ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Frank Micelotta with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Happy Birthday Neal Cassady! Return to archive
February 8th, 2006 10:44 AM
FPM C10

Beat icon Neal Cassady would've been 80 today. All hail the Holy Goof!

February 8th, 2006 10:46 AM
Joey

Happy Happy Birthday !
February 8th, 2006 10:57 AM
Egbert HBD Cody
February 8th, 2006 11:28 AM
Candace Youngblood FPM has his extremely cool girlfriend to thank for this bulletin, otherwise he would have had no idea that it was Neal's birthday.

Happy Birthday to one of my non-traditional heroes...

February 8th, 2006 11:50 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Candace Youngblood wrote:
FPM has his extremely cool girlfriend to thank for this bulletin, otherwise he would have had no idea that it was Neal's birthday.

Happy Birthday to one of my non-traditional heroes...

That is very true. However, stealing is the most sincere form of flattery...right Joey?

Neal hunched at the wheel, keepin' everyone in stitches...
February 8th, 2006 11:52 AM
Candace Youngblood Why is my pic not showing up? It showed up on the hippie board...
February 8th, 2006 11:58 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Candace Youngblood wrote:
Why is my pic not showing up? It showed up on the hippie board...

SURE it did!

What are you guys smokin' over there?

Hey, my Babe...let's do lunch!
February 8th, 2006 12:18 PM
Ten Thousand Motels

"child of the streets--self-taught intellectual--legendary ladies man manic lightening-mouthed stormy husky rushing of mad ecstasy, prototype hipster hero for many candidates for beatitude hanging out in North Beach (hoping to catch a glimpse or even eavesdrop on one of his “high-octane hipologues” (Kesey, Demon Box, 1986)." Allen Ginsberg (Howl) wrote: “N.C., secret hero of these poems;” Kerouac called him ‘Dean Moriarty’ in On The Road(1957) and Kesey knew of him thusly and (in part) modeled Randall P. McMurphy after him (One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest) 1962) . Like Mr. Natural--con man charming manipulating--bohemian cowboy cast here as irrepressible rebel hero--constantly challenging authority.

Cassady became fully "pyschedlicized" after he met Ken Kesey, which resulted in Cassady’s legendary status as chauffer of Kesey’s Merry Pranksters bus, “Further” a 1939 International Harvester painted with Day-Glo.

"The bus came by and I got on
That’s when it all began
There was Cowboy Neal
At the wheel of the bus to Nevereverland"
---'The Other One' (Grateful Dead)

http://www.artlovemusic.com/snipe/view.php?photo_id=46&screen=0&cat_id=18&action=images

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
February 8th, 2006 11:19 PM
Starbuck cassidy is 80 today??

i thought he was much younger than that!

[Edited by Shirley Jones]
February 9th, 2006 03:22 AM
Child of the Moon Believe it nor not, it's my birthday, too. That's right, I share a birthday with Cowboy Neal AND James Dean.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)