ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Frank Micelotta with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: So who do I meet today at Dunkin' Donuts? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
February 9th, 2006 10:21 PM
lotsajizz a Massachusetts company though.....better be careful!

February 9th, 2006 10:46 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh and Riffy...

WTF is up with this coconut iced coffee crap?

It is my considered opinion that there is only ONE thing that is acceptable to add to coffee, and that is whiskey.

You put anything else in coffee and you are either gay, or an old woman.

Coffee is made to drink black. And it is certainly the only MANLY way to drink it.

I am always suspicious of any establishment that, when you ask for coffee, they refer you to a menu board.

I was at a Starbucks once and had, roughly, this conversation with the little dink behind the counter.

Starbuck's Dink: What can I get for you sir? Our specials today are Mocha Mint Soy Decaf Frappacino and...

SS: Regular coffee, black.

SD: What blend would you like sir?

SS: I don't really care, just make sure it's high test, and black.

SD: Will our house blend be OK?

SS: Uh, I guess. As long as it's black and has caffeine in it.

SD: Would you like any of our flavorings today sir?

SS: Yeah, I want coffee flavored coffee. Black.

SD: Would you care for any nutmeg or cinnimon?

SS: Look dude, I just want a cup of black coffee. Do you have black coffee? Can't you just walk over to that rack of thermoses and pour me a cup of black coffee? I'll pay you extra if you'll just pick up that cup (SS points to the stack of to go cups beside the cash register) and put some regular black coffee in it, and do it without asking me any more questions. Seriously, I'll give you a dollar tip. Just get me some black coffee right now.

SD: Well sir, it's just not that easy, we have so many different kinds of coffee and coffee drinks that we have to...

SS: (Covers ears with hands.) Never mind dude....(SS walks out.)

The only time I've been to a Starbucks since then was on the way home from the Philly 9/12 show on the turnpike. Captive audience. If the Sbarro would have been open, I woulda got my coffee there.

New Yorkers got it right. You order coffee black, coffee light(with milk), or coffee regular(milk and sugar). There are no specials, no mocha mint decaf soy latte crap, no fucking coffee menu. Well, I guess there is if you go to Starbucks.

Dunkin Donuts has all that crap too, but if I go in one of those places and say "Can I have a medium black coffee please?", I don't have to play 20 questions to get the fucking stuff. You know what I mean?

Maybe I drink too much coffee....
February 9th, 2006 10:50 PM
sirmoonie Yeah SS, they have fucked up coffee as much as they have fucked up beer in the past. Light beer? WTF? Cinnamon coffee latte espresso? WTF?

Say it with me everyone: "Your slip is starting to show, Clarence."
February 9th, 2006 11:15 PM
Bloozehound that's why I never go to Starbucks, way to complicated for something so simple

not to mention its a tad gay too
February 9th, 2006 11:25 PM
Sir Stonesalot Cool.

I thought it was just me....
February 9th, 2006 11:34 PM
gypsy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Cool.

No way - you're not the only fag on this board. Why would you think that?
February 9th, 2006 11:36 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Cool.

Try ordering coffee in a US airport at 6am these days. ALL you want is caffeine and to be left alone. 15 minutes later, having denied more menu items than you knew possible, and had to make pivotal choices on a subset of them, you may get a sip...
February 9th, 2006 11:55 PM
Riffhard Hey now Essy....wait up here man. The deal is this. On my way to work everyday I get one large assed cup of Coconut flavoured ice coffee. Why? Because I can power it down,and get an immediate caffine jolt. It's all about the jolt before I get to work.

As for coffee. I typically take my coffee black,or with milk. No sugar though. Never sugar! Except ofcourse,when I'm drinking my one large Coconut ice coffee.

I hate that Starbucks crap as well. Ask pdog or Feej about the fucked up froo-froo shit they gave me at the Starbucks at the Marriott in NYC. I was very thirsty,after a Stones filled party night,so I opted,again,for a coffee drink that would quench my thirst as well as wake my tired ass up. So I order an ice coffee. The chick asks if I want regular or Mocha. So I say,"Fuck it lets celebrate! Make it a Mocha!" Five minutes later I get this goddamned monstrosity that makes me feel gay just rememebering it. She loaded me up with whipped cream,chocholate shavings,and chocholate sauce dizzled all over it.

I just wanted a cup of iced coffee,and to not question my own manhood,and this bitch hands me a fucking Castro District,froo-froo,"Look at me I'm gay!",fucking ice cream sundae posing as a cup of ice coffee.

I did my best to conceal it as I drank it,but I still was quite embarrassed,and felt bad that pdog and Fiji had to stand next to me. Needless to say I drank it fast and have been trying to put it out of my mind ever since. So,you know,thanks for that.

Riffy
February 10th, 2006 12:08 AM
sirmoonie PDog and Fiji are both Howes for even standing with you at a Starbucks, while you ordered swish juice.

Holy piss on a pop-moof, you guys really are a bunch of mince pies!
February 10th, 2006 01:06 AM
JuanTCB I met Dana Hersey in a Dunkin' Donuts. Remember him, Bostonians? TV38's The Movie Loft?

Rarified Massholes flock to Dunkies. It's in our blood - it's a fact.
February 10th, 2006 01:19 AM
Kilroy I was lucky enough to play Butch Trucks Pinball and share a beer, one night.
February 10th, 2006 01:57 AM
pdog
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Dunkin' Donuts coffee is really good!

Popular with C List celebs and A List posters!

Yes ! Yes !! YES !!!

Hey, what show am I supposed to ask my sis about, she's in town right now...?
February 10th, 2006 07:52 AM
egon Sadly there's no Dunkin' Donuts here in shitville.
Then again, maybe it's for the best, cos i like me a little donut every now and always.
February 10th, 2006 07:54 AM
LadyJane egon........I MUST use this

Okay???

LJ.
February 10th, 2006 08:01 AM
egon Of course, Take it!
February 10th, 2006 08:02 AM
LadyJane thanks..........I'm SO bitter re Valentine's Day this year.

I'll put them to good use.

HeHeHe

LJ.
February 10th, 2006 08:20 AM
Factory Girl Was Peter Criss wearing his Cat Face??
February 10th, 2006 08:28 AM
Nellcote I'm down with Coconut Ice.
It was one of several new flavors test mahketed last summa
at our local D & D, as the distribution centah is here
in our town.
It rocks the house.

Riffy, when I saw the "Mr Hook" in your post, it was vintage 70's flashback material for me...
Brings back all things '70's for me...
Tango, Maximus Super, Miller smalls 48 case, Acapulco Gold, my convertible Fairlane with 12 speakahs, standing while driving on Ole Cape Cod...

THE COVER OF THE ROLLING STONE
Oh, we’re big rock singers.
We got golden fingers.
And we’re loved everywhere we go.
We sing about beauty,
And we sing about truth
At ten thousand dollars a show.
We take all kinds of pills
To give us all kind of thrills,
But the thrill we’ve never known
Is the thrill that’ll getcha
When you get your picture
On the cover of the Rolling Stone.

Rolling Stone...
Wanna see my picture on the cover.
Stone...
Wanna buy five copies for my Mother.
Stone...
Wanna see my smiling face

I got a freaky old lady
Named Cocaine Katy
Who embroiders all my jeans.
Got my poor old grey-haired daddy
Drivin’ my limousine.
It’s all designed to blow our minds,
But our minds won’t really get blown
Like the blow that’ll getcha
When you get your picture

We gotta lotta little teenage blue-eyed groupies
Who do anything we say.
We got a genuine Indian guru
Who’s teaching us a better way.
We got all the friends that money can buy,
So we never have to be alone.
And we keep getting richer,
But we can’t get our picture

You want more?
Sure...

http://youtube.com/w/Dr.-Hook-Cover-Of-The-Rolling-Stone?v=fyOwYupSKEU&search=dr%20hook

February 10th, 2006 08:53 AM
egon
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
thanks..........I'm SO bitter re Valentine's Day this year.
I'll put them to good use.
HeHeHe
LJ.

Valentine is commercial anyway & created by the U.S. Mail.
(Or so i try to get my girlfriend to believe...)

February 10th, 2006 09:06 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Ding,ding,ding!! Yep Peter Criss! Nice guy. Shite drummer.

Riffy

Gene $immon$ would agree
February 10th, 2006 11:49 AM
luxury1 Peter Criss of KISS fame?

My first concert ever. Passed out on the sidewalk BEFORE the show--always one to attempt to keep up with the boys....
I did regain consciousness and get to the show. I knew all the fucking words. THe 70's.......
February 10th, 2006 12:06 PM
Nellcote Luxy wrote:

My first concert ever. Passed out on the sidewalk BEFORE the show--always one to attempt to keep up with the boys....
I did regain consciousness and get to the show. I knew all the fucking words. THe 70's.......

You bring up my fifth concert, where I found the underside of a tarp covering the football field more exciting than the show. And don't go giving this "keep up with the boys" crap, as the chicks I ran with could drink most boys under the table, along with getting an A for performance under the table....
Long Live The 70's!
February 10th, 2006 12:23 PM
Joey " I This guy is a drummer for a band that was one of the biggest bands in the world for the 70's and early 80's. He ain't no Charlie Watts I'll tell you that much!

So anyone care to guess who it was? "

Easy ! :

February 10th, 2006 12:46 PM
Dan I once met Philthy Animal Taylor of Motorhead at a 7-11 in Hollywood. 7-11 usually has decent coffee. But I usually just drink a pot or two of whatever is on sale. Black, of course.
February 10th, 2006 12:47 PM
Joey
quote:
Dan wrote:
......just drink a pot or two of whatever is on sale. Black, of course.

Speaking of black ...... Phil Lynott was a Black Man !

February 10th, 2006 12:59 PM
Saint Sway I've always dreamed of one day meeting Ace Freeley at a Krispie Kreme!!

but this is just as cool!

for now I'll just have to live vicariously thru Riffhards awesome experience and continue to pray that I'll one day share a glazed donut with Ace.
February 10th, 2006 01:20 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I've always dreamed of one day meeting Ace Freeley at a Krispie Kreme!!

but this is just as cool!

for now I'll just have to live vicariously thru Riffhards awesome experience and continue to pray that I'll one day share a glazed donut with Ace.

His face sorta looks like a glazed donut that was left out in the sun too long.
February 10th, 2006 01:47 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Joey wrote:

Interesting you mention that, I was just playing thier Johnny The Fox album earlier, good stuff!!
February 10th, 2006 02:07 PM
Angiegirl Roger Taylor of Queen???
February 10th, 2006 02:15 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Joey wrote:

Black Phil!

Joey, Phil was a righteous black man.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)