ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Frank Micelotta with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: McCartney rocked the Grammys (Helter Skelter) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
February 9th, 2006 03:39 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Candace Youngblood wrote:

They both treated each other like shit.

It was not one-sided.

Sadly, Macca got the final say when he proposed changing the songwriting credits to have his name first....another humiliation!
February 9th, 2006 04:02 PM
keefjunkie
quote:
Prodigal Son wrote:
You've gotta be kidding? It was a fuckin' emberassment. He cant' sing and even though it pleased me to see him perform "Helter Skelter" of all songs, his band rocks out like Sha Na Na rocks out. The whole night was a suck-up fest between him and Bono. Those two are peas in a pod and if Lennon were alive I'm sure he'd have dissed U2's music as inferior to the Beatles by now (something along the lines of "egotistical, grandiose, Christian arena rock"). Kinda hypocrticical coming from Johnny, but it would make lots of sense. U2 is not the next Beatles, goddamnit! They are like the Clash lite. It pains me to see what kind of pedestal they've been put on compared to the true greats. Do we forget Dylan so easily? Ah well, he'll be back strong for those Grammy assmunches with his next album (can't wait, to quote a song of his).

Did you just put U2 in the same arena as the clash??

Joe Strummer > Bono

math was always my strong suit
February 9th, 2006 04:08 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
keefjunkie wrote:

Did you just put U2 in the same arena as the clash??

Joe Strummer > Bono

math was always my strong suit

Indeed, and...

Kid Kreole > Bono
February 9th, 2006 04:10 PM
Joey
quote:
Candace Youngblood wrote:

They both treated each other like shit.

It was not one-sided.

February 9th, 2006 04:13 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Indeed, and...

Kid Kreole > Bono

Not only THAT, but...

ANY of the Coconuts>Bono
February 9th, 2006 04:19 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Not only THAT, but...

ANY of the Coconuts>Bono

Even the back-up dancers with the coconuts...nice!!
February 9th, 2006 04:42 PM
Prodigal Son No, I only called U2 the Clash-lite. That may have been too generous. The Clash was brilliant, U2 is inspired yes, but not significant in the history of rock at all. I liked the 80s U2 but ever since Atchung Baby, they've been getting worse and more and more old. Them getting Grammys for All That You Can't Leave Behind and How to Dismantle... would be like the Stones finally winning with Undercover and Steel Wheels. U2 are like the modern-day Eagles; inoffensive, mannered, arena-driven music. And that's not a good thing.
February 9th, 2006 04:43 PM
glencar Or winning for Voodoo Lounge. I don't care that much, honestly, but they were the best in last night's group.
February 9th, 2006 04:50 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Or winning for Voodoo Lounge. I don't care that much, honestly, but they were the best in last night's group.

February 9th, 2006 04:51 PM
glencar Meow!
February 9th, 2006 06:59 PM
Soldatti
quote:
glencar wrote:
Or winning for Voodoo Lounge. I don't care that much, honestly, but they were the best in last night's group.

VL won for best rock album in 1995, the only album award that they got so far.
February 9th, 2006 07:25 PM
glencar Yes although TY won for best album design or something like that.
February 9th, 2006 07:35 PM
pdog
quote:
Joey wrote:

Pussy With Teeth

February 9th, 2006 10:28 PM
Lavendar Paul McCartney was Good "Last Year" at the Superbowl! Forgettaabout the Grammys' YUCH! Even the Associated Press reviewed this year as, WTF!
February 10th, 2006 12:56 AM
Starbuck i must weigh in on a few maters of national importance.
Candace:
quote:
Candace stated erroneously: "However "craptacular" and "craptastic" are mine.

neither of these are yours. both are in common usage and have appeared on TV and in movies.

joey:

please stop stealing my pictures, dammit.

pug et al:

first off, when lennon said ringo wasn't even the best drummer in the beatles, he was referring to macca. it must be said clearly that macca was and still is a fabulous musician. or, at least, a well rounded one. the guy plays piano, guitar, bass, drums and, most importantly, has one of the best and most versatile voices in rock history. compare the sweet, melodic paulie of "till there was you" and "i will" to the grungy, vocal cord shredding macca of "i've got a feeling", "oh darling" and the like. like him or hate him, you cannot deny that he was a fine musician. of course he wasn't the artist that lennon was...of course i would much rather share a beer and pack of smokes with john and george...of course he is a putz for trying to change the composing order to mccartney/lennon and having a cash bar at his wedding...the list goes on...but the man is still an amazing talent. a pop talent perhaps, but an amazing talent nonetheless.

of course, his solo career pales in comparison to his beatle days...my opinion at least...

February 10th, 2006 02:48 AM
Zack Agree Starbuck. Macca may annoy the hell out of you, but to deny he has immense talent is just wrong.
February 10th, 2006 06:03 AM
speedfreakjive (quote)Them getting Grammys for All That You Can't Leave Behind and How to Dismantle... would be like the Stones finally winning with Undercover and Steel Wheels(unquote)

True, but I reckon ATYCLB is pretty good in places.
February 10th, 2006 07:08 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Zack wrote:
Agree Starbuck. Macca may annoy the hell out of you, but to deny he has immense talent is just wrong.

Exactly, just the same way that it may take talent to be an auctioneer, but that don't mean I want to listen to the guy ramble on.
February 10th, 2006 09:09 AM
Candace Youngblood
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
i must weigh in on a few maters of national importance.
Candace:

neither of these are yours. both are in common usage and have appeared on TV and in movies.

No shit, sherlock. I guess my sarcasm doesn't translate well.

But thanks for enlightening the clueless masses about the Beatles. I agree with ya on that.
February 10th, 2006 10:43 AM
Joey " But thanks for enlightening the clueless masses about the Beatles. I agree with ya on that."

February 10th, 2006 11:27 AM
nankerphelge McCartney Snubs Sting, The Boss
Friday, February 10, 2006
By Roger Friedman
Paul McCartney did not like losing Best Album to U2 on Grammy night.

After James Taylor and Bonnie Raitt announced that U2's "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" had beaten McCartney's "Chaos and Creation in the Back Yard," the ex-Beatle got up and left with his very arrogant bodyguard. They weren't exactly subtle about it, either.

If he'd stayed, like everyone else, McCartney would have seen Bruce Springsteen and Sam Moore's knockout tribute to the late Wilson Pickett on "In the Midnight Hour."

The pair was joined by The Edge and Elvis Costello, with Raitt on background vocals. Unfortunately, McCartney was long gone by then.

Backstage, McCartney was pretty much at loose ends. Occasionally he'd leave his dressing room and walk up the corridor looking for a little love and attention.

On one such trip, he walked right past Sting without saying hello, at the same time giving his royal wave to excited fans in the VIP area.
-----------------------------------------------

What a loser!

February 10th, 2006 11:34 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
McCartney Snubs Sting, The Boss
By Roger Friedman

After James Taylor and Bonnie Raitt announced that U2's "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" had beaten McCartney's "Chaos and Creation in the Back Yard," the ex-Beatle got up and left with his very arrogant bodyguard. They weren't exactly subtle about it, either.

If he'd stayed, like everyone else, McCartney would have seen Bruce Springsteen and Sam Moore's knockout tribute to the late Wilson Pickett on "In the Midnight Hour."

The pair was joined by The Edge and Elvis Costello, with Raitt on background vocals. Unfortunately, McCartney was long gone by then.

Backstage, McCartney was pretty much at loose ends. Occasionally he'd leave his dressing room and walk up the corridor looking for a little love and attention.

On one such trip, he walked right past Sting without saying hello, at the same time giving his royal wave to excited fans in the VIP area.

What a loser!

He can't be surprised he didn't win, no one even heard that album, I bet Ringo's last album did better than Macca's!!
February 10th, 2006 11:35 AM
voodoopug
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
McCartney Snubs Sting, The Boss
By Roger Friedman

What a loser!

sadly, this article supports what I have been telling the board for years. Macca/U2 have no place on a stones board and should not be defended!
February 10th, 2006 11:37 AM
Joey

GRAMMY’S: GOOD OR TOO MUCH HYPE?

" Howard reviewed some Grammy performances from last night and didn’t think that the music was really that interesting. Gary said that they got rid of most of the boring stuff that usually bogs awards shows down and thought it was better than previous years, but it was still a little long. Gorillaz performed with Madonna to start the show, Howard played a clip and wondered why people would spend their time watching a cartoon. Howard thought it was disturbing to watch Madonna because she’s in too good of shape for a 47 year old woman. Gary said that it’s like looking at his neighbor, but the neighbor’s kind of hot and in really good shape. Howard played a Coldplay clip and Robin said she doesn’t really get this band, which Howard agreed to. He said that the problem with Coldplay is that Chris Martin just sounds the same on each song. He then played a clip of U2 performing their hit song One, with Mary J. Blige joining the band midway though. She came into the song and sang off key and started screaming at one point. Howard thought that Kelly Clarkson was good and Gary added that at least American Idol trains people to perform live. Jay-Z and rock band Linkin Park performed together also, singing one of their hits off of their collaboration CD. During the song, they switched over to singing the Beatles hit, Yesterday and Paul McCartney joined them to finish their set. Gary said that it was really weird though, because Chester Bennington from Linkin Park and Paul sang together, but Jay-Z just kept saying things like “Yeah, Yeah” and “That’s right.” Jamie Foxx and Kanye West also performed, dressed up in competing marching band gear. Howard also played a clip of Kelly Clarkson accepting an award and crying through her acceptance speech. Howard said it was inappropriate, but sweet. "

http://www.howardstern.com/rundown.php

February 10th, 2006 11:42 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Joey wrote:

GRAMMY’S: GOOD OR TOO MUCH HYPE?

" Howard reviewed some Grammy performances from last night and didn’t think that the music was really that interesting. Gary said that they got rid of most of the boring stuff that usually bogs awards shows down and thought it was better than previous years, but it was still a little long. Gorillaz performed with Madonna to start the show, Howard played a clip and wondered why people would spend their time watching a cartoon. Howard thought it was disturbing to watch Madonna because she’s in too good of shape for a 47 year old woman. Gary said that it’s like looking at his neighbor, but the neighbor’s kind of hot and in really good shape. Howard played a Coldplay clip and Robin said she doesn’t really get this band, which Howard agreed to. He said that the problem with Coldplay is that Chris Martin just sounds the same on each song. He then played a clip of U2 performing their hit song One, with Mary J. Blige joining the band midway though. She came into the song and sang off key and started screaming at one point. Howard thought that Kelly Clarkson was good and Gary added that at least American Idol trains people to perform live. Jay-Z and rock band Linkin Park performed together also, singing one of their hits off of their collaboration CD. During the song, they switched over to singing the Beatles hit, Yesterday and Paul McCartney joined them to finish their set. Gary said that it was really weird though, because Chester Bennington from Linkin Park and Paul sang together, but Jay-Z just kept saying things like “Yeah, Yeah” and “That’s right.” Jamie Foxx and Kanye West also performed, dressed up in competing marching band gear. Howard also played a clip of Kelly Clarkson accepting an award and crying through her acceptance speech. Howard said it was inappropriate, but sweet. "

http://www.howardstern.com/rundown.php

As far as Kanye's performance went, he was never that good but on the grammy's he managed to be worse than ever, half of the time it was just some stupid shout off between the "gold-digger's" and "broke thugs". Maybe that was a blessing though, it kept his mouth shut.
February 10th, 2006 06:27 PM
Soldatti Macca's face was incredible when he lost for album of the year. He played 3 songs at the show by first time and didn't win anything.
February 10th, 2006 10:48 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Macca's face was incredible when he lost for album of the year. He played 3 songs at the show by first time and didn't win anything.

Poor Macca....he reminded me of the time "Joey" threw a fit on Friends at the daytime soap awards!!
February 11th, 2006 02:09 AM
Rodney_King So macca took a beating at the grammys, eh?

Speaking of taking a beating:

http://www.dussault.ws/Videos/funny%20video%20-%20baseball%20in%20the%20nuts.mpeg
February 11th, 2006 02:48 AM
Reginald Denny Starbuck wrote:
i must weigh in on a few maters of national importance.
Candace:

Dang. Busted twice in one thread.

As for the "fucktard" riddle.

A contraction of "fucking retard".fucking + retard = fucktard
by cm476 Nov 7, 2002
2. Fucktard link send redefine 369 up, 113 down

1. n: the state of being a fuck while at the same time illustrating the qualities of a mentally challenged personel, or, presently, a retard
2. n: one's innate ability to illustrate extreme dumbassness/bitchiness, even beyond the scopes of a normal fuck and/or retard
3. n: one who repeatedly and liberally uses the word "Doop" (see definition)Gee! That sure was a great game of monopoly, and... HOLY SHIT, LOOK AT THAT FUCKTARD
by Sonny Apr 9, 2003
3. fucktard link send redefine 323 up, 80 down

Someone who sees 13 pages of definitions for a basic combination of two words and feels the need to add another, identical one.1) A fucking retard
2) A retarded fuck
3) A fuck, who is also retarded
4) ...
by Anonymous Jan 16, 2004
4. Fucktard link send redefine 469 up, 305 down

Someone who is so stupid by default that to call them a retard would be an insult to those retarded everywhere.

Their ignorance and lack of redeeming factors make them fucktards."I can't believe John, the stupid fucktard, would go and say that to Julie after telling him so many times not to!"
by Matt Hayward (AUS) Mar 30, 2004
6. fucktard link send redefine 126 up, 42 down

An alias that is used by a very clever person to make Mensa members look like idiots on discussion boards.Hey Jerome, that fucktard really made you look like you don't know jack about theoretical sub-atomic particle physics.
by anonymous Mar 18, 2003
7. fucktard link send redefine 125 up, 71 down

Noun. A combination of the word "fuck" (to fornicate) and the word "tard" (to delay). Therefore, a fucktard is a girl who won't let you fornicate with her until like the third or fourth date.Most catholic girls are fucktards.
by Alfie The Horndog Great Britain Jul 1, 2005
8. Fucktard link send redefine 144 up, 96 down

A leotard with a hole in the crotch instead of snaps so you can get some quick in and out action between ballet performances.Damn that ballet was boring, but Jenny wore her Fucktard and gave me a piece if I promised to stay for the whole show. It was worth it!!!
by Andi Mar 2, 2005
9. Fucktard link send redefine 118 up, 92 down

Someone who repeatedly proves to be a lower life form while attempting to make themselves interesting to others.Britney Spears has once again proven to be a complete Fucktard by pulling that little marriage stunt.
by Hannah Jan 13, 2004
10. fucktard link send redefine 90 up, 67 down

Fucking Retard, someone who is far beyond a dumbass, someone who has done something so rediculously stupid or braindead that words can scarcely define.Phil, you're a fucktard!
That phil guy is a total fucktard.

[Edited by Reginald Denny]
February 11th, 2006 02:58 AM
pdog I've smoked a few crackers in my time!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)