ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Frank Micelotta with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: McCartney rocked the Grammys (Helter Skelter) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
February 9th, 2006 10:52 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
Macca is hugely talented, he's better than The Stones because he was in The Beatles (more popular worldwide), and is a hell of a lot wealthier

Gee sorry I missed Macca..lol..I was in Atlanta rockin my ass off to the true legends of Rock &Roll....Did Paulie play Uncle Albert for everyone?!.....Grammies Schhmammies..Guess according to your logic then because Ringo was in the Beatles he was a great drummer?...yeah right!!!!
February 9th, 2006 10:54 AM
glencar LOL I can send you the Grammy tape so you can see what a fucktard you're dealing with!
February 9th, 2006 10:59 AM
glencar Tom Hanks looks horrible.
February 9th, 2006 11:05 AM
FPM C10
quote:
glencar wrote:
LOL I can send you the Grammy tape so you can see what a fucktard you're dealing with!

The term "fucktard", carrying with it the delicious tabu of the "F" word along with the delightfully politically incorrect term "retard", is the exclusive intellectual property of my sweetheart and sometime alter-ego Miss Candace Youngblood, and may only be used with her/my express written permission, and even then only to describe Republicans.

Cease and desist!
February 9th, 2006 11:07 AM
glencar What? Your hardboiled nemesis uses it all the time on Maxy's board. You'd better consult Nanker on this one.
February 9th, 2006 11:11 AM
Joey

BEST MACCA YET !!!!!

February 9th, 2006 11:19 AM
glencar Your taste is in your ass, man. Macca sucked - bigtime.
February 9th, 2006 11:22 AM
Joey " Your taste is in your ass, man. Macca sucked - bigtime."

February 9th, 2006 11:30 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
Macca is hugely talented, he's better than The Stones because he was in The Beatles (more popular worldwide), and is a hell of a lot wealthier

Hmmm, I guess with that reasoning, 50 Cent, Kanye West, Ashlee Simpson and Mariah Carey all put out better albums in 2005 than The Rolling Stones because they sold more copies.
February 9th, 2006 11:33 AM
FPM C10
quote:
glencar wrote:
What? Your hardboiled nemesis uses it all the time on Maxy's board. You'd better consult Nanker on this one.

A nemesis??? MOI???? AT MAXY'S BOARD!!!???

I find all of that hard to be believe and difficult to digest!

As for the IP - it's all down to who filed the paperwork first!

I believe Nanky said he gets $500/second to handle IP cases. I will be going with Lionel Hutz on this one.

February 9th, 2006 11:39 AM
nanatod "according to your logic then because Ringo was in the Beatles he was a great drummer?..."

Macca in my opinion was the least talented of the Beatles. I've read where professional drummers approve of Ringo's timekeeping.

Not even looking at both parties' recent performances, there is no way that solo McCartney is even in the same universe as the Stones and their legacy.

As far as U2 goes, I know that they get slagged on this board, which slagging I agree with, but for different reasons that most of the posters. U2's continuing ascendence and popularity hurts U2's more qualified contemporaries.
[Edited by nanatod]
February 9th, 2006 11:39 AM
Candace Youngblood Nope, honey. I stole it from another board a long time ago.

It rolls off the tongue so well.

However "craptacular" and "craptastic" are mine.
February 9th, 2006 12:01 PM
FPM C10
quote:
nanatod wrote:
"according to your logic then because Ringo was in the Beatles he was a great drummer?..."

Macca in my opinion was the least talented of the Beatles. I've read where professional drummers approve of Ringo's timekeeping.

I would say as far as plain old "talent" goes, Pauly was actually the MOST talented Beatle. That is using a definition of talent which leans more toward skill/ability and less toward genius. Lennon was a genius but his live performances were usually the worst of the lot.

As far as Ringo goes - "Ringo wasn't even the best drummer in the Beatles, let alone the world!" - John Lennon
February 9th, 2006 12:04 PM
Break The Spell That was always odd Lennon said that about ol' Ringo, since the only other drummer they had was Pete Best, and wasn't he thrown out of the band cuz he pretty much sucked as a drummer??
February 9th, 2006 12:16 PM
gimmekeef Drummers?....Theres Charlie...then all the rest...and you can put em in any order startin at Number 2....
February 9th, 2006 12:17 PM
gimmekeef And Ringo definitely is a Number 2!!!!!!!!
February 9th, 2006 12:33 PM
nanatod "Pauly was actually the MOST talented Beatle"

I respectfully disagree. Music-wise, you have to go with George's playing first, then John's inventiveness, then Ringo timekeeping.

McCartney, his fey songwriting, and his attempts to rock out [except for Helen Wheels, and live versions of Live and Let Die] just leave me cold. Isn't "Yesterday" the antithesis of everything on Exile on Main Street, to use just one example from the Stones?
February 9th, 2006 12:39 PM
Candace Youngblood
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
That was always odd Lennon said that about ol' Ringo, since the only other drummer they had was Pete Best, and wasn't he thrown out of the band cuz he pretty much sucked as a drummer??

He was referring to Paul actually. Right, FPM?
February 9th, 2006 12:44 PM
Candace Youngblood
quote:
nanatod wrote:
"Pauly was actually the MOST talented Beatle"

I respectfully disagree. Music-wise, you have to go with George's playing first, then John's inventiveness, then Ringo timekeeping.

McCartney, his fey songwriting, and his attempts to rock out [except for Helen Wheels, and live versions of Live and Let Die] just leave me cold. Isn't "Yesterday" the antithesis of everything on Exile on Main Street, to use just one example from the Stones?

I repectfully disagree with you. While I hate, loathe, and despise Paul and he is definitely my least fave Beatle, he knew how to write a perfectly crafted pop song. It may be the antithesis of Exile, but that means nothing about talent, just style.
Not only that, but Paul could have played every instrument on his perfect pop songs and sometimes he even did do that. He wasn't even a bass player to begin with. So I still think he sucks, but he was definitely talented. For a while. A long time ago.
February 9th, 2006 01:37 PM
texile
quote:
glencar wrote:
Why does he bother? He should just play ballads & die already.

that's what they say about our guys.....
and macca was good at the grammies like he was when i saw him in houston - he's aged gracefully - performs his music and doesn't shit on his fans.
i don't why some of you get so agitated when some else is respected more than the stones.
i love the stones but they deserve what they give and sometimes they suck - face it ..
February 9th, 2006 01:39 PM
voodoopug
quote:
texile wrote:

that's what they say about our guys.....
and macca was good at the grammies like he was when i saw him in houston - he's aged gracefully - performs his music and doesn't shit on his fans.
i don't why some of you get so agitated when some else is respected more than the stones.
i love the stones but they deserve what they give and sometimes they suck - face it ..

I would rather set myself (and pugs) on fire than be a Macca fan!
February 9th, 2006 01:52 PM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
texile wrote:

I don't why some of you get so agitated when some else is respected more than the stones.

Because they don't deserve it? And by "they" I mean both the Stones and those more respected than them. You can slice it anyway you like, but apart from "Shitting" on their fans with what I assume you mean high ticket prices, there's basically nothing that the Stones have done that deserves the venom they receive while other artist get put on a perpetual pedestal.
February 9th, 2006 02:24 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Ihavelotsajam wrote:

Because they don't deserve it? And by "they" I mean both the Stones and those more respected than them. You can slice it anyway you like, but apart from "Shitting" on their fans with what I assume you mean high ticket prices, there's basically nothing that the Stones have done that deserves the venom they receive while other artist get put on a perpetual pedestal.

well put...we are hated by mainstream music fans/critics as evident by the intentional sabatoge by the sound engineers at the Super Bowl.
February 9th, 2006 02:28 PM
Joey
quote:
Candace Youngblood wrote:

Not only that, but Paul could have played every instrument on his perfect pop songs and sometimes he even did do that. He wasn't even a bass player to begin with. So I still think he sucks, but he was definitely talented. For a while. A long time ago.

Smart Woman !!!!

Paul had / has tremendous talent ( something that did NOT go unnoticed by John Lennon ) .
February 9th, 2006 02:35 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

Smart Woman !!!!

Paul had / has tremendous talent ( something that did NOT go unnoticed by John Lennon ) .

Paul has aged well, but his desire to surround himself with musicians half to a third of his age to appear younger/hip is not well accepted by me. He is the portrait of humiliation these days.
February 9th, 2006 02:37 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Paul has aged well, but his desire to surround himself with musicians half to a third of his age to appear younger/hip is not well accepted by me. He is the portrait of humiliation these days.

For My Puggy ! :

http://www.celebritymoviearchive.com/tour/movie.php/11320

February 9th, 2006 02:38 PM
glencar Lennon was such a jealous bitch when it came to Macca. See Joey v. Maxy.
February 9th, 2006 02:39 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

For My Puggy ! :

http://www.celebritymoviearchive.com/tour/movie.php/11320

that pug reminds me of Voodoochile!!!!!!!
February 9th, 2006 03:22 PM
texile
quote:
Ihavelotsajam wrote:

again, the stones deserve what they give...
they don't give a shit about fans (though i think keith does)
the stones are arrogant, have always been dismissive, greedy - what else?
and that's what i always loved about them,
i don't care who does or doesn't respect them and they didn't use to.....
the stones have created thier own myth so if they find themselves outside of the realm of conventional acceptance - they can only blame themsleves.
February 9th, 2006 03:28 PM
Candace Youngblood
quote:
glencar wrote:
Lennon was such a jealous bitch when it came to Macca.

They both treated each other like shit.

It was not one-sided.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)