ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Frank Micelotta with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hubert Sumlin Feb 25th at BB King's Return to archive
February 7th, 2006 04:07 PM
FPM C10 Anybody who's looking for world-class entertainment in NYC this month need look no further than BB King's. Appearing at 8 pm on Saturday Feb 25th will be the immortal Hubert Sumlin, along with Levon Helm on drums and the amazing David Johansen on vocals.

I saw the same line-up last March (check my review in the archives for details) and they do not disappoint. Highly recommended.
February 7th, 2006 04:15 PM
Saint Sway Helm
Johanson
Sumlin

all LEGENDS!
February 7th, 2006 04:19 PM
jb I wasn;t impressed with his HBO performance....
February 7th, 2006 05:23 PM
nanatod Some years ago, at a Fitzgerald's show, Sumlin told me that Howlin' Wolf really didn't have the gruff personality that he usually was portrayed as having, but was instead easy to work with if you played your parts correctly.

Also, last year, we saw Johansen and Sumlin with Willie Big Eyes Smith on drums and Pinetop Perkins on keys, but the NYC show should be pretty similar. Johansen must be recharged --playing with Sumlin, reuniting the Dolls with Sylvain.
February 7th, 2006 09:45 PM
FPM C10
quote:
jb wrote:
I wasn;t impressed with his HBO performance....

I didn't see it - I guess you mean the Clapton thing - but I was also unimpressed by Hubert and David Jo in that movie called "Lightning In A Bottle". No matter. I've seen them play live twice and they are the SHIT.

I would've loved to have seen them with Pine Top and Willie Big Eyes. Those guys are gods.

I would imagine the gig at BBs will be with Jimmy Vivino again.

Last year they did a set of Muddy and a set of Wolf. If you like that kind of stuff, you just can't hear it played live better anywhere. And Johansen makes it a party. If I lived in or near the city I would be there in a heartbeat.
February 7th, 2006 09:53 PM
pdog I'm unable to fly over Omaha for this show, but I would cross the street in a hot minute.
February 8th, 2006 09:16 AM
FPM C10 There's always the Panama Canal...
February 8th, 2006 06:32 PM
pdog
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
There's always the Panama Canal...

Costa Rica is the farthest south I will go...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)