ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Frank Micelotta with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Super Bowl Fallout Efect.... Return to archive Page: 1 2
February 7th, 2006 11:53 AM
RollingstonesUSA After the show, some people where like where can I get that Rough Justice song, and I told them to go out and get A Bigger Bang....anyone think that sales will go up for ABB or any of the greatest hits albums....
February 7th, 2006 12:18 PM
Mel Belli I tend to doubt it. Maybe a slight bump. If anything, I think the majority of viewers, for various reasons, probably came away feeling less than positive about the Stones, at least here in the States.
February 7th, 2006 05:23 PM
Some Guy i spoke with a guy at work- he dislikes the Stones- he thought they were great and he was surprised that they sounded so good.
February 7th, 2006 05:24 PM
pdog They made many nay-sayers into believers on Sunday...
Steelers stole the game, Stones stole the show!!!
February 7th, 2006 06:37 PM
lonecrapshooter
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
I tend to doubt it. Maybe a slight bump. If anything, I think the majority of viewers, for various reasons, probably came away feeling less than positive about the Stones, at least here in the States.

and you can support this generalization with what facts?
February 7th, 2006 06:39 PM
Soldatti
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
After the show, some people where like where can I get that Rough Justice song, and I told them to go out and get A Bigger Bang....anyone think that sales will go up for ABB or any of the greatest hits albums....

40 Licks will show impact, Jump Back too but it's a real mystery about ABB. We need to wait another week to see it.
February 7th, 2006 06:43 PM
Saint Sway I think at this point in their career they arent going to convert too many new fans with a tv performance. Stones are HUGE. Everyone knows them. Everyone knows they they have a new record and are on tour. And everyone knows SMU & Satisfaction.

thats the deal.

right now theres 3 types of Stones fans:

FANS: People are either fans or haters at this point in the game. Those that dig the Stones liked what they saw on Sunday.

HATERS: Those that have already made up their mind that they hate them or dont like or no longer like them - for whatever reasons - looked at the show and thought they blew and are old or whatever.

THE REST OF SOCIETY: Those that are indifferent, dont care and will remain that way.
February 7th, 2006 11:17 PM
Fadeout_Freedom whaddabout..

UNINITIATED... the generation Y earphone-heads who up to this point in their lives have been brainwashed by Top40 radio and EmptyV into thinking that (any sterile flavor of the month) is worth listening to... who haven't SEEN THE LIGHT...

Hell, I didn't hear Jumpin' Jack Flash until 1981 when I unearthed my dad's 8-track of Hot Rocks (coincidentally the same year MTV launched). It would't surprise me if there's now probably a whole generation of unfortunates who only perceive the Stones as the punchline of lame old-age jokes.

I'd like to think there'll be at least one kid who saw the halftime show, got online and started downloading, and is now thinking "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?"

Then he and lots of kids like him go out and pay real money for a copy of ABB and the Stones have no choice but to write sixteen new songs and run back into the studio to record the follow-up..

February 7th, 2006 11:21 PM
voodoopug 40 Licks, Jump Back, and Hot Rocks will see a nice bump this week. ABB will see a slight surge as well. Sadly, Rarities will not be helped with this fantastic performance (aside from the dreadful mix)
February 8th, 2006 02:17 AM
pdog Puggy... How is the new Voodoopup... Getting any sleep?
February 8th, 2006 06:32 AM
corgi37 Sadly, no matter how could a song/performance, young people view them as old as Moses and uncool. Or, simply, not black.

Or, in the fight back from the WASP society, not country enough. Not enough moustaches and Stetsons.
February 8th, 2006 06:36 AM
IzzyStradlin
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
40 Licks, Jump Back, and Hot Rocks will see a nice bump this week. ABB will see a slight surge as well. Sadly, Rarities will not be helped with this fantastic performance (aside from the dreadful mix)

Actually - I think sales will dip a bit when people start bringing their CD's back for a refund.
February 8th, 2006 07:14 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Sadly, no matter how could a song/performance, young people view them as old as Moses and uncool. Or, simply, not black.

Or, in the fight back from the WASP society, not country enough. Not enough moustaches and Stetsons.

May be Mick should wear a Baggy,a Von Dutch cap and make video with cars and girls
those hip hop video are a constant nightmare!
February 8th, 2006 07:29 AM
Gazza
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
I tend to doubt it. Maybe a slight bump. If anything, I think the majority of viewers, for various reasons, probably came away feeling less than positive about the Stones, at least here in the States.

With a TV audience that size, a performance thats in any way competent will increase sales of their back catalogue, their new album and their concert tickets

Thats the whole point

the ones who werent positive arent exactly going to return albums or tickets

Those who liked it will be more likely to buy something.

The Stones win on all counts
February 8th, 2006 08:09 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Gazza wrote:

With a TV audience that size, a performance thats in any way competent will increase sales of their back catalogue, their new album and their concert tickets

Thats the whole point

the ones who werent positive arent exactly going to return albums or tickets

Those who liked it will be more likely to buy something.

The Stones win on all counts

I hope that's right. It certainly won't hurt. But I don't see more than a nominal bump up in sales.
February 8th, 2006 08:25 AM
gimmekeef An article last week in USA Today stated that every performer in recent years has seen a significant spike in record sales after teh Bowl.With the audience being one of the largest ever I believe Stones will see it happen.But with the shitty packaging of ABB it wont happen for that album....Licks/Jump will get the action...
February 8th, 2006 08:29 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
.But with the shitty packaging of ABB it wont happen for that album....Licks/Jump will get the action...

well said!
February 8th, 2006 11:36 AM
Saint Sway sales for "A Bigger Bang ~ DELUXE Edition" has seen a huge spike since the Super Bowl and the total number of sales has just crossed the three dozen sales plateau!

I wonder who the 2 people that bought it this week are?
February 8th, 2006 11:40 AM
gimmekeef Likely the Robinson brothers....
February 8th, 2006 12:11 PM
Saint Sway I dont think they'll be covering the RFD remix anytime soon...

[Edited by Saint Sway]
February 8th, 2006 12:13 PM
gimmekeef Sway..lets hope no one does!...lol
February 8th, 2006 12:16 PM
throbby I just noticed on msn.com that "Mick Jagger" is number 2 on the top 5 net searches. Obviously there's renewed interest out there.
February 8th, 2006 12:18 PM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
I just noticed on msn.com that "Mick Jagger" is number 2 on the top 5 net searches. Obviously there's renewed interest out there.

Great news!!!!
February 8th, 2006 02:29 PM
Break The Spell I noticed at work some of my co-workers were talking about the stones performance, some liked it, other's didn't, but it was nice to hear them at least have some kind of interest in the band for a change. One co-worker told me a cool story about meeting the band in 1989, she was at an Elton John concert the night before the stones played here and her friend was working the soundboard for Elton's concert. Keith and Woody were sitting at the sound board and she got to meet both of them!! Keith asked if she had tickets to the show and she said she didn't have any money (she was 17 at the time) so he took down her number and she never expected him to call. About 4PM the next day he actually did call her and said to pick up two tickets at the West Gate of the stadium!! It helps to have a pretty face, haha!!
February 8th, 2006 02:43 PM
texile
quote:
Fadeout_Freedom wrote:
whaddabout..

UNINITIATED... the generation Y earphone-heads who up to this point in their lives have been brainwashed by Top40 radio and EmptyV into thinking that (any sterile flavor of the month) is worth listening to... who haven't SEEN THE LIGHT...

Hell, I didn't hear Jumpin' Jack Flash until 1981 when I unearthed my dad's 8-track of Hot Rocks (coincidentally the same year MTV launched). It would't surprise me if there's now probably a whole generation of unfortunates who only perceive the Stones as the punchline of lame old-age jokes.

I'd like to think there'll be at least one kid who saw the halftime show, got online and started downloading, and is now thinking "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?"

Then he and lots of kids like him go out and pay real money for a copy of ABB and the Stones have no choice but to write sixteen new songs and run back into the studio to record the follow-up..

i got into the stones after some girls, my friend after emotional rescue, you after ty -
i think we were the last generation that "discovered" the stones through a spark of a new album - and that was the last era (78-81)that spawned a discovery,
there's always going to be some kid who discovers the stones but i think the days where the stones or a new album INSPIREs new fans is over....
saint sway's breakdown of fans is dead on...
love em
hate em
don't care...
February 8th, 2006 02:48 PM
Break The Spell It does seem that the era of "Some Girls" through "Tattoo You" was the last to spawn new fans off the strength of a new album. I personally got into them during the "Steel Wheels" era, and while I do love the SW album, it was classics like "Paint It Black", "Midnight Rambler", "Street Fighting Man", "All Down The Line" and "Sympathy For The Devil" that made me a die-hard fan.
February 8th, 2006 02:55 PM
Saint Sway I initially became a fan during the "Undercover/Shes The Boss/Dirty Work" run of excellence.
February 8th, 2006 03:05 PM
Break The Spell LOL, I do like some tunes off "Dirty Work" like "Had It With You", "One Hit To The Body", "Sleep Tonight" and their cover of "Harlem Shuffle", but I can see why many consider it their nadir.
February 8th, 2006 03:07 PM
Joey
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
After the show, some people where like where can I get that Rough Justice song, and I told them to go out and get A Bigger Bang....anyone think that sales will go up for ABB or any of the greatest hits albums....

Not sure , but if the band had played " Rain Fall Down " there would have been a mass ' burning ' of all their albums ( see : ' The Beatles ' after John Lennon's ' Bigger than Jesus ' remarks [ circa 1966 ] )

Shiver ...................................

February 8th, 2006 04:13 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
LOL, I do like some tunes off "Dirty Work" like "Had It With You", "One Hit To The Body", "Sleep Tonight" and their cover of "Harlem Shuffle", but I can see why many consider it their nadir.

yeah LOL. But whats really funny is that I actually became a HUGE fan during that trilogy of shit.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)