ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Frank Micelotta with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Give them an A Return to archive Page: 1 2
February 6th, 2006 05:28 PM
deuce www.nbc4.com/entertainment/6782981/detail.html?treets=dc&tml=dc_ent&ts=T&tmi=dc_ent_1_12150602062006

Click on the survey link
February 6th, 2006 06:06 PM
Saint Sway I gave them an A. I wish I could give them a Fuckin A!!!!

F is in the lead right now. So many haters...
February 6th, 2006 06:10 PM
Sir Stonesalot F is in the lead by a lot...
February 6th, 2006 06:14 PM
IzzyStradlin They played like tired old dogs and played like shit. Woody has totally forgotten how to play slide guitar- they deserve an E for embarassing.
February 6th, 2006 06:18 PM
Saint Sway Izzy Stradlin would of crapped his pants on that stage.

I dont think they looked tired at all. Plenty of energy.

I love Izzy. But when was the last time he left his house?
February 6th, 2006 06:25 PM
Gimme Shelter The Stones rule!!!!!!!!!!!! and so did the halftime show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
February 6th, 2006 06:55 PM
GotToRollMe I gave 'em a whole bunch of A's. (Apparently you can vote as many times as you like.)
[Edited by GotToRollMe]
February 6th, 2006 07:14 PM
traceyf07 sorry guys, I had to give them an "F".

I love the stones, I rocked at concerts back in the 80's, and will always love their music

But today they are a sad, embarrassing part of what they once were. They are a bunch of old men in their 60's thinking they are still 25. I couldn't stand to watch the third song, I was too embarrassed, I turned on CNN for God's sake. How could anyone be upset over Janet Jackson and not be offended by The Rolling Stones? Maybe if they all would play the same song I would have felt differently.

The sound was bad, the music was poor, Mick doesn't sound like Mick, Keith looked worse than he ever does. Was he aware he was performing at a concert? He was so zoned out.

Please, for those of us who saw you live back in the 1980's and who wishes they could have seen you before that, please, please, please, give it up boys. The Rolling Stones are a great band, played great music, and helped shape millions of die-hard fans; please don't ruin it. They need to stop doing concerts.

Sadly,

Tracey
February 6th, 2006 07:24 PM
Throwaway Tracey, i dont think you're a fan of rock n roll if you didn't enjoy yesterdays performance. I do hear that McCartney is looking for fans, maybe you should check him out.
February 6th, 2006 07:37 PM
Sir Stonesalot Tracey...

The Stones had no control over the sound. That was all on whomever was producing the pre/halftime/post game stuff. The TV mix was poor as well. That also has nothing to do with the Stones.

The music was good...it just sounded like shit because of the poor mix. Of course, anyone who knows anything about music...especially LIVE music...would be able to recognize that. They certainly wouldn't be blaming the band and calling for them to retire.

Anyone who knows anything would be calling for the head of whomever was doing the sound mix for ABC!

Duh.

February 6th, 2006 07:49 PM
CraigP The audio engineers were absolutely horrible. Being an aspiring recording engineer/producer, I can say that they sounded like amateurs.
They made too many oh-so-obvious mistakes, therefore dampening people's perceptions of the quality put out by the band. The Stones did screw up a few times on each song but the engineers did worse.

I would have fired them.
[Edited by CraigP]
February 6th, 2006 08:06 PM
jb People are so jealous of them that they are going out of their way to put them down...I think they rocked the world and every sports geek, nerd, and other haters felt really threatened by them....we still cause quite a disturbance as no one would post/vote against them other than pure jealousy/envy.
February 6th, 2006 08:19 PM
Riffhard Hey Tracy go fuck yourself with a sharp stick in the ass. TIA!!

Riffy
February 6th, 2006 08:41 PM
Soldatti The results are not so bad, there are most positive votes than negatives.
February 6th, 2006 08:43 PM
jb
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Hey Tracy go fuck yourself with a sharp stick in the ass. TIA!!

Riffy

LOL my Flakowitz brother!!!
February 6th, 2006 08:43 PM
jb
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
The results are not so bad, there are most positive votes than negatives.

ABB will reach Gold!!!!
February 6th, 2006 08:49 PM
rocker tracey,

Go see them now, before you write them off! There is no way you can compare a concert from the 80's (that sounds so cheessy. When you say that you give the impression that they were constantly touring in the 80's when they werent. Come on bozo, which tour was it? 81 or 89? or both?) with a half time show run by by ametuers at the soundboard. Come on! You dumb dick. The band was raw, and ronnie wood finally showed the world he's still got it.
February 6th, 2006 08:53 PM
Soldatti
quote:
jb wrote:

ABB will reach Gold!!!!

According to my sources ABB moved another 3 copies on the Detroit area...
February 6th, 2006 08:53 PM
jb
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

According to my sources ABB moved another 3 copies on the Detroit area...

You are a great Argentinian #'s man!!!
February 6th, 2006 08:54 PM
jb
quote:
rocker wrote:
tracey,

Go see them now, before you write them off! There is no way you can compare a concert from the 80's (that sounds so cheessy. When you say that you give the impression that they were constantly touring in the 80's when they werent. Come on bozo, which tour was it? 81 or 89? or both?) with a half time show run by by ametuers at the soundboard. Come on! You dumb dick. The band was raw, and ronnie wood finally showed the world he's still got it.

Don't waste your time..these are clearly what are called "flame" threadfs to illicit reaction...I know about these things.
[Edited by jb]
February 6th, 2006 09:19 PM
sammy davis jr. What is this? The MIckey Mouse Club? Voting on the Stones' performance? Uh, no, I shan't. Who really cares anyway? They were decent, not great. I glad they are still making music, and from what I saw 3rd row center on 1/25/06 Chicago, they can STILL KICK IT!
February 6th, 2006 09:20 PM
ResidentMule
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Tracey...

The Stones had no control over the sound. That was all on whomever was producing the pre/halftime/post game stuff. The TV mix was poor as well. That also has nothing to do with the Stones.

The music was good...it just sounded like shit because of the poor mix. Of course, anyone who knows anything about music...especially LIVE music...would be able to recognize that. They certainly wouldn't be blaming the band and calling for them to retire.

Anyone who knows anything would be calling for the head of whomever was doing the sound mix for ABC!

Duh.

agreed 100% - had the Stones had complete control over the mix to turn Ronnie all the way down it would've been a much better performance

sorry but anyone going to either extreme about last night's show sounds pretty silly to me. it had its ups and downs. Mick was great but I went away finding the guitars to be a a bit too sloppy (and not in a good way). too be fair though, I only tuned in about halfway through Rough Justice as I hadn't planned on watching because of how lame I thought the superbowl halftime thing was. and I haven't been quite satisfied by any of the performances of RJ I've heard to date. pity because I like the song a lot.

while I can't complain about the setlist - a classic from the 60's, an anthem from the 80's and a new song to plug ABB is as good a balance as one could ask for - if you're judging where the Stones stand now by hearing their 2 biggest 'going through the motions' songs (hardly their fault they've been pretty much obligated to play SMU & Satisfaction at every gig - especially at a sporting event) and a new one that IMO just doesn't translate live as well as it should (any song that relies that much on Ronnie is gonna be shaky) - you're missing out. bottom line for newb posters or anyone who's first taste of the ABB was last night - go to a show, see them play Midnight Rambler, then come back and we'll talk - that's my final verdict.
February 6th, 2006 09:28 PM
Sir Stonesalot >go to a show, see them play Midnight Rambler, then come back and we'll talk <

Amen.

There isn't another band on this or any other planet that can do something like Midnight Rambler. Or Gimme Shelter. Or Paint It Black(is it just me, or are they kicking PIB extra hard this time out?).

The Stones are it. And it's really not even very close.
February 6th, 2006 09:30 PM
jb
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>go to a show, see them play Midnight Rambler, then come back and we'll talk <

Amen.

There isn't another band on this or any other planet that can do something like Midnight Rambler. Or Gimme Shelter. Or Paint It Black(is it just me, or are they kicking PIB extra hard this time out?).

The Stones are it. And it's really not even very close.

Trolls hate the Stones...............
February 6th, 2006 09:35 PM
glencar I agree that RJ hasn't been very good in concert lately but I did like it last fall.
February 6th, 2006 09:52 PM
ResidentMule actually I'm basing my opinion of RJ largely on Philly back in October. between that one & Back of My Hand my expecations have kinda been lowered for the Stones being able to pull off any new songs with the right balance of tightness and energy. I think it has a lot to do with the tones of the guitars or amps Ronnie & Mick are using for slide. they just sound kinda fake to my ears. RJ is the biggest pity for me because I think its the best song off the new record and the mix sounds like the worst I've ever heard that wasn't from some amatuer/indie record
they didn't do a bad job of it when I saw em at the Wachovia, I just wish they would 'nail' it
February 6th, 2006 10:05 PM
glencar I saw it in HFD & MSG & Chicago. Those times it was well done, er, done well. Sorry for the steak reference.
February 6th, 2006 10:10 PM
sammy davis jr. Listening to the audio mix only, they do sound damn good, except Satisfaction has some overly sloppy guitarwork. I upgrade the performance to 8.5. Mick sounded better than I remembered. Kudo's to Ronnie for playing great slide on Rough Justice- just NASTY!
February 7th, 2006 05:01 AM
Jumacfly Those bashers are quite pathetic.

the Stones were good,of course they did a few mistakes, Satisfation had sloppy little parts but listen when Charlie brings them back in the good tempo it's a great RNR moment!!

SMU and rough had great moments, even if the second one sounds more and more like an avatar of you got me rocking..and if Jagger's voice had little problems, this guy is still the most amazing performer of RNR.

some people should consider that 72 is over...
In 2006 the Stones still give their best and don't lie to their audience...Im not very fan of the current tour but let's face that they did a great performance.

this poll is non sense, and only reflect the general bad tastes in music of today's world, formated between stoooopid RNB ala 15 cent or boring metal gangs with black painted nails....
I even forgotten the results!!
February 7th, 2006 06:10 PM
Soldatti Amen!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)