ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Frank Micelotta with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Super Bowl Fallout Efect.... Return to archive Page: 1 2
February 8th, 2006 04:19 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

yeah LOL. But whats really funny is that I actually became a HUGE fan during that trilogy of shit.

I wasn't too far behind, and many don't consider SW all that great of an album, but it did spark my interest in the band.
February 8th, 2006 05:13 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
sales for "A Bigger Bang ~ DELUXE Edition" has seen a huge spike since the Super Bowl and the total number of sales has just crossed the three dozen sales plateau!

I wonder who the 2 people that bought it this week are?

Brooks and Dunn
February 8th, 2006 06:02 PM
texile
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

yeah LOL. But whats really funny is that I actually became a HUGE fan during that trilogy of shit.

that's a big LOL -
but was it those albums that got you or the past?
because some girls blew my mind in early 79 - and THAN i went back to the classics.
seriously saint, i can't picture myself sitting there staring at the she's the boss cover ......
that's went it all went wrong for me.
February 8th, 2006 06:22 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
texile wrote:

that's a big LOL -
seriously saint, i can't picture myself sitting there staring at the she's the boss cover ......
that's went it all went wrong for me.

I was 13 or 14 then. I thought Jagger was cool. WTF did I know?

quote:
texile wrote:
that's a big LOL -
but was it those albums that got you or the past?
because some girls blew my mind in early 79 - and THAN i went back to the classics.

Undercover blew my mind! And then I dove "deep" back into the classics. Way, way back.... I got a copy of Emotional Rescue! I then worked my way up to Still Life. Loved it all! And was absolutely convinced that it was impossible for a bands catalog to stretch any deeper than that. Sorta like pre-Columbus, when everyone swore the world was flat.

at the time I had some friends in school that would occasionally speak mention of albums called Hot Rocks or Sticky Fingers. I considered them heretics! Traitors! Satan worshipers! It was blastphamous! Hot Rocks??? Please! How could any old Stones album possibly be better than Mick's new solo album?? I'm not gonna waste my time listening to that old crap! Had they not seen Mick perform with Hall & Oates at Live Aid???? My god! What could be better than that???

oh to be young again!
February 8th, 2006 06:59 PM
texile
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I was 13 or 14 then. I thought Jagger was cool. WTF did I know?

Undercover blew my mind! And then I dove "deep" back into the classics. Way, way back.... I got a copy of Emotional Rescue! I then worked my way up to Still Life. Loved it all! And was absolutely convinced that it was impossible for a bands catalog to stretch any deeper than that. Sorta like pre-Columbus, when everyone swore the world was flat.

at the time I had some friends in school that would occasionally speak mention of albums called Hot Rocks or Sticky Fingers. I considered them heretics! Traitors! Satan worshipers! It was blastphamous! Hot Rocks??? Please! How could any old Stones album possibly be better than Mick's new solo album?? I'm not gonna waste my time listening to that old crap! Had they not seen Mick perform with Hall & Oates at Live Aid???? My god! What could be better than that???

oh to be young again!

actually, undercover blew my mind too -
that was the last great one for me so i can see being transformed by it -
but she's the boss?
i just can't picture it saint.....
i had been transformed by the some girls era - and jagger of 78 was a different animal from jagger 84....
he was irreverent, arrogant and still seemed a little ....dangerous.
jagger 84 was - a pod of some sort.
i remember thinking,
'who is this man and what did he do to mick jagger?'
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)