ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Frank Micelotta with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Stones are dance hitmakers now Return to archive
February 9th, 2006 12:23 PM
Soldatti In the States, the biggest hit from ABB is into the clubs and not in the radio. Rain Fall Down, already surpassed the peak positions of RJ (#25) and ONNYA (#34) on the Billboard Mainstream Rock Tracks and is sharing the playlist of the clubs with Mariah, Coldplay, Madonna and Ashlee Simpson among others.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/chart_display.jsp?f=Hot+Dance+Club+Play&pageNumber=Top+11-25&g=Singles
February 9th, 2006 12:27 PM
Lazy Bones **BLANK FRIGGIN STARE**
February 9th, 2006 12:30 PM
gimmekeef Soldatti....I really appreciate your updates and facts..sometimes however too much information can be damaging!...lol..ASSLEE Simpson huh?
February 10th, 2006 09:26 AM
Paranoid_Android Personally, I like when songs are remixed...into club hits, radio edits, etc...always have...I love great dance tracks with sublte hints of songs layered about. Just my opinion. And I do like the remix of RFD
February 10th, 2006 09:29 AM
Jumacfly Will I Am remix got a great airplay on radio nova, one of the biggest free radiostation of the country.
February 10th, 2006 01:03 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
In the States, the biggest hit from ABB is into the clubs and not in the radio. Rain Fall Down, already surpassed the peak positions of RJ (#25) and ONNYA (#34) on the Billboard Mainstream Rock Tracks and is sharing the playlist of the clubs with Mariah, Coldplay, Madonna and Ashlee Simpson among others.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/chart_display.jsp?f=Hot+Dance+Club+Play&pageNumber=Top+11-25&g=Singles

regardless of the Macca/U2 lovefest here, we are still relevant in many categories!
February 10th, 2006 01:55 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

regardless of the Macca/U2 lovefest here, we are still relevant in many categories!

Amazing stuff!! I wonder if any of the Stones in 1962 would have guessed that 44 down the road their singles would chart higher on the dance chart than the album rock chart??
February 10th, 2006 02:42 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Amazing stuff!! I wonder if any of the Stones in 1962 would have guessed that 44 down the road their singles would chart higher on the dance chart than the album rock chart??

young Jake Cohl has been like a son to Mick more recently and has helped Mick realize the success of the dance market.

I suspect the stones had no idea this would happen....but also ponder....was there really dance music in 1962???
February 10th, 2006 03:10 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

young Jake Cohl has been like a son to Mick more recently and has helped Mick realize the success of the dance market.

I suspect the stones had no idea this would happen....but also ponder....was there really dance music in 1962???

There was certainly dance music then, just way different stuff than whats out now of course. I'm thinking of like big band stuff and whatever that music was people danced to on Lawrence Welk.
February 10th, 2006 03:18 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

There was certainly dance music then, just way different stuff than whats out now of course. I'm thinking of like big band stuff and whatever that music was people danced to on Lawrence Welk.

good answer!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)