ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Frank Micelotta with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: McCartney rocked the Grammys (Helter Skelter) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
February 8th, 2006 09:51 PM
Poison Dart I know I'm not going to make many friends saying this. But Paul McCartney was great at the Grammys tonight. His "A Fine Line" was pretty good. But when he played Helter Skelter the man brought the house down and showed why he is a legend.

McCartney at nearly 64 years old embarrassed bands a third his age tonight and got a huge standing ovation for his effots.
February 8th, 2006 09:53 PM
speedfreakjive Macca is hugely talented, he's better than The Stones because he was in The Beatles (more popular worldwide), and is a hell of a lot wealthier
February 8th, 2006 09:57 PM
voodoopug Sadly, he lost his place on Helter Skelter and was saved by his backup band of hired hands. The performance was embarrasing and was only topped by the ridiculous U2 duet.

Thanfully, we looked much better at the Super Bowl than at this sad event which is no longer a significant factor as there are too many award shows out there now.
February 8th, 2006 09:58 PM
Riffhard
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
he's better than The Stones because he was in The Beatles (more popular worldwide), and is a hell of a lot wealthier

****MAJOR BLANK FRIGGING STARE****

Riffy
February 8th, 2006 10:01 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

****MAJOR BLANK FRIGGING STARE****

Riffy

just in time for the reworked "enemies list"
February 8th, 2006 10:07 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
Sadly, he lost his place on Helter Skelter and was saved by his backup band of hired hands. The performance was embarrasing and was only topped by the ridiculous U2 duet.

Thanfully, we looked much better at the Super Bowl than at this sad event which is no longer a significant factor as there are too many award shows out there now.

OK, I know you don't like u2, but what song was the duet?
February 8th, 2006 10:07 PM
Lazy Bones Here we go with "popularity" again. I guess Barry Manilow's better, too...

Sheesh!

February 8th, 2006 10:08 PM
voodoopug
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

OK, I know you don't like u2, but what song was the duet?

I hate U2, but I did recognize the song: "One"
February 8th, 2006 10:09 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
Here we go with "popularity" again. I guess Barry Manilow's better, too...

Sheesh!

Barry Manilow looked a bit ragged, but still charismatic while performing on "Dancing with The Stars" last week!
February 8th, 2006 10:11 PM
speedfreakjive A repaying of the favour Macca did for u2 at Live 8 no doubt.

"I'll swap you one Sgt Pepper for one 'One'" LOL!

February 8th, 2006 10:12 PM
voodoopug
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
A repaying of the favour Macca did for u2 at Live 8 no doubt.

"I'll swap you one Sgt Pepper for one 'One'" LOL!

it wasnt with Macca, they did a duet with Mary J Blidge I think it was
February 8th, 2006 10:14 PM
speedfreakjive Oh right! hehe

A good week for the Stones and u2's bank accounts.

Major publicity, Stones have further mass exposure soon with the Rio gig.
February 8th, 2006 10:19 PM
voodoopug
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
Oh right! hehe

A good week for the Stones and u2's bank accounts.

Major publicity, Stones have further mass exposure soon with the Rio gig.

All Hail Young Jake Cohl!!!!!!!!!
February 8th, 2006 10:21 PM
speedfreakjive Hows the 'little one' coming on Pug?
Getting much sleep?
February 8th, 2006 10:56 PM
voodoopug
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
Hows the 'little one' coming on Pug?
Getting much sleep?

he is doing great...and no..not much sleep...they two kids are not quite on the same sleep schedule, but we have been able to get them to both sleep in the afternoon, so we could grab a short nap, but now I am going back to my office starting tomorrow...so the next hurdle shall begin!
February 8th, 2006 11:03 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

he is doing great...and no..not much sleep...they two kids are not quite on the same sleep schedule, but we have been able to get them to both sleep in the afternoon, so we could grab a short nap, but now I am going back to my office starting tomorrow...so the next hurdle shall begin!

All the best!! Grab the sleep when you can!!
February 8th, 2006 11:47 PM
Sir Stonesalot >I know I'm not going to make many friends saying this. But Paul McCartney was great at the Grammys tonight. His "A Fine Line" was pretty good. But when he played Helter Skelter the man brought the house down and showed why he is a legend.<

I saw part of that. It blew chunks. I felt embarrassed for him. I changed the channel.
February 9th, 2006 12:34 AM
Trey Krimsin The Grammys were on tonight? Oh. I guess I was too busy seeing the Demon Deacons lose their sixth game in a row. Guess I chose one dreary event over another.
February 9th, 2006 01:27 AM
pdog When I see Macca, I picture him in a purple dress and a scepter in his hand...
Dude looks like a lady...
February 9th, 2006 04:15 AM
Prodigal Son You've gotta be kidding? It was a fuckin' emberassment. He cant' sing and even though it pleased me to see him perform "Helter Skelter" of all songs, his band rocks out like Sha Na Na rocks out. The whole night was a suck-up fest between him and Bono. Those two are peas in a pod and if Lennon were alive I'm sure he'd have dissed U2's music as inferior to the Beatles by now (something along the lines of "egotistical, grandiose, Christian arena rock"). Kinda hypocrticical coming from Johnny, but it would make lots of sense. U2 is not the next Beatles, goddamnit! They are like the Clash lite. It pains me to see what kind of pedestal they've been put on compared to the true greats. Do we forget Dylan so easily? Ah well, he'll be back strong for those Grammy assmunches with his next album (can't wait, to quote a song of his).
February 9th, 2006 06:05 AM
Nellcote Macca and the word rock do not belong in the same sentance.
This thread must be taken down.
February 9th, 2006 06:45 AM
IzzyStradlin
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
Sadly, he lost his place on Helter Skelter and was saved by his backup band of hired hands. The performance was embarrasing and was only topped by the ridiculous U2 duet.

I can't STAND P. McArtney but to suggest that the Stones performance at the SB was better is tardo. Ricky retardo.

The Stones were AWFUL.
February 9th, 2006 08:15 AM
egon
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
This thread must be taken down.

post one of danish cartoon to speed things up
February 9th, 2006 08:50 AM
speedfreakjive I'm gonna have to go back on myself and say Macca is w*nk.
February 9th, 2006 10:37 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Prodigal Son wrote:
You've gotta be kidding? It was a fuckin' emberassment. He cant' sing and even though it pleased me to see him perform "Helter Skelter" of all songs, his band rocks out like Sha Na Na rocks out.

"his band rocks out like Sha Na Na rocks out."

blah ha ha ha ha!!! ROTFLMAO!!!

so true!!!

thank you for posting that!! With your permission, I would like to continue to use that line whenver referring to Sir Macca.
February 9th, 2006 10:42 AM
voodoopug
quote:
IzzyStradlin wrote:

I can't STAND P. McArtney but to suggest that the Stones performance at the SB was better is tardo. Ricky retardo.

The Stones were AWFUL.

you shall not be greeted
February 9th, 2006 10:44 AM
voodoopug
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
All the best!! Grab the sleep when you can!!

Thanks! I am back in my office today, i may crawl underneath it ala George Costanza as the little guy had a gas bubble or something last night, the only good thing that came out of it is that he stretched out his vocal chords from midnight to six AM. And to top it off, my oldest son (18 months) decided that he should puke in his bed and stink up the whole upper floor! Poor little guy must not have agreed with his dinner last night!

sigh!
February 9th, 2006 10:47 AM
glencar I heard "A Fine Line" from the other room as it was playing & it didn't sound too bad. Not great but nothing that caused me to fast forward the tape. But ay yi yi! Helter Skelter was painful only because I happened to go back into the room & seeing him play was painful. Why does he bother? He should just play ballads & die already.
February 9th, 2006 10:49 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
I heard "A Fine Line" from the other room as it was playing & it didn't sound too bad. Not great but nothing that caused me to fast forward the tape. But ay yi yi! Helter Skelter was painful only because I happened to go back into the room & seeing him play was painful. Why does he bother? He should just play ballads & die already.

or he should tour Antarctica exclusively
February 9th, 2006 10:50 AM
glencar Well, yeah, I mean I don't really wish him death...
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)