. I like Fiji's idea of renting out an entire Bed and Breakfast better.

Proposed times are for the end of June or early September. September is appealing to me - the first weekend in September (something like the 5th-8th) should be lovely and temperate in Asheville, and while the leaves won't have quite started changing yet, it should still be absolutely spectacular to take in the Blue Ridge Parkway in a convertable with sticks made of thai. I will consider some other dates in the calendar and propose them here eventually, but with a tentative date of that first weekend in September, how does that fit into the proposed Summitees schedules?

02-07-03 10:40 AM
nankerphelge You mean SS and FPM? Nah -- that'll blow over. If they got over the Fantastic Four pencil thingy, I'm sure they'll work thru this too. Nope, 'fraid were here for the long haul. Wait until the ASS -- you'll see!!

And early September is beautiful -- yes -- the Blue Ridge in a convertible -- I like the sounds of that.
[Edited by nankerphelge]
02-07-03 10:50 AM
Maxlugar Early September would be simply marvelous.

I looked into flying down also but there are no direct flights from NY to Charlotte!

What the hell? I gotta fly to Dallas or St. Louis first??

Who do I have to petition to have a Bullet Train setup between our fine cities?

I'm not sure I'll have to time to go to DC first and drive down with you guys.

I have some details to work out here....

Developing........

02-07-03 10:51 AM
jb How was your get together with Joey?
02-07-03 10:52 AM
nankerphelge Not sure if you have time to get to DC???

Macky, you disappoint!
02-07-03 10:57 AM
Maxlugar I know!

I understand DC is a wonderful place to be lately. You know, with all the republicans running it...

But I'm thinking I'll only have the weekend with no extra days.

I need to get in and out fast! Just like Peter North.

MmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMAXY!
02-07-03 11:00 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Early September would be simply marvelous.

I looked into flying down also but there are no direct flights from NY to Charlotte!

What the hell? I gotta fly to Dallas or St. Louis first??

Who do I have to petition to have a Bullet Train setup between our fine cities?

I'm not sure I'll have to time to go to DC first and drive down with you guys.

I have some details to work out here....

Developing........

Yep - to get anywhere from down here you have to go to all sorts of unlikely locations . . . Unless you're going to fly into Atlanta, which is three/four hours away. I only have experience driving into NYC, know nothing about flying in from here, so I don't know what Knoxville or Greenville look like, but you might want to check them out . . .

02-07-03 11:04 AM
telecaster
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
You mean SS and FPM? Nah -- that'll blow over. If they got over the Fantastic Four pencil thingy, I'm sure they'll work thru this too. Nope, 'fraid were here for the long haul. Wait until the ASS -- you'll see!!

And early September is beautiful -- yes -- the Blue Ridge in a convertible -- I like the sounds of that.
[Edited by nankerphelge]

September works perfect. They do have a hotel now at
Biltmore but the prices are higher than the balls on
a giraffe.

Ashville better not be a dry town
02-07-03 11:04 AM
Maxlugar Nasty,

As long as I don't have to go through Nebraska....

In the words of the immortal Betty Davis "What..a..shit hole!".

So we'll see....

If I have to fashion wings made of wax and fly close to the sun, I'll find a way.

MERKY MERK!
02-07-03 11:09 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
telecaster wrote:

September works perfect. They do have a hotel now at
Biltmore but the prices are higher than the balls on
a giraffe.

Ashville better not be a dry town

There are dry counties in North Carolina but Buncombe is not one of them. The rules of NC drinking go like this, for those that don't know: Beer and wine are purchaseable at any grocer or gas station with an appropriate license, but for liquor purchases you have to go to an "ABC" Store, which is a government sanctioned liquor sales repository, as far as I can tell. Bars only serve beer and wine unless they are a restaurant or a "private club", in which case they can serve liquor. Technically, if you're not a member of the club ;or the guest of a member and you haven't paid your dues, you can't drink there. Hell, you can't even be there. It's very bizarre.

02-07-03 11:10 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

If I have to fashion wings made of wax and fly close to the sun, I'll find a way.

MERKY MERK!

From what I've read, if you do that, you'll fall.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST